100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar

Intersectionals '09

Well we had our intersectional qualifying over the weekend.. The weather was some of the worst I have played in ever.. Hailed three times yesterday... Anyway in the end I managed to secure my spot on this years team. Finished first overall with 58 points for two rounds. Anyone else done?? Most courses have 5+ rounds.. for some reason we only have two.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    And the unstoppable force known as the Ginker Express just keeps on rolling.

Well done my friend

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    And the unstoppable force known as the Ginker Express just keeps on rolling.

Well done my friend

LOL.. I didn't play that well but thankfully the weather resulted in everyone playing poorly.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

5 Wood Thom Panikorn is on a distinguished road

Hautes Plaines Intersectional 09

We had our 2/3 rounds on the weekend. A lot of good players are not playing this year. Koski was at Smuggler's Glen shootout. Others were traveling. But there was enough competition for the 9 plus 2 spots. We figure a pair of 78 should get you in. Sure enough after the first day 78-79 were the cut line. But Sunday round was somthing else. With rain, freezing temperature right in the middle of the round the numbers just shot up. I shot 77-84 and right now tied for 10th, one point out of the 9th spot. Next Saturday will be a lot of fun because there are about 6-8 players fighting for the last 4 spots. I still think that our original numbers, 78-78 (56 points) would make the cut. Will keep you posted for the result.

Thom

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    congrats on making the team! I will be attempting to make my team starting next weekend, don't think it will be the easiest task. Lot of really good players, but it will be best 3/5 rounds, can imagine a few 75's might make it but I have no idea.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom Panikorn View Post
    But there was enough competition for the 9 plus 2 spots.
    What does your 9 plus 2 spots mean? On an Intersectional team there are 10 spots plus 2 alternates. Perhaps you have a Captain's pick?

Club Champion

Last year club champion, Al McGee, is automatically in therefore we are playing for the 9 and 2. It's a new rule for this year. I don't really know how the club came up with the decision but most of us seem to be OK with it.

Thom

P.S. McGee played and won the Smuggler's Glen shootout on the weekend.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    We start our first of three rounds (best 2 of 3) this weekend and for the following two weekends after. I'm hoping to play well because I only get to qualify in two of the three rounds. The Mrs. to be told me now golf on the Sun of the weekend of our wedding.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Shotmaker acadian is on a distinguished road acadian's Avatar

conditions sucked

ya like you all said the weather was just ugly on the week-end ,the ball didn't carry too much that's for sure
    , i am only able to play 2 of the 3 rounds because i'm going on another fishing vacation, heheh so i had to play good enough to make it with 2 rounds and not 3 ,, but i think my 59 points should be good enough.
    59 points is 3rd place right now so hopefully it will work out.
    74 saturday and 79 sunday,,
    Thom , i ain't worried about you my friend , you'l shoot something under 74 next week and you'l be good to go. When it counts ,your there

3rd round

Thanks for the confidence buddy. I am taking a couple of days off just to rest this old body. The clod rain on Sunday seemed to freeze up my muscle and stiffen up my joints. I am going fishing today too, hopefully better luck this time.

Bring back a lot of trophy trouts!

Thom

59 points should be more than enough.

Shotmaker acadian is on a distinguished road acadian's Avatar

:)

hey no problem ,, i know you'll do good ,, you always do when it counts , your putter never lets you down
    ya it was a little cold on the week-end , but i guess from fishing so much in bad weather i'm getting used to it ,,, i was actually just wearing a little short sleeved shirt and my short sleaved windbreaker,that's it ,,,,so now i know that if ever i have a chance of beating you for money ,then i need to play you in bad and cold weather, hehehh ,
    Hope the fishing is good ,cause i know the trout fishing will be great
    of by the way , here are a couple pictures of those monster trouts i caught this year
    Good luck next week

The second , 4th and 5th picture are that monster 24inch speckle trout i was telling you about , look at the 5th picture of the speckles on the table ,, all those trout are about 17 to 20 inches long ,, and then you see the monster 8 pounder that i caught ,, it was almost 17 1/2 inches of girth
    the other 2 pictures are nice Lake trout
    Attached Images

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    I played 80-79 for 53 points. I have been struggling badly this very young season but I’m seeing improvement slowly but surely. I played 79 with three doubles on Sunday in the bad weather. I have a hard time getting those couple of bad holes off the scorecard. I don’t now where I’m sitting at but if Tom is 10th with 52 points I’m probably sitting 9th with 53. I will need at least 77 this Saturday to secure a spot.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

5 Iron Tbone is on a distinguished road Tbone's Avatar
    When will the O.V.G.A post the matchups for this year? Played at Glen Mar last year,we finished 3rd with one of our top guys wrongly disqualified for practicing on the course.Not sure who moved up or down from last year?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
    one of our top guys wrongly disqualified for practicing on the course.
    'd be interested in the circumstances - What happened? (Briefly so we don't get too far of topic)
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road
    If heard correctly, I think he was practice pitching to the 18th green prior to his round?

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
    When will the O.V.G.A post the matchups for this year? Played at Glen Mar last year,we finished 3rd with one of our top guys wrongly disqualified for practicing on the course.Not sure who moved up or down from last year?
    So you are playing for Calabogie. We are playing you this year. The match up in our bracket will be:

Glen mar
    Calabogie
    Hautes Plaines
    Larrimac

If Glen Mar hosted last year and finished second last year again it is possible that Calabogie will be hosting this year. Unless Glen Mar is still willing to host it two years in a row.

Mike

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swerve View Post
    If heard correctly, I think he was practice pitching to the 18th green prior to his round?

If that is true, then he wasn't wrongfully disqualified. I'd be interested to hear what TBone has to say.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    If that is true, then he wasn't wrongfully disqualified. I'd be interested to hear what TBone has to say.
    Unless there is a tournament rule against it, you are allowed to practice on the competition course prior to your round in match play.

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Unless there is a tournament rule against it, you are allowed to practice on the competition course prior to your round in match play.
    Really? I’m surprised.

Yes you are correct justsomeguy,he was well within the rules of matchplay to practice before the round on the course,since there is no chipping allowed at Glenmar on the putting green he threw a few balls down between the clubhouse and the 9th green and chipped there and was told he was disqualified.Our club president got an appology from the O.V.T.a for the mistake which could have changes things drastically since Glenmar and Papineau had 35 points each and Calabogie had 30.Our last guy missed a 3 footer on the last for 6 and ended up tieing the Papineau guy and allowing them to overtake Glanmar.Always interesting at the Intersectionals.As far as I know we go back to Glenmar again.We got Haute Plaines??YIKES!!!

OOPS! I meant O.V.G.A.

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road
    Ouch, Hautes Plains and their band of + handicaps... Do they have anyone on their team that sin't scratch?

I think in their first year at The Marshes they got 59/60 points!

Big Easy, I know you are reading this so here goes. Are you trying out for the Rivermead intersectional team?

Mike

Ya,Alan Macgee was the only guy who didn't get 6 that year for Marshes!!W.T.F??

LOL!! No no. We have a good talent base but not many of them are +hdcp players. Not sure but I think only 2 are scratch. I might be mistaken. Most of us are between 2 and 6 hdcp. IMHO most are approximately 2 strokes better then our handicap at HP. Doubles are easy to find at HP. A bad streak hurts our hdcp easily here.

As for the points, since 2003 I think we had only one year that we did not get at least 50+ points.

Mike

I think our lowest guy is like a 5 or 6!! Most of our guys are around 10 or so.Average age is around 50.Should be a lot of fun though!! Looking forward to it.

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    Big Easy, I know you are reading this so here goes. Are you trying out for the Rivermead intersectional team?

Mike
    Yes, I'll be trying but the expectations are pretty low. My handicap is now sitting at 4 (not bad considering I'm still getting used to the greens) but I'm ranked 18th among the active players!!! There are roughly 30 players with an handicap of 5 or better, including 6 scratch players or better...

WOW!! I guess that’s the reason they are on top of the intersectional bracket. Are you scoring well on the course? We should get together with Cam and play a game.

Update

It's our last 2/3 rounds today. I had one of the "Tiger" round today! Pushed my drive right in the bunker on one, chunked it out of the sand and had to get up and down from 50y for par. On 2 pulled the drive left, had to go under a tree from 123y and another "par". It was like that all day until 17th and 18th.

I figured I had to shoot anything under 80 to make the team. And I managed to shoot 78 (77 in the first round for 57 points) and made the team. It's one of those days you know you dodn't have it but you have to play. My prediction at the start that 78-78 (56 points) would have made it was bang on! The spares are 55-54 points.

Good luck to all of you who start your quest today. Don't give up too early. It's a marathon not sprint!

Thom

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Well done Thom!!!! We had our first round today and I didn't play very well and will have to have two really good rounds now to have a chance. It's looking like it may take 60 points or better to make our team.

Thread Information