100 Holes of Hope

View Poll Results: Headcover after every shot or round ?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • After every shot

47 83.93%
  • After my round of golf

6 10.71%
  • Headcover ? what's a headcover ? lol

3 5.36%
+ Reply to Thread
    2 Iron Golfy Kid is on a distinguished road Golfy Kid's Avatar

Question Headcover after every shot or round ?

When my Driver was brand new, I used to put my headcover after every shot.

Now, I just keep my headcover inside my bag. The shininess is fading away

Maybe the next time I'll put my headcover, it's going to be a farewell & Hello to my new upgrade!

Hybrid Gary Madore is on a distinguished road
    I always replace it but to protect the shaft, not the head - I'm paranoid about nicking the graphite and having the head come off and killing someone.

I'm told that it could never happen, but I already have too much to think about on the tee box

Cheers!

Gary

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Its very simple for me. If I decide to buy new equipment, I sell the old equipment. The better shape the old equipment is in, the easier it is to sell and the more $$$ I get for it. That's why I use iron covers for forged irons too.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    A headcover is a must for ho's!

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    If I am using my three wheeler I leave my driver headcover in the car.. If I am riding I usually use it every hole.. All that being said I keep my stuff in top condition.. The headcover for the 909s doesn't give any shaft protection.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    I have to admit, when I started golf I was pretty careful using headcovers. Then I found I kept dropping them during a round and had to run and find them. So I started leaving them in the car. After that I gradually stopped putting them on in the car, but do remove the woods and put them at the back of the trunk alone. Eventually the headcovers ended up unloved in the basement.

I haven't seen any damage caused to them from not being covered. I just leave my clubs in the trunk all summer. It is a tightish fit so they don't get too tossed around. The only time I would cover them now is taking them travelling, plane or something.

With one exception...........my putter. It gets all the love, pity it doesn't deserve it.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Always use a cover with my driver and used to with my woods but the 'dog' covers always fell off so I gave up and just make sure the woods cannot contact anything adjacent.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Outside of my Scotty putter which I found an old putter head cover to hide it since I didn't want my putter stolen while I run in for a pit stop or hot dog at the turn or after the round. I just don't use head covers, I don't sell my used equipment so I don't care if they get a bit nicked up while in the pull cart. I do try not to have the metal woods bang into one another if possible though. If I have to hit from a cart path or other nasty lie I think about the shot at hand and not if I'm going to do damage to the club thus bringing down it's value. I can appreciate the other view but it's just me and my idiosyncrasy's.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Head cover......every shot........every club.......period!

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    No question... It's ingrained. All my equipment is cared for as if it where new. I clean each iron after every shot... and wash them when I get home.
    Even though I have headcovers for my forged irons they still get chatter marks but they are infrequent and not as deep as they would be be without.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I'm a bit like Chris as i try to clean my clubs after every shot and wash them when i get home.I always put the head covers on woods for sure.I'm a bit of a neat freak and thats my problem for sure.LOL

Birdie JWWRMA is on a distinguished road
    Replacing your headcover after every shot is a good thing. It forces you to think about where you left it, which takes your mind off the bad shot you just made.

On the other hand; if you make a great shot, you just may leave the cover behind.

Driver dreaded_snowman is on a distinguished road dreaded_snowman's Avatar
    I always put my head covers back on after every shot, on my driver, woods and hybrids. Never occurred to me to do otherwise.

Hybrid Bravesox is on a distinguished road Bravesox's Avatar
    If I am pulling a cart, I replace my headcovers everytime, if using a power cart i get lazy and throw them in the basket in back. I wash my irons after every round and clean them as good as possible during the round...

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    I started carrying again 3 seasons ago. HC's on every club, irons included after every shot. For the protection, but also so that my irons don't click with every step, especially around the greens.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    When I carry, it's headcover after every shot. When I'm in a power cart, the driver is typically so much longer than the other clubs it never gets nicked. 3wd/4wd and putter get re-covered every shot though as they are used so infrequently (other than putter ).

Fally
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    As all my clubs are new this year I always use the head covers, taken off and put back on each shot!! With the old clubs....the head cover just road around in my bag!!
    Never dreamt I would ever get so hooked on this game!!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    h/c's all the time.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Birdie g8r is on a distinguished road
    what do you use to clean your clubs after every shot? just a towel? or is it a spit shine with one of those soft golf brushes?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g8r View Post
    what do you use to clean your clubs after every shot? just a towel? or is it a spit shine with one of those soft golf brushes?
    I just use a towel. I dampen one side of it and clean the club every time. I can't stand dirty clubs. I sometimes use a tee to get the dirt out of the grooves if necessary.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Thread Information