CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar

Driver - HARD Pull

Most clubs are going relatively straight.

Driver for some reason starts left and never comes back. It's hit dead straight(left) and doesn't appear to be deviating at all until it as always hits trees on the left.

Any ideas why this could be? My driver was working great now it's all over when I experiment. When I go to what I used to do I'm doing that hard pull left I just described.

Thanks,

Team Match Play Champ 2010 Singles Match Play Champ 2013 Hearzy is on a distinguished road Hearzy's Avatar
    Sounds like you are having the same problem as me... Check out my post below.. Couple of good points.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Check your alignment...perhaps because the ball position is too forward and pulling your right shoulder ahead of the left...Try to move the ball back a bit and line it up with your left armpit so both forearms are about parallel at setup.

Not complete the shoulder turn. It's a killer for me...especially when my body is tired.

Tee it up a tad higher...

Good luck and keep trying.

Eagle dhacker1956 is on a distinguished road

check the weight

If it is TOO light you my just be manhandling it. I have two drivers one is at least 2 oz heavier and I can wail with it. Straight. But if I try that with the lightter one I pull about 1/3 of the time. only thing is the lighter one goes about 20 yards farther when hit straight.

Gap Wedge Houdini is on a distinguished road Houdini's Avatar

Direction Correction

Quote Originally Posted by dH View Post
    Most clubs are going relatively straight.

Driver for some reason starts left and never comes back. It's hit dead straight(left) and doesn't appear to be deviating at all until it as always hits trees on the left.

Any ideas why this could be? My driver was working great now it's all over when I experiment. When I go to what I used to do I'm doing that hard pull left I just described.

Thanks,

The issue of hitting solid shots offline is simple to fix. The initial direction is created by the path of the hands. Meaning your hands are travelling to the left. You need to have your hands flow to the target line or feel like they are going to the right of current. Remember no matter where you are lined up the starting path of the ball on solid contact is created by the path of your hands.

Master CGTF

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    The issue of hitting solid shots offline is simple to fix. The initial direction is created by the path of the hands. Meaning your hands are travelling to the left. You need to have your hands flow to the target line or feel like they are going to the right of current. Remember no matter where you are lined up the starting path of the ball on solid contact is created by the path of your hands.
    This is an interesting comment considering that slow motion video from the down the line view indicates that the hands are actually moving left of the target line just before impact. In fact, the only way to square the club face is to have this happening save some sort of conscious manipulation of the club face which is a recipe for disaster. Maintaining a connection between the lead upper arm and the upper chest will cause this to happen without conscious thought

Rather, to avoid the original poster's problem, his body must be aligned parallel left of the target line. Since the motion of the arms/hands tends to follow the alignment of the shoulders at address, they must be aligned properly. Then, the hands must be moved BACK towards the camera at the transition (down the line view) instead of out to the ball, which most golfers do. Trying to hit the inside quadrant of the ball, versus the back of the ball, is an image that many golfers use.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    This is an interesting comment considering that slow motion video from the down the line view indicates that the hands are actually moving left of the target line just before impact. In fact, the only way to square the club face is to have this happening save some sort of conscious manipulation of the club face which is a recipe for disaster. Maintaining a connection between the lead upper arm and the upper chest will cause this to happen without conscious thought

Rather, to avoid the original poster's problem, his body must be aligned parallel left of the target line. Since the motion of the arms/hands tends to follow the alignment of the shoulders at address, they must be aligned properly. Then, the hands must be moved BACK towards the camera at the transition (down the line view) instead of out to the ball, which most golfers do. Trying to hit the inside quadrant of the ball, versus the back of the ball, is an image that many golfers use.
    But he is Houdini and can do anything he pleases
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Gap Wedge Houdini is on a distinguished road Houdini's Avatar

Direction Corection

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post

You have to pay special attention to the question. This post is not asking about curvature. Therefore the clubface is irrvalvant to the conversation.

Path always is created by hands

Curvature is created by clubface

Keep things as simple as possible. Again to correct a straight solid pull change the path of the hands. Soild contact indicates a square clubface to the path of the hands which is also proven by the poster indicating that his pulls are straight ball flight.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Thanks for suggestions.

I make a point of trying to pull inside to avoid an outside swing path.

I have thougth that when I do this I "hold on" too long? Even though you never truly release the club I feel it's on the clubface too long. Does that make sense?

3 Wood Shreen is on a distinguished road

me too

I also have this problem from time to time. For me its either 1 of 2 things.

1 Incomplete turn back... don't get the club behind me so when I swing the club is starting from the outside. So I make a good swing from where the club is at the top, but since it started outside it results in a pull.

2 Alignment issues. I sometimes get my stance closed with my driver for whatever reason. So when my brain tries to compensate.... pull.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    i took my glove off for humid days pull fixed too strong a grip i figured, never felt like i was doing anything to cause it

Thread Information