CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge Jayuqo is on a distinguished road

Need feedbacks on these drivers...

Good day,

I'm looking at changing my current driver (Ben Hogan C-S3 10,5*, Aldila 65-S). I narrowed down my options to 4/5 and I would like to get some feedbacks from that forum. The options are:

King Cobra S9-1 F
    King Cobra L5V F (L4V as well but the L5V has a few settings you can change)
    Ping G10
    TM R7

One thing about both KCs is that their "sweet spot zone" is fairly bigger than some other drivers but does it make a difference? The reason I'm asking this is because the sweet spot on my Ben Hogan is fairly small compared to some other drivers. When the "impact point" of the ball is just a little outside the sweet spot zone, that's when I get my ginormous slice. On the other hand, I can drive the ball 275yds when I get the sweet spot. I guess I've been looking for a little bit of forgiveness in a driver.

Also, if you have other drivers to propose, feel free to do so....

Thanks in advance!

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    MY suggestion is to go to some of the review sites. Just "google" reviews and the driver and you should get some comments from people who have used them.

I have the G10 and love it, off centre hits still go a good distance. I like the sound and head shape/size. I can't say it is the longest driver I hit but it's certainly not the shortest.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Out of that list I think the S9 is the best feeling driver. It has a great look at address and just feels great when you hit it. I'd also look at the Ping Rapture V2, very solid driver as well. If you are into olde drivers the Titleist 905R ha to be one of the nest 460 drivers every made and the Callaway FT-5 is a cannon.

Pitching Wedge duhast is on a distinguished road
    I had the exact same ben hogan driver a few years ago, then switched to an r7 460, which was great, but i'm now hitting a much longer and more forgiving callaway ft-5, which is my recommendation to you.

Thread Information