100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    2 Iron joethepro66 is on a distinguished road joethepro66's Avatar

OVGA 4 Ball Better Ball June8 Hylands

How does this event work? Teams etc. Please tell me.

Thanks

Birdie marcf is on a distinguished road marcf's Avatar
    The entries have closed for this event, (or will in the next couple of days.) It is a clssic four ball tournament. Team of 2 players both play their own ball and the best score on the hole represents the score for the team on that hole. Classically named a "Four Ball" since there are 2 teams in each group, thus four balls are in play.

The OVGA determines 3 flights A, B, C, depending on the combined factors of the competitors, and equally divided (21 teams would equal 3 flights of 7). It is a gross competition and no net prizes are awarded. Overall Winning score is historically around 68 (-4). Hylands always ends up being a good test for this event, and the meal is pretty good too!! Good time had by all, good competition, cost $170 per team. You must be a member of an OVGA club in order to participate.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    The entries have closed for this event, (or will in the next couple of days.) It is a clssic four ball tournament. Team of 2 players both play their own ball and the best score on the hole represents the score for the team on that hole. Classically named a "Four Ball" since there are 2 teams in each group, thus four balls are in play.

The OVGA determines 3 flights A, B, C, depending on the combined factors of the competitors, and equally divided (21 teams would equal 3 flights of 7). It is a gross competition and no net prizes are awarded. Overall Winning score is historically around 68 (-4). Hylands always ends up being a good test for this event, and the meal is pretty good too!! Good time had by all, good competition, cost $170 per team. You must be a member of an OVGA club in order to participate.
    And if you play with Marc you get to see someone drive the ball 80 yards past you, every time. Normally, they alternate each year between the shot makers south course and the let r rip north. BTW: The cost is $140 per team. The drinks are cheap and the meal is excellent.

Thanks BC, I actually meant to say $140, thinking $70 each...it was late, and my brain was shutting down.

This year, my partner and I have to make some putts and we will be in good shape! See you at Hylands!!

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    How do you get into this event ? Where can I get more information ?

This is an OVGA event, so only dues paying members of the OVGA clubs can enter. If you are a member of an OVGA club, then speak to your club captain or whomever is taking care of the OVGA entries. I am pretty sure the entries are closed as the tournament is only 9 days away.

BC, any comment on this? Did I miss anything?

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Okay... was just curious ! I'm not a member of a club (yet) or anything so I wouldn't be able to enter anyway. But look out!!! I coming to get ya !!! LOL !!!

Thanks for the info !

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    This is an OVGA event, so only dues paying members of the OVGA clubs can enter. If you are a member of an OVGA club, then speak to your club captain or whomever is taking care of the OVGA entries. I am pretty sure the entries are closed as the tournament is only 9 days away.

BC, any comment on this? Did I miss anything?
    The entries, with payment, had to be at the OVGA office by last Monday. However, those who still wish to enter should contact the OVGA office and often, if there is still room, post entries will be accepted.

Thread Information