CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Iron FG71 is on a distinguished road FG71's Avatar

Exclamation HELP Need a club-fitter, Montreal.

Hi I need to open the face on my driver but I don't know anybody in Montreal to open the face of my driver a couple of degrees (2*) and I DON"T want an R9...

So any references would really be appreciated.

Cheers

Frank

Forgot to mention that Golftown doesn't want to do it for me they're not equipped they said

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Good luck
    http://forums.iseekgolf.com/forums/1...st-driver-loft

I have never understood the concept. You can bend the loft to stronger or weaker if you have the right tools. But how can you open or close the face. The hosel would have to be twisted clock or counterclockwise. Bending the loft does not close or open the face. It may give you the impression that it is more closed or open but it is just an impression. I do not know what you are trying to accomplish but I would suggest different methods than trying to twist a hosel.
    If you are fighting a hook just get a much stiffer shaft or buy a rib grip and have installed where the rib part is on left side of the shaft. Or if you have a.350 hosel get a special ferrule made for that purpose.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Wha driver is it?

Quote Originally Posted by FG71 View Post
    Hi I need to open the face on my driver but I don't know anybody in Montreal to open the face of my driver a couple of degrees (2*) and I DON"T want an R9...

So any references would really be appreciated.

Cheers

Frank
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

It's an 909 D2 with whiteboard 73 stiff.

I tried to fight the pull with this driver and to make sure it was the club I loan it to a friend who's a pro.
    When he return the club he told me that he was hitting it a bit left so I took it to GT to try the launch monitor.
    The result was perfect launch 13* spin 2900 ball speed 160 total distance 275-285 yds but all went left!
    so they let me try an r9 with the face open 2* and voila down the middle all the time so that why I want to open the face up.

Hope you guy's understand what I'm trying to explain. I know that opening the face is quite hard.

Cheers

Frank

Champion racmbs is on a distinguished road racmbs's Avatar
    Nobody in Montreal will do this.....the process is very difficult as you need a special mold designed specifically for that head, so it can be bent properly. Torching the hosel with the amount of heat that's required, can severely alter the integrity of the metal.

If I were you, try and find a tour driver that's already 1 to 2 degrees open....or just cave and buy an R9 already, it's a sweet driver and love mine.

Quote Originally Posted by racmbs View Post
    Nobody in Montreal will do this.....the process is very difficult as you need a special mold designed specifically for that head, so it can be bent properly. Torching the hosel with the amount of heat that's required, can severely alter the integrity of the metal.

If I were you, try and find a tour driver that's already 1 to 2 degrees open....or just cave and buy an R9 already, it's a sweet driver and love mine.

I know it's a long shot but I have alot of money in that club already. Cave in a r9 ! that's why I'm done with taylor made.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by racmbs View Post

Not too many folks can perform this. It takes a special jig. Moreover the tour van folks will break a few until they achieve the right combo. But they not have our budget
    Mahatma Gandhi

7 Iron mikec222 is on a distinguished road
    clock it open, I don't know exactly how its done, but it's something you buy to put in the hosel I think.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec222 View Post
    clock it open, I don't know exactly how its done, but it's something you buy to put in the hosel I think.
    Does not work on all clubs:

http://golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_p...9013_A_cn_E_38
    Mahatma Gandhi

Birdie Slammin' Stever is on a distinguished road Slammin' Stever's Avatar

Club Maker in Montreal - Fighting a pull.

If you are fighting a (Straight) pull try moving the ball (slightly) back in your stance. The club face may be coming into the ball at a 4 degree closed face. Putting the ball back in your stance 1/4 of an inch will allow the face to square or stay open 2 degrees which equates to a straight hit. As long as you are not hitting pull hooks which means the shaft is too soft and closing too quickly before impact.

I hope this will help.

Bending a driver is not a great idea. Titanium is brittle enough as it is without stressing the hosel. It may work (somewhat) with 17/4 or 15/5 stainless steel but not Titanium. That is why there are more Ti faces cracking in cold weather (cold beater balls left in the range) at the being of the year then any other time.

I hope this helps.

Stever

If you need help with a driver give me a call sometime I know a long driver who is a club maker in Montreal ..Claude "the Duke of Earl" LeDuc.

Thread Information