CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Natural Golf ?

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar

Natural Golf ?

Just picked up the book and video at a garage sale for $5. Looks interesting and I would not mind taking a lesson. Surfed this site and found the pro (S Hall) at Mountain Creek but he gave up his pro status. Anyone know of anyone within an hour of Ottawa or maybe around Albany, N.Y. as I will be there next month ?

5 Wood Thom Panikorn is on a distinguished road

Swinglikemoe.com

If you are interested in the "natural golf", you should check out the www.swinglikemoe.com or the Graves Golf Academy. This is the site that dedicated to teaching Moe Norman golf swing. Moe Norman used to be with Natural Golf. The "Natural Golf" company is not around any more i don't think. I bought a CD from the GGA people a couple of years ago. I have been a follower of Moe Norman's golf swing and the natural golf concept since the my early days.I never took a lesson though because there has been no one around here who "knows" Moe's swing. I learned the swing from trial and error. It works for me.

Good luck,

Thom

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Gofish2 View Post
    Just picked up the book and video at a garage sale for $5. Looks interesting and I would not mind taking a lesson. Surfed this site and found the pro (S Hall) at Mountain Creek but he gave up his pro status. Anyone know of anyone within an hour of Ottawa or maybe around Albany, N.Y. as I will be there next month ?
    For instructional materials, I agree that the Graves brothers offer the best/simplest of what there is available. However, there have been other single axis methods around, IMA, BGG, LPG as well as Natural Golf and the Graves brothers methods. There is also a single axis golf forum which is excellent and can be found here: http://www.network54.com/Forum/72052/

Ken Martin is the head of instruction at NG, is an excellent player a nice person and a great communicator. The only other SA instructor locally (Ottawa) is John Olesen, who is stationed at a local driving range, the name of which currently escapes me.(Barrhaven??)

Having used a single axis setup and swing for many years, I firmly believe that it increases the probability of a straight shot, but how straight depends on the swing that you develop from the ability that you have. Like any method, it takes time, patience, and a lot of correct practice, to develop a fine swing, but it can be done.

Lob Wedge BrianH61 is on a distinguished road
    As far as I know Steve Hall is the head pro at Sand Point Golf Course and has not given up his "pro status" he is a CPGA accredited professional and teacher. Maybe he no longer teaches Natural Golf or the Graves Single Swing plane method (that took Natural Golf over) as going by the website it looks to be a money making scheme to sell students all sorts of expensive training aids, training clubs, grips and other stuff that Moe Norman never used or needed! I know John Olsen used to teach Natural Golf at the On the Green Driving Range in Barhaven, but that was many years ago, so not sure if he continued to teach it after the Graves Brothers took over Natural Golf. The single plane theory looks promising but I would be reluctant to get on an expensive training treadmill buying all sorts of stuff. If it really works your regular equipment, a good book and / or instructor, plus hard work should be all you need.

Thread Information