100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Shotmaker acadian is on a distinguished road acadian's Avatar

Single handicap Golf partners , wanted

I have my usual golfing buddies like most of you ,but the thing is that my friends are golfers that usually shoot over 100 (all 20+ hdp) and when i play with them i usualy don't play my best games(mid to high 80's) I don't know if it's just me being to relaxed and having fun or do you really play at the level of your partners (not really same level but you know what i mean ,don't play as well).
    Cause when i'm alone or happen to be paired with someone with a single digit handicap,, i tend to play ALOT better, my best games (mid to high 70's),,,,
    Not that i have anything against my buddies that play 100+ ,i have lots of fun,but, it's just i'd like to start taking my game a little more serious and bring it to the next level ,,and i figure that starts off by playing with better competition ,, or i should say FRIENDLY competition
    Plus i can always use adivce and tips to help my game ,, i'm always open to that
    So if there are single handicap players looking for a golfing partner ,,, i'd love to play sometime , the courses i usually play are Vieux Moulin , Edleweiss , Mont Cascade, Kingsway , Royal Papineau ,,, but I don't mind playing anywere else,, can't really afford playing Eagle Creek , for the same price i can play my usual courses twice , hehe
    thanks

Bogie Marmotte is on a distinguished road Marmotte's Avatar

Alternatives...

Have you considered playing some local tour events? Check on the Ottawa GC Tour herein or The Mulligan Tour...
    At least you will be able to log in a couple of "serious" games during the season...
    [COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino Linotype]If you bury my ashes on a golf course, just make sure that they are out of bounds, that will be a natural continuation to my life[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by acadian
    ...and i figure that starts off by playing with better competition ,, or i should say FRIENDLY competition
    If i was that good, I'd join you...good luck.

how much

Sure i wouldn't mind getting into a couple tournaments, that would be nice to play under presure ,, you learn alot more that way.,, but isn't it pretty expensive to get into a tournament?? How much does it usually cost?

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Sure i wouldn't mind getting into a couple tournaments, that would be nice to play under presure ,, you learn alot more that way.,, but isn't it pretty expensive to get into a tournament?? How much does it usually cost?
    Ottawa Golf tour info: http://www.ottawagolf.com/tour/index.htm

Mulligan tour info:http://www.mulligantour.com/MTsch_ot...ournaments.htm

I know from experience that the OG Tour is a lot of fun. Cost is $60 to join. Tournaments are regular course green fees + $20 towards cleaners/CTP/year-end prize money (which you could win back, of course).
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Woods
    If i was that good, I'd join you...good luck.
    You would be surprised by the level of play....

I never believed you had to be good to compete in a sport, my experience is that you get better by competing. The fun of golf is in challenging yourself, not beating the opponents... there will always be one guy (or lady?) to beat Tiger...

For a the experience, you can join the "SLAMMER Tour" run by Rules Ryan. There is no "joining fee" for the first year. I tried and had a ball last time... although the crowd is a bit young for an old ground hog like me.
    http://www.ryancreative.com/slammer
    This is a challenge formula, and you can select your opponents if you want.
    [COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino Linotype]If you bury my ashes on a golf course, just make sure that they are out of bounds, that will be a natural continuation to my life[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

sounds interesting

it's definatly something that i'm am gona have to look into
    Are these leagues or tournaments played on the week-end?? And does your hadicap come into effect at all?
    Wich courses are usually played???

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

OttawaGolf Tour

Hello Acadian

While I cant speak for other leagues/tours, our tour (OG Tour) is played strictly on weekends and for the most part early mornings on sundays. Our first event is on saturday the 8th of may (day before Mother's Day)

We have a webpage located as el tigre said on this site, with all the information you need. Check here OG Tour

This is a handicapped tour, therefore giving all levels of golfers some chance at winning $$$. Points earned are net scores, and accumulated over the 12 events although only your best 8 are used.
    Last edited by NoBack; 05-03-2004 at 12:14 PM.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Thanks Steve

Thanks Steve , i'l look into that , it's definatly something that interests me
    At least this way a person can learn alot more about the game ,,, different opignions and learn to deal with presure situations ,,and that's what i'm looking for
    Appreciate the help

it's definatly something that i'm am gona have to look into
    Are these leagues or tournaments played on the week-end?? And does your hadicap come into effect at all?
    Wich courses are usually played???
    If you look into the schedules for last year of the two other Tours, besides OGT, they appear to play almost exclusively on week-ends. Seems fair since we have to earn our green fees to be able to play.
    The three web-links I have given you are Tours, this means that they are changing venues every week. All have events where you can participate without committing to the full tour. There is a variety of sites, but usually they are the best without being the most expensive. Check them out, and I am certain you will find a niche,

5 Wood Thom Panikorn is on a distinguished road

Playing Partners

Hi Acadian,

I am a memeber at Les Vieux Moulins. My buddies and I are playing there Tuesday and Thursday afternoon around 3:30pm. I normally play other days as well but around 2pm. We always have a competitive games going. I am a 2-3 hcp (from last year) and my friends are 6-7 and 15 hcps. If you want to come out some day just either pm me or let me know how I can contact you or call me at 371-1295.

TP

thanks thom

Sent you a PM ,,, i'll take you up on that
    sounds fun

Thread Information