100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Royal Oaks

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar

Royal Oaks

I'm heading down to New Brunswick this summer for approx. a week and I'm planning on playing a round at Royal Oaks in Moncton. From what I see, it seems like the best golf course of the province, best conditions, toughest course, etc...

Has anybody ever played this course? If so, please let me know what you thought of it...

Thanks

LongBallHitter

Shotmaker acadian is on a distinguished road acadian's Avatar

its gorgeous

I was braught up in Notre Dame , the village right after Irish Town (that is actually were Royal Oaks is ) just outside of moncton.
    But this course is absolutly beautifull and once the real estate around the course is done ,it will be something else , and i think theyt droped their prices down to 60 or 70$
    a couple years ago they were charging people over 100$/round
    the quality of the grass was amazing .. it was like hiting your irons through butter ,,

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I've heard great things about the track. Too bad it hadn't been built when I was living in Sackville. As it is, I'll be playing the Links at Kingswood Park in Fredericton this summer. As I understand it, this course is even more highly regarded. You might want to check it out if you have a chance.

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    Mpare:

I lived in Fredericton for 3 years and absolutely loved the Lynx in Freddy. Gorgeous with its waterfall. I'm sure you'll appreciate. Just below that level is Mactaquac which is really nice for the price paid.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nice_lag
    Mpare:

I lived in Fredericton for 3 years and absolutely loved the Lynx in Freddy. Gorgeous with its waterfall. I'm sure you'll appreciate. Just below that level is Mactaquac which is really nice for the price paid.
    Thanks for the news. My wife and I will have a go at it with a friend who's a member at the Fredericton Golf Club. I Also lived in Fredericton between 65 and 75. I loved Mactaquac. Beautiful layout and extremely challenging from the back tees when the rough was allowed to grow. I played in an NB Amateur there one year when the wind was howling. Man was that tough. Loved every minute of it including trying to bust the tee shot over the water on 14 into the teeth of the wind. Now there is a tough, tough hole. A friend who was somewhat under the weather (a former hockey player with the Tommies) decided to swim across one warn September day. That was priceless!

Bogie Marmotte is on a distinguished road Marmotte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LongBallHitter
    a week and I'm planning on playing a round at Royal Oaks in Moncton. ...

Has anybody ever played this course? If so, please let me know what you thought of it...
    Real nice place... well groomed. The Fairways are challenging and there are a couple of holes where the long drive is for the suckers. Keep your 3/5woods handy and be prepared to work with your wedges particularly on the back nine.
    When I was there, the greens were clean but slow, but I am told that was a bad day...

Hope you will get a better score than I did....mine was a disaster, but I enjoyed thoroughly the experience. On your way back, you can still check on the Madawaska (near the Quebec border) or the old course at Rivière-du-Loup... or closer to heaven ... the golf at St-Pacome.
    [COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino Linotype]If you bury my ashes on a golf course, just make sure that they are out of bounds, that will be a natural continuation to my life[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by LongBallHitter
    I'm heading down to New Brunswick this summer for approx. a week and I'm planning on playing a round at Royal Oaks in Moncton. From what I see, it seems like the best golf course of the province, best conditions, toughest course, etc...

Thanks

LongBallHitter
    This course is absolutely gorgeous. Played there last summer and the course was in pristine condition. Worth every dollards I spent there. Hopefully, the day I played wasn't too windy because this course is pretty much open (links style) and surely things can get complicated with a 40mph wind (slope around 130 and rating of 73.5!!!) I've heard also that the Lynx is a pretty good choice. If you are heading to the Moncton area, the Royal Oaks is a must play.

Thread Information