CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar

Anyone hit one of the launch monitors in town.,..

Hey I am interested in going to one of the launch monitors in town to fit my driver with the proper shaft to optimize launch and spin conditions. Just wondered if anyone has done this? If so, where did you go? Artisan? Kevin Haimes? And what were the results..... And anything else you wanna add. Thanks

Cheers.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    I went to Artisan and was very pleased with the service. Don Irving had me try my driver and then 4 others with differnt chafts and head sizes, hitting 10 balls each and then comparing them on the computor to find out which would be good for me. He showed me my ball flight, poped up anylisis of ball speed, clubhead speed, launch angle, backspin and other swing information.

I was told my driver was good but should be shortened a bit. I had it cut down and after making some ajustments on how far I was from the ball, I can honestly say when I hit it right, it is just as long if not longer than before. Just need to be more consistant but that will come.

I would recommend Artisan .
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    I went to Artisan and was very pleased with the service. Don Irving had me try my driver and then 4 others with differnt chafts and head sizes, hitting 10 balls each and then comparing them on the computor to find out which would be good for me. He showed me my ball flight, poped up anylisis of ball speed, clubhead speed, launch angle, backspin and other swing information.

I was told my driver was good but should be shortened a bit. I had it cut down and after making some ajustments on how far I was from the ball, I can honestly say when I hit it right, it is just as long if not longer than before. Just need to be more consistant but that will come.

I would recommend Artisan .
    I had the same experience. I actually reshafted and I' can't wait to get my driver back. I picked up 5-7 yards with a shorter shaft and right down the center of the fairway more often. Highly, highly recommended.

Gap Wedge w00dy is on a distinguished road
    where is "Artisan" and how much?
    Mike W.
    personal best: 87 @ Falcon Ridge

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Artisan Golf is at 3-215 Terrance Mathews in Kanata. Not sure of the price as I won this at golf tournament as a prize.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by w00dy
    where is "Artisan" and how much?
    I think it was 50 bucks or something like that.

Here's the info

Artisan Golf Co 215 Terence Matthews Crescent, Kanata (613) 592-0524

3 Wood cruxradio is on a distinguished road
    Their website is www.artisangolfco.com

Putter rfg is on a distinguished road
    Anybody experiment with different ball types?

Putter golfnut is on a distinguished road

Just had it done

Quote Originally Posted by scottycameron
    Hey I am interested in going to one of the launch monitors in town to fit my driver with the proper shaft to optimize launch and spin conditions. Just wondered if anyone has done this? If so, where did you go? Artisan? Kevin Haimes? And what were the results..... And anything else you wanna add. Thanks

Cheers.
    Just experienced it at Kevin Haime's place. Fantastic experience. The fellow who did it, Gord Percy, was extremely knowledgeable. I would have never predicted the results with the shaft and the ball.

They have all of the combination of clubs to try and all the shaft types - including all of the new Taylor Made.

I recommend it.

I noticed the address of the other location, Artisan. How can the experience work hitting indoors? Don't you need an idea of where the ball is going?

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by golfnut
    Just experienced it at Kevin Haime's place. Fantastic experience. The fellow who did it, Gord Percy, was extremely knowledgeable. I would have never predicted the results with the shaft and the ball.

They have all of the combination of clubs to try and all the shaft types - including all of the new Taylor Made.

I recommend it.

I noticed the address of the other location, Artisan. How can the experience work hitting indoors? Don't you need an idea of where the ball is going?
    I did it indoors and it turned out perfect. The shaft I was fitted with feels perfect. Hit all but one fairway (when I used my driver) today at the marshes.

I'm happy. I'm sure the outdoor one is great but I didn't want a new driver. I just wanted to be fitted with a new shaft for my driver. I was under the impression that you can only test out your driver and get fitted for some new ones.

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    golftown has a good vector fitting system too, its a little more expensive, but its the most accurate system around, not those simulators....

Thread Information