100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Birdie Hunte

Greetings from The Pontiac

Hello fellow golf fanatics,
    Great to be finally on board. Have lurked for a long time, figured I should finally sign up.I am aquainted with a long time member, Sakuraba. I understand he is making some $$$ on the course so I thought I would check out how he does it.Maybe it's the Renfrew knowledge he's carrying out there.Either way , I look forward to talking to all of you soon.

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Welcome to the site. How are Norway Bay and Pine lodge courses these days? Have they opened yet?

Birdie Hunte
    Hi,
    I played Norway Bay yesterday. it's in great shape.

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Are you full time resident at Britol? We lived there briefly with our folks near Centenial Park (I believe) in early 80's. It's a beautiful place especially in the Summer. I still have fond memories riding my banana seat bicycle along the hills and woods...and the one hour school bus ride to School at Shawville

Are there any accomodations available in the region? Last I heard, a there used to be a hotel along River road but not any more. Would like to revisit with my wife and kids this time around.

Birdie Hunte
    Yes, I live and work in Bristol.I have for almost 40 years. I too went to McDowell and Pontiac High. if you are looking for accommodations, try Pine Lodge.www.pine-lodge.ca

Postaholic mcgoo is on a distinguished road
    Welcome to the forum, didn't know that they knew about golf in Pontiac; thought they only played hockey there all year long. Must be a short season, now I know why Eldred's sort game is so bad.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdie Hunte View Post
    I am aquainted with a long time member, Sakuraba. I understand he is making some $$$ on the course so I thought I would check out how he does it.Maybe it's the Renfrew knowledge he's carrying out there.
    Welcome to the forum BH.... and my sympathies on the 'I am aquainted' thingy
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Ha ha. to know me is to love me Bob.

As far as me making money on the course, I am saying nothing, which is more than I am making if you get my meaning.
    Andrew

Birdie Hunte
    Andrew, I am looking forward to getting a game together some time. I want to see if your Bball skills translate to the course.

3 Wood wboudrea is on a distinguished road wboudrea's Avatar
    Welcome aboard...I am teaching at Pontiak HS for the next month and a bit...we will have to see if we can get out some afternoon. you can show me some courses in the area.
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"-#99

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdie Hunte View Post
    Andrew, I am looking forward to getting a game together some time. I want to see if your Bball skills translate to the course.
    I heard a rumour that he ran out of balls while playing Dragonfly... I guess that could be the golf equivalent of Fouling out.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    I heard a rumour that he ran out of balls while playing Dragonfly... I guess that could be the golf equivalent of Fouling out.
    To be fair, I think I only had 5 balls in the bag to start. To be unfair, I believe I sailed the ball Geronamo lent me on 18 right over the green into the water.

It was akin to fouling out with no points, no rebounds, no blocks or steals, and about 12 turnovers. Not my proudest moment of the season so far.
    Andrew

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    To be fair, I think I only had 5 balls in the bag to start. To be unfair, I believe I sailed the ball Geronamo lent me on 18 right over the green into the water.

It was akin to fouling out with no points, no rebounds, no blocks or steals, and about 12 turnovers. Not my proudest moment of the season so far.
    My wife almost holed 18 last weekend. It rolled it to less than 6"'s to the hole.

Thread Information