CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fitted clubs

Shotmaker acadian is on a distinguished road acadian's Avatar

Fitted clubs

I was wondering if some of you could probably help me out on this ,, it seems obvious , but i want to know how much of a difference getting FITTED clubs for your swing , then simply using a set of irons off the rack from the store.
    Cause i'm into my 5th year now and i love this game like crazzy,, i manage to shoot mid 70's to mid 80's on average , and have seen the odd game near par.
    I'm still using irons i baught 3 years ago from Chuck Browns , a set of Mizuno MP-14 blades wich i love , but i never had them fitted to my swing, everything is off the rack.
    I know there is ALOT of emphasis put on the short game , and i'm still working on that ,hehhe , but will getting fitted clubs improve my consistency enough to maybe lower my scores by a couple shots???? I'm only 5,9 -5,10" so maybe clubs off the rack are for someone taller or shorter i don't know ,,
    Were would anyone recomend going , that have a good reputation of knowing what the heck they are doing ,heheheh
    Thanks ,, appreciate the help

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by acadian
    I was wondering if some of you could probably help me out on this ,, it seems obvious , but i want to know how much of a difference getting FITTED clubs for your swing , then simply using a set of irons off the rack from the store.
    Cause i'm into my 5th year now and i love this game like crazzy,, i manage to shoot mid 70's to mid 80's on average , and have seen the odd game near par.
    I'm still using irons i baught 3 years ago from Chuck Browns , a set of Mizuno MP-14 blades wich i love , but i never had them fitted to my swing, everything is off the rack.
    I know there is ALOT of emphasis put on the short game , and i'm still working on that ,hehhe , but will getting fitted clubs improve my consistency enough to maybe lower my scores by a couple shots???? I'm only 5,9 -5,10" so maybe clubs off the rack are for someone taller or shorter i don't know ,,
    Were would anyone recomend going , that have a good reputation of knowing what the heck they are doing ,heheheh
    Thanks ,, appreciate the help
    Sounds like you are a single digist handicapper. I am in the 10-12 range most of the year. For fitting, try Gord Percy at Kevin Haime's Golf Centre. You could also get fitted by Kevin himself but it costs more (at least it did 2 yrs ago) and you have to tolerate Kevin (see another thread in the Forum on that matter). Gord will be able to deterime the proper lie angle, flex, shaft type (steel, graphite), head type, grip size, length, etc. I had been using off-the-rack clubs until I bought a new set after a fitting with gord. Turns out I had the head type, shaft flex and shaft material OK but needed to change lie angle, length and grip size. The changes corrected a couple of things in my ball flight worth probably a stroke or two a round I would guess.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    I posted a reply to you in the General Golf section.
    Last edited by 1972Apex; 04-26-2004 at 06:42 PM.

Thread Information