CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar

Other Area Courses

Hey Dan,

Just a question, but.... why are there so few of the area courses actually on this site. How do you/they decide who is on and who is not. I'd love to see the rest of the gang here, making it a one stop shop for Ottawa Golf.

I would also love to see a few more updates on the 'What's New' page. Admittedly, I come here a heap more often in the summer than the winter. I don't know how much work is involved, nor whether it's in your interest or not, but I for one would be making a lot more hits here if there were more coverage.

Either way, I recommend this site to all my golfing buddies (addicts), and I appreciate your work.

spidey

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    The courses featured on OttawaGolf pay an annual fee. It is not a lot, but not all courses have opted in. We have 45 out of roughly 85 local public courses featured on the site. I would like nothing more than to see this number rise, but all I can do is keep in touch with the ones that have shown some interest, and encourage them. If you want to see your favoutrite course featured, or involved in the tee time system, please let them know.

Regarding the What's New page; We use this area to inform vidsitors of new features on the site, press releases that are submitted to us and and of course info about new courses and facilities in the area,

The calendar is available for event information. We post many local events, and the public can post event info too.

The mandate of OttawaGolf is to promote golf in the area, not to be a local golf news site. We do cover the Eagle Creek Classic during the event, but that is the exception. For regional golf news, such as results of local events, pick up Flagstick magazine. They do a great job of covering the local competitive scene.

Dan says...
    Regarding the What's New page; We use this area to inform vidsitors of new features on the site, press releases that are submitted to us and and of course info about new courses and facilities in the area
    This is great, Dan.... but of course, I was referring to the fact that I visit this page weekly and I really see very few updates. A few lines here and there about progress at the new places like The Marshes, or the Greensmere would be excellent, pictures would be great too.

Maybe here, you could drop hints about which courses might be considering joining your site, so us 'joe golfers' can prod them over the edge for you.

Perhaps here would be a great place to highlight the stuff area courses are doing to improve their facilities?

spidey

Thumbs up What's new

way to go DAN, buddy!

Love the news on the Greensmere.

Also, the new 'featured course' site for Greensmere is awesome too. I've been wondering about how this place looked.

Bravo,

spidey

Thread Information