100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar

Bending a Rac 56* Help!

For some reason I now have 2 56* rac's... how far can I get one of them bent? any one have experience with this, ideally I would like to get it bent to 59* or 60* can it be done with this particular wedge??? tks

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    It probably could be done. But what are you going to do with a 59* club that now has around 15* of bounce.

i guess ur right, but i think its an 8* bounce, so if i am not mistaken adding 3* of loft would add 3* of bounce, so it would be an 11* bounce...would that be playable?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I had a TM TP Smoke bent from 52 to 50 which decreased the bounce by 2 deg which was fine by me. I think 3-4 is the max I would go. That being said, 11 deg bounce is a fair bit for a 59-60 degree wedge. Personally I wouldn't want that much - unless it was going to be used out of the sand most of the time, but then that is why you have the 56 deg wedge.

btw is it black, chrome, or satin? Not sure I would try bending the black ones.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

its chrome, i have 2 56* wedges, the exact same ones, i dont even know how that happened, so thats why i want to try it out, ill see, i just find a deal on a 60* rac so i might abandoned the re-lofting venture, ahaha

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I had a TM TP Smoke bent from 52 to 50 which decreased the bounce by 2 deg which was fine by me. I think 3-4 is the max I would go. That being said, 11 deg bounce is a fair bit for a 59-60 degree wedge. Personally I wouldn't want that much - unless it was going to be used out of the sand most of the time, but then that is why you have the 56 deg wedge.

btw is it black, chrome, or satin? Not sure I would try bending the black ones.
    The exact situation I was eluding to.

Putter caddie is on a distinguished road
    Sebber,

I would be careful about bending any OEM clubs more than 2 degrees....I agree with the poster that said 3-4 absolute max..only seen one club designed for a bend of more that 4 degrees.

Thread Information