100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

WOW Smugglers Glenn.

My wife and I have been very fortunate to play some great courses in our area and Mt-Tremblant but in my own humble opinion,this is the greatest course i have ever played.Pristine conditions,beautifull lush fairways and greens almost perfect.Cant say enough about the layout and condition of this course.To give you an idea how smooth the fairways are I only took one divot today.Thats it,every shot just pure delight.Played a 84 and will go back again.Again this is just our personal opinion.Sorry for getting so emotional.LOL..

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Its quickly becoming my fav. around.. I think its almost edge Eagle Creek out for me..
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    How long a drive to get there from the 416/417 junction?
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    about an hour and a half
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Mark---I heard they were keeping their Spring rates through May---is that right?
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Brian,there site says untill the 31st of may its 52.73 taxes in.with cart per person.It took us 2 hours from Gatineau and well worth it.Best course for that money right now.Sumer rates are a bit hefty,(90.00)Its too bad its not closer to home.Did I mention GPS also in this price?We needed today because of cart paths only.
    Last edited by Marcos; 04-29-2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Forgot

Shagging Balls DIbit is on a distinguished road DIbit's Avatar

great greens

I played the course this past Monday, and it is great shape. The course is still wet in some spots, as I did have some plugged drives. I played from the tips and if you are driving the ball well you can have a good round. However, if you don't hit the ball straight on some holes, you in deep trouble. The greens are large, quick, and quite hard (like they roll them quite often) but relatively flat. Some people say the course is hard to play, but if you have a good short game you can save par a lot.
    I find the first hole one of the hardest, as it is a 463 yard par 4 and the landing area on is around the 200 yard mark and there is a gully and large rocks on the right. I hard to believe a course like this with all the elevation changes is in Gananoque, as you would think you're at Tremblant.
    The only hole that I'm not sure of is, the 'Gambler' at 259 par 4 12th. It is reachable with a solid 5 wood. Shot a 46-39 85 as I 3 off the tee 3 times.
    Bite, Bite!

Smugglers

We had a few wet spots but still very good.If you are wild off the tee then forget about having a good time.Its a fair course if you play in the fairway(as if i need to say this)but it gets tight a few places and there is no place to bail out.It reminds me of Le Sorcier but 10 times nicer.A lot of elevated tees,so its a bit of a guessing game and it challenges you every shot.I guess thats why we enjoyed it so much.Not one bad hole in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigershot View Post
    I played the course this past Monday, and it is great shape. The course is still wet in some spots, as I did have some plugged drives. I played from the tips and if you are driving the ball well you can have a good round. However, if you don't hit the ball straight on some holes, you in deep trouble. The greens are large, quick, and quite hard (like they roll them quite often) but relatively flat. Some people say the course is hard to play, but if you have a good short game you can save par a lot.
    I find the first hole one of the hardest, as it is a 463 yard par 4 and the landing area on is around the 200 yard mark and there is a gully and large rocks on the right. I hard to believe a course like this with all the elevation changes is in Gananoque, as you would think you're at Tremblant.
    The only hole that I'm not sure of is, the 'Gambler' at 259 par 4 12th. It is reachable with a solid 5 wood. Shot a 46-39 85 as I 3 off the tee 3 times.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    From what everyone is saying I think it's going to be a must play for a lot of folks. We have it with EG plus I have 2 passes AND the spring special is still good. Will call Mark---we can put 4 bags in the Impala-----just too many places to play golf in Ottawa
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Just booked a time for Sunday morning.. Can't wait!

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Do the corporate members out there know if we still get a discount on green fees at Smuggler's?

Shagging Balls Dunny is on a distinguished road Dunny's Avatar
    It is not on the corporate golf website for this year. Maybe not enough people took advantage last year
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Sand Wedge Hipster is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    It is not on the corporate golf website for this year. Maybe not enough people took advantage last year
    It is on the back of the membership card though.

Bogie mikelaurin is on a distinguished road
    we played last sunday the starter said it was 48.50 till the 2nd weekend in june with the golf show coupon from there booth.The best course in the area

It cost us the price of the cart for two,36.00 with our free pass from the Ottawa Golf show.Well worth 53.00 with taxes to play untill the end of may,if you dont have the passes.

Played today.. The course is in awesome shape. Greens are perfect. I didn't enjoy the cart path only though. I could see it on a couple soggy holes but they could have let carts out on most holes. I guess they are prob keeping it in prime shape for the up-comming tourny but there are some long walks from the path. I had to take my bag off and take it with me 4 times.. Mind you I was spraying the driver

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    I played Smugglers again yesterday. It is the best course I have played this season. I also have found it to be the toughest by far. I look forward to playing it again throughout the year.

The negative comment I can make is during my round yesterday, my golf bag became detached from the golf cart which ended up costing me a new five wood (snapped in half when it hit the cart path). I spoke to the attendant at the pro shop, but there was nothing that could be done. I left the club there.

Thread Information