CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

Have I got a story for you....

So I'm sure most of us remember my displeasure with the shipping costs of Canada Post....

Another CP story to share.

I noticed on the TGN site that Jeff Swain, owner of the Swank Golf Shop in Markham, can put a custom finish and paintfill on Studio Select putters. So I decide to send my Select his way to get the Swank spa treatment. Jeff and I chat and agree on the paintfill choices and he gets to work.

What you see next is unbelievable:

April 6th: Jeff ships the putter back my way and provides me with a tracking number.
    April 9th: According to CP online, the package is in Ottawa and out for delivery. I get home from work, no package or notice to pick up. I check online and it says "Package returned and re-directed to recipient's new address". Now this is where the fun starts. I haven't moved since I sent the putter to Jeff's shop, so I haven't put in a Forwarded Mail Request.
    April 14th: "Item processed at postal facility"
    April 16th: "Item processed at postal facility" At this point calls are made and no once can answer our questions. Jeff asks for a trace to be put on the package, he forwards me the case number.
    April 22nd: I get a call from Canada Post regarding case #xxxxx and to call them back. I call them back and leave a message.
    April 23rd: Still no reply from Canada Post, call again and leave another "annoyed" message.
    April 24th morning: Still no reply from Canada Post. I call and ask for a supervisor. I am told package is out for delivery (I check online and it indeed is). Out of curiosity I ask to what address, she tells me an address in Unionville!!!!!!!! After all this time, the package is finally being returned to sender. At this point I get a "bit" mad. I sort it out with the supervisor that Jeff is not to pay for return postage to me, and that they will send it out XPress at their expense. She tells me once Jeff receives it, to immediately re-ship and everything will be taken care of. I relay all this to Jeff.
    April 24th afternoon: Close to closing time for Jeff at his shop, still no item.
    April 27th: Check online, it says at noon on 24th an attempt at delivery was made and a notification card was left at address to notify of where to pick up package. I call Jeff this evening, he hasn't seen anything. And at this point he is getting mad. Call is placed to Canada Post, more "annoyed" message the previous one is left.

Will wait to hear what is going to happen tomorrow!!!! Can you believe this????? It will be a month, by the time I get my putter, if I even do, to get a package from TO to Ott.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Two words my friend... FedEx
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Two words my friend... FedEx
    Not my call, Jeff chose CP. This is the first issue I've had with CP, Jeff as well. But this is ridiculous.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Not my call, Jeff chose CP. This is the first issue I've had with CP, Jeff as well. But this is ridiculous.
    Well I hope it works out for you. Fingers crossed.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    I am happy it is 2 good guys dealing with each other. Geoff and Jeff are credible witness... I would like to hear after it is all finish what Canada Post will say about this one.

I still like Canada Post but this is a bit hard one to take...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    agreed FedEx. Never ever use CP to ship anything of any value or timeframe in mind.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Well I hope it works out for you. Fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    I am happy it is 2 good guys dealing with each other. Geoff and Jeff are credible witness... I would like to hear after it is all finish what Canada Post will say about this one.

I still like Canada Post but this is a bit hard one to take...

I hope it turns out for the best as well. I originally sent it to Jeff when I did because I knew I'd have it back before the season "officially" started. That didn't plan out the way I wanted.

I told Jeff, if they can't resolve it tomorrow to submit the claim with a rush on it, and if the putter eventually turns up we'll deal with it when that time comes. I hate being out my flatstick!!!! And the fact I may never see the finish product really irks me.

My mom sent something up to me in Jan 08 via Xpresspost. a few days later, no package and CP had no record that they ever received it - no one scanned it where she dropped it off. 3 months later it arrived. no explanation, no nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    agreed FedEx. Never ever use CP to ship anything of any value or timeframe in mind.

I think I'm more frustrated with the customer service. The claims agent, who contacted my on the 22nd and with whom I left a message and didn't get back to me until Fri afternoon, only after I had her supervisor email her with a request to contact. And while I was talking to her I suggest she contact Jeff as well to update him. She then tells me to call Jeff. I tell her it's not my job, you have his number and that she should call him. She tells me just to get him to call him. I tell her what if he calls and he gets your voice mail and you don't get back to him until two days later like you did with me??? She then tells me she always calls her customers back!!!! I think that is what set me off. Because I then told her I would call him and get him to call her, and if he leaves a message and you don't get back to him for two days I would personally drive down to the office in TO and she'll have to deal with me in person!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    I think I'm more frustrated with the customer service. The claims agent, who contacted my on the 22nd and with whom I left a message didn't get back to me until Fri afternoon, only after I had her supervisor email her with a request to contact. And while I was talking to her I suggest she contact Jeff as well to update him. She then tells me to call Jeff. I tell her it's not my job, you have his number and that she should call him. She tells me just to get him to call him. I tell her what if he calls and he gets your voice mail and you don't get back to him until two days later like you did with me??? She then tells me she always calls her customers back!!!! I think that is what set me off. Because I then told her I would call him and get him to call her, and if he leaves a message and you don't get back to him for two days I would personally drive down to the office in TO and she'll have to deal with me in person!!!!!
    "Somebody gonna get a hurt REAL BAD!"

Albatross bobjones59 is on a distinguished road bobjones59's Avatar
    That's nothing Geoff, 2 years ago I gave my dad a Vokey Prototype wedge to sell on Ebay and the winning bid was almost $400US. My dad shipped via Canada Post and insured it. A few weeks went by and the winning bidder (who was in the US)contacted my dad wondering why he still hadn't received the wedge. My dad contacted Canada Post and after getting the runaround they told him they could only start an investigation 1 month after his initial complaint. My dad relayed the info to the winning bidder and he was **. After a month still no wedge so my dad had no choice but to send the guy his money back so as not to receive negative feedback. The fella then left my dad positive feedback. He battled with Canada Post for weeks and they just said it was lost and there was nothing he could do about it. They also claimed that he didn't buy the insurance. He had lost the receipt but swears that he paid the extra for the insurance but they claimed that on their copy he had not. To make a long story short, the guy sends my dad a message 3 months after the fact that the wedge finally arrived. He felt that he did not have to send the money or the wedge back and my dad ended up losing the money and any faith in mankind when it comes to dealing with Canada Post or individuals on Ebay. He learned the hard way and now in all his auctions he insists on using UPS if it is an item that has a value of $50 or more.
    If you're not wasted...the day is!

"Somebody gonna get a hurt REAL BAD!"

As far as I know, Jeff spoke with her and agreed he would be refunded for the entire postage.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjones59 View Post
    That's nothing Geoff, 2 years ago I gave my dad a Vokey Prototype wedge to sell on Ebay and the winning bid was almost $400US. My dad shipped via Canada Post and insured it. A few weeks went by and the winning bidder (who was in the US)contacted my dad wondering why he still hadn't received the wedge. My dad contacted Canada Post and after getting the runaround they told him they could only start an investigation 1 month after his initial complaint. My dad relayed the info to the winning bidder and he was **. After a month still no wedge so my dad had no choice but to send the guy his money back so as not to receive negative feedback. The fella then left my dad positive feedback. He battled with Canada Post for weeks and they just said it was lost and there was nothing he could do about it. They also claimed that he didn't buy the insurance. He had lost the receipt but swears that he paid the extra for the insurance but they claimed that on their copy he had not. To make a long story short, the guy sends my dad a message 3 months after the fact that the wedge finally arrived. He felt that he did not have to send the money or the wedge back and my dad ended up losing the money and any faith in mankind when it comes to dealing with Canada Post or individuals on Ebay. He learned the hard way and now in all his auctions he insists on using UPS if it is an item that has a value of $50 or more.

What a jerk!!!! And boo on CP as well.

that's the thing, CP has no customer service, no one gives a crap as far as I have dealt with anyways.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Having been repeatedly annoyed last summer at being unable to do my job (cutting grass) at the CP office on Riverside on account of employees hanging out taking 3 hour cigarette breaks, it doesn't surprise me at all that there's nobody in there actually doing a decent job.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    I can honestly say that over the past 10 years I have shipped literally hundreds of golf clubs within Canada thru Canada Post and never had one get lost or arrive late. In the case of the Southern Ontario shipments I've never had one take more than two days.
    Now that is within Canada only... shipping thru Canada Post to the U.S. is pot luck. They've always arrived, but often late. I blame USPS in those cases.
    You must have a little black cloud hanging over you. I can understand how this could be very
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    At some point with shipping companies, it must just come down to a matter of odds. These companies deal with millions and millions of packages during a year, even if they have a 99.99% success rate, then you're still looking at a stadium full of unsatisfied people.

It's going to happen, they know it, so their main concern should be in making things right and understanding that some of these packages contain items of importance to the sender/receiver. All they really want is a little assurance that they will get their package.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    I've also shipped hundreds of packages via Canada Post without any issues, but...

...you must remember that only courier companies have true package tracking systems. Canada Post has "delivery confirmation" - which is NOT the same as tracking. CP will scan at pickup and again at delivery - they do not necessarily scan between those two events.

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    I've also shipped hundreds of packages via Canada Post without any issues, but...

...you must remember that only courier companies have true package tracking systems. Canada Post has "delivery confirmation" - which is NOT the same as tracking. CP will scan at pickup and again at delivery - they do not necessarily scan between those two events.
    and in my case the forgot to scan it at pickup. Everyone makes mistakes, its how you make up for those mistakes that is the key. CP hasn't a clue.

Par Samick is on a distinguished road
    I'm on my second package in a row!!

First was a driver from Quebec that arrived in Guelph in mear days. Then went out for delivery on the 22nd of Jan....never to be seen again! The depot is 10 minutes from my office where it was to be delivered...how did it get lost from there to here?

Phone calls made but they couldnt answer any of my questions because I wasnt their customer..the sender was. After getting in touch with him in Quebec, he places 2 or 3 calls and finally gets a couple answers..."no, we dont know where it is", and "we dont don't know if it will show up one of these days or not". What kinda crap is that? After a month and a half, we get the claims guy on it...2 weeks go by and I havent heard from him, leave messeges...call back and get customer service to look up the claim to see the status. The claim was CLOSED because he left a messege and an email to the sender and hadnt heard from him.

Long story shortened....I received a refund from the sender and CP was issueing him a refund as well....and the club is still in never-never land.

I have a couple shafts on the way from the US and according to the tracking number, there was a failed delivery attempt on friday at 11:59am. Really?? The entire office was here working and everybody knows me. Customer Service says its probably because my name was on the package...and not the company name...so he probably thought it was the wrong address and left. I was told they will probably attempt again...but if its another 'delivery failure' they will return to sender...and I have two drivers with no shafts. Also, there was no way to leave a note on the 'information sheet' in the system because its not the normal mail carrier that is delivering the package and she did not have the address where it is being delivered from.

I dont know Geoff....might wanna look for another flat stick!

3 Iron Goshawk is on a distinguished road Goshawk's Avatar
    Geoff, keep the firearms in the safe for now bud!!

Hope everything works out.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Looks like I picked a good time to give up 'hoing...
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    You also have to realize that in 90% of cases, the customer service agent is not looking at anything any differently than what you can see with your tracking number on their website. Getting frustrated at the "assistance" you're given isn't making them track the package any faster, unfortunately. And to be honest, doesn't make the person want to work for you any harder to resolve the situation. It's the unfortunate nature of people.

Also, call centre agents only get called by people that are ** or notifying them of problems. I have never been called to say how great a job we're doing, or thank you for getting something done when it was supposed to be done, etc.

And Geoff, you're the customer, you dictate the shipping method! Lay down the law while you can my friend, you're about to get married and lose that "right".

Fally
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by Fallys0820 View Post
    You also have to realize that in 90% of cases, the customer service agent is not looking at anything any differently than what you can see with your tracking number on their website. Getting frustrated at the "assistance" you're given isn't making them track the package any faster, unfortunately. And to be honest, doesn't make the person want to work for you any harder to resolve the situation. It's the unfortunate nature of people.

Also, call centre agents only get called by people that are ** or notifying them of problems. I have never been called to say how great a job we're doing, or thank you for getting something done when it was supposed to be done, etc.

And Geoff, you're the customer, you dictate the shipping method! Lay down the law while you can my friend, you're about to get married and lose that "right".

Fally
    aka Scott

Scott, in some ways you are correct. But if she had returned calls on time (or even at all, I'm still waiting for my return call from the message left yesterday), and at least appeared to be helpful rather than ignoring Jeff and I, I'd be more than willing to place a call to a supervisor stating what great help she has been. Instead, she is going to get a call explaining how upset both Jeff and I have been with their lack of customer service and the incompetance shown throughout this ordeal.

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    My husband has a guy who works for him living in Russia. He asked him to send him a dremmel type thingy. I sent it through CP. It cost quite a bit to send and ended up taking well over a year to arrive.

Thread Information