100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    7 Iron ForeontheFloor is on a distinguished road

Would you donate your balls?

I have always had this idea of putting a barrel or something just off of the 18th green so that golfers could donate there balls after their round. The course could collect the balls and sell them in the club house with some of the money going to charity. Sure it would take some work and you could end up buying your own ball back but it would be for charity. I am not talking all your balls just the one you finished with, one ball a round.
    So my question is would you donate your balls???

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeontheFloor View Post
    I have always had this idea of putting a barrel or something just off of the 18th green so that golfers could donate there balls after their round. The course could collect the balls and sell them in the club house with some of the money going to charity. Sure it would take some work and you could end up buying your own ball back but it would be for charity. I am not talking all your balls just the one you finished with, one ball a round.

Don't know if I'd be willing to donate a ball a round. What if it was a brand new ball on the 18th tee??? I do play almost every day in the summer.

But I'd be willing to donate all the balls I found on the course, provided they are in playable condition.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Absolutely ! A good idea , but instead of buying your ball back , maybe you could collect a good amount and sell in bulk for charity.
    Its just that everyone would have stay around for a bit after their round to "bid for their ball", but i just don't see the majority of people doing that.
    Something else that may work is a draw for that days haul of balls .
    I'd support anything in those areas for sure.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    A bucket that they donate to charity would be a good idea.

I always find several balls on the course that I wouldn't play so I'd just drop those instead of leaving them on the course.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I found three saturday I would of donated as they were all Top Flite 3000's which I don't play. a gerat idea!!!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    Absolutely ! A good idea , but instead of buying your ball back , maybe you could collect a good amount and sell in bulk for charity.
    Its just that everyone would have stay around for a bit after their round to "bid for their ball", but i just don't see the majority of people doing that.
    Something else that may work is a draw for that days haul of balls .
    I'd support anything in those areas for sure.
    You don't wait to buy your ball back, I was just saying that if you bought some of these balls at a later date that there is a chance that you could end up with you ball back.

One idea I have heard is to give the balls to a first tee program or youth program.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I'd be happy to donate my finders to a cause like First Tee. The balls would be used and apreciated. If you try to raise cash I don't think it would generate a lot. First Tee has a chapter in Montreal but that's the only one in Canada.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    I agree with Dan, I'd part with a couple of balls that I find/played during a round to a junior program. The course could also sell the "previously experienced" balls in dozens and get some money for "decent" clubs for juniors, not the hickory shafted rentals some courses have. I'm not suggest they buy the clubs for the juniors, just get some decent sets to keep at the course.

This isn't a bad idea though for sure.

Fally
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    A friend of ours, Andy Christy, of Aylmer, Ont, has a barrel at the course that he is a member of and golfers toss in the balls they find etc. Andy then takes them to various stores in the area and they resell them for him and he gives the proceeds to the Cancer Society. 100% of the money raised goes to fight Cancer. Andy is a Cancer survivour and this is how he shows his appreciation.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeontheFloor View Post
    I think this is a great idea. I would definitely throw in my ball, new or not.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I'd gladly throw in a ball I found on the course that I wouldn't normally play as long as its going to a good cause.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Probably not. If a club TRULY cared they could donate a portion or all of $$$ earned from the multitude of balls they pull from ponds each year then resell to golfers.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I think it's a great idea---I'm sure SOME of the courses would participate
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

All we need now is a corporate sponsor to supply the barrels.

Thread Information