CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jsttaylor View Post
    Played 3 rounds in Cuba. 95, 79, 102. A little high on the 3rd round, very late night the night before, but pretty much my usuall stuff. Double bogeyed the 16th hole during the round of 79. I did have a 320 yard drive on the 2nd par 5 and eagled the hole for my second eagle ever. Nothing like golf in March in 30 degree weather though.
    Thansk for the reminder... played 3 rounds in Acapulco in Feb 79-78-79 - last 2 rounds on tough courses. Then go to Casselview and play 90+

Go figure!!!! Argh

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Scores of 73 and 40 (black 9) don't reflect the quality of the ball striking, my only concern at this point. Normally straight shots have been replaced with a pure draw which is what I have worked on and there is an increased crispness in the iron shots, indicating that the work on the Bertholy exercises is paying off. However, there are still some pukey shots in the bag and the hole seems to be only 2" in diameter this year.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 geronamo is on a distinguished road
    Well let's see....first round I went out and fired a 77. I have recently followed that up with an 87 and a 96. I did play in very windy conditions at stonebridge yesterday so that factors into the score a little, but there is really no excuse for hitting tops/sh**ks and other miscellaneous bad shots. Frustrations are mounting

PS...Stonebridge is too damn hard, even on a calm day
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2007 & 2009 OTTAWA GOLF RYDER CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geronamo View Post
    PS...Stonebridge is too damn hard, even on a calm day
    Just wait until the hay grows in. You wouldn't have cracked 100 yesterday if that was up, but then again I would have been pretty screwed myself.

I'm 3 rounds in as well and at 80, 82, 81 it sounds consistent, but the various parts of my game go up and down like a yo-yo. I haven't yet played in nice weather so I'm not concerned at all, and I figure I should be able to crack 80 pretty easy at Renfrew tomorrow given the forecast.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Team Match Play Champ 2009 geronamo is on a distinguished road
    Perhaps the good old hay would have stopped one of the 8 balls I hit into a water hazard.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2007 & 2009 OTTAWA GOLF RYDER CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

Shagging Balls Dunny is on a distinguished road Dunny's Avatar
    Doing well this year. my handicap at year end was 9.2. This year through 10 rounds it is 6.2. 3 rounds in the 70's helps though (79, 73, 78)
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Bogie mikelaurin is on a distinguished road
    6 rounds in the 80s smugglersglen tomorro ,upper canada sunday,cant get used to my taylormade 60 the new burner irons are sweet also cut 1.5 inches off my driver with no loss of distence

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Anyone else struggling with the start to their season? Six rounds in, and no signs of improvement, actually getting worse.......so frustrating.....

I'd love to hear some stories of great starts to the season....maybe it will inspire me.
    Six rounds already. I’d say that’s a good start. I would love the opportunity to play 6 rounds before May 1st.

Drop the expectations and play. The good scores will come.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I ran out of balls at Dragonfly already this year, & was forced to witness Geronamo's 77 to add insult to injury.

I'm going to thump Hoolio tomorrow, though.
    Andrew

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    OK practiced in the south played 2 here. First game 96---last 88---has been coming down consistantly Will it stay there? Will let you know to-morrow Bought a Big Bertha 3 Heavenwood---should have bought it 2 or 3 years ago.
    Hey---another 88 today---maybe--just maybe
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Shot a 91 today (2nd full round) from the blues at Glenmar , not a great round but i can account for most of my mistakes through just plain bad shots and a bit of rustiness.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Meh. Slow start. My woods are not bad at all. Irons are coming around, as is the short game.

Scoring, well not so much.

The handicap has not moved yet (14.6 factor) BUT I have a couple of better rounds about to drop off so I don't have much time left to get it back in shape.

The pressure is mounting.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    relatively good start to the year, although the scores tend to make my game look better. Through 3 rounds at Greensmere this year, have a 76, 78, 75 but they have been scrappy rounds. Today's round I did hit the ball better, so signs are looking good... soon!

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    For some reason I have no desire to play golf this year. not sure why!? played 9 at Mapleview...played ok...but just didnt want to finish.... Have been asked to go out a few times and just can't seem to want go out and play. by now I can't wait to get out! think im going to take a season off.

Par Samick is on a distinguished road
    Not sure if golf in Feb in florida counts as 'spring golf', but I havent touched a club since. Playing florida at that time the fairways were like hardpan and if you didnt hit the dead center it was bounding like bambi for the first 'gator filled shmag you could find. Still manage two round in the low 80's and one mid 80's...which is as good as could be expected considering the winter rust I guess.

Work is SUPPOSED to slack off after May 5th...so I hope to get the sticks out then.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Go see a doctor. You must have caught something.

If you're going to take the season off, can I borrow your length off the tee?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
    For some reason I have no desire to play golf this year. not sure why!? played 9 at Mapleview...played ok...but just didnt want to finish.... Have been asked to go out a few times and just can't seem to want go out and play. by now I can't wait to get out! think im going to take a season off.

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    I've played 27 total holes, and have been unable to play since due to injury. It looks as though my cracked ribs and sore back will have me out longer than I originally thought. I have been so busy as of late that golf has not been on my mind as much though, which is great. Hopefully I'll be okat for the first NCGT of the year...
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    I haven't yet played in nice weather so I'm not concerned at all, and I figure I should be able to crack 80 pretty easy at Renfrew tomorrow given the forecast.
    I guess I was right... After a rather shakey Dbl-Dbl start and a subsequent 41 on the front, I turned it around and came in with a 34 for a 75. I guess the game is still somewhat there.

What a great day out there, the breeze wasn't much of a factor.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Bogie mikelaurin is on a distinguished road
    44 - 38 at smugglersglen double and a triple on the front 2 birdies on the back, great shape 48.50 with a cart, the best deal in the area they will take the golf show coupons till the 2nd week in june

Postaholic northern33 is on a distinguished road northern33's Avatar
    took my first swings since the end of September at the range today...pleasantly surprised. Normally takes me 2-3 weeks to get back into a groove but for some reason I was swinging great today...kind of scared to go back out

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    Drop the expectations and play. The good scores will come.
    Very sound advice there

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    81 today with 3 doubles... Getting better - starting to get used to the new irons...

3 Wood kilntyme is on a distinguished road kilntyme's Avatar

Talking very optimistic

Well as I mentally prepared all year to make this "the year" my bubble was quickly burst at Emerald Links...typical round for me. However I just purchased new clubs from a member here(awesome)and I hurt my back so bad last year I only played 7 rounds. So Im very optimistic to make massive strides towards low 80's as of now Iam a high 80's player.Making great contact and staying in play for the most part...but the short game Gods are NOT with me yet!!
    I wish you all great golf and a great summer...and if your in the Metcalfe area and looking for a 4th drop me a line.Im a driver and a 6iron the the Metcalfe course.
    Mark
    Mark K

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    I guess I was right... After a rather shakey Dbl-Dbl start and a subsequent 41 on the front, I turned it around and came in with a 34 for a 75. I guess the game is still somewhat there.

What a great day out there, the breeze wasn't much of a factor.
    That was a fairly solid back nine. I managed 46-37, & hoped my back 9 charge was going to get me closer...

My game is coming around now. I blame my crappy front 9 on fiddling with the skycaddie the whole time, 1st time using it.
    Andrew

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quinner View Post
    My first few rounds were slightly above my normal. This time of year I try and get to the range more than I play to fine tune the game and get rust off. I haven't been really able to do that yet this year. My biggest struggle right now is the driver. I have been hitting major slices with it where i normally just push it. It's still April...give it some time.
    I would like to add to my previous statement:

HELP!!! My game is quickly falling apart, April or not I am with the OP and I am starting to get a little frustrated...couldn't break 90 on the weekend. My game feels like it's in shambles right now.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    I"m over 10 rounds now not sure how many lost count already.

I've shot over 100 and under 90... Some days it's amazing some days it's all horrible.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    OK practiced in the south played 2 here. First game 96---last 88---has been coming down consistantly Will it stay there? Will let you know to-morrow Bought a Big Bertha 3 Heavenwood---should have bought it 2 or 3 years ago.
    BB Heavenwood is sweet isn't it. I put it in the bag this year and I often wonder why I still carry a driver...

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Things are shaping up.Fired a 83 yesterday and today a 81.Dont want to jinx myself but my TP R5 driver that i was trying to sell is giving me about 15 to 20 yards more this year.Its a keeper for sure.Going to Smugglers Glenn this week and that will be the test.

Gap Wedge Chadillac is on a distinguished road
    Well so far it's been pretty rough, I hit down and usually take a generous divot mid summer so the soft/wet ground right now is taking a beating from me . The only thing is I have a tail on allot more shots then I remember last year, especially driver, it goes straight then near the end tails off, not quite a full out slice but it's annoying. Aiming left side has kept me ok but not ideal to be accounting for that all the time.

Calabogie
    Round 1: 99
    Round 2 : 104

Greensmere
    Round 3(gold & white): 102
    Round 4(gold & black): 101
    Round 5(gold 9 holes): 45
    Round 6(gold & white) 97

Not too far off my scoring from last year, was low to mid 90's last year with the odd days that everything was going well in the 80's.

I am not hitting the ball as well but I'm just hoping that is getting the swing grooved again, I'm taking an extra club in most areas as I seem to not hit my clubs the distances that I did last summer.

Still having allot of fun though which is what counts

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    It started out with and 80 and it has been creeping up every round I play, now I am in the mid 90's. I hope it turns around soon, not sure I can keep losing all this money to noback...I may have to work past 53 to pay him off....

Thread Information