CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My new/old toy

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar

My new/old toy

For those who were wondering what a vintage Trials motorcycle looked like, here's my new ride. It is a 1976 Yamaha TY175. Was completely rebuilt over the winter by an experienced vintage trials competitor and is ready to enter an event. Cosmetically it is a bit challenged, but it is 33 years old. It was built to ride vintage trials, not to look pretty. I plan to ride it as is at the 3rd round of the Quebec CVMG Vintage Trials Championships on Aug. 1, but we'll see how it goes. If all goes well I'll probably make it look prettier over the winter.

Could not figure out how to post the pic directly into the thread so I have added it to the first reply
    Last edited by 1972Apex; 04-22-2009 at 08:31 PM.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Here's the pic.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Congrats on finding your new toy Reid.... but the pink handle bars look like something Hacker would but on his push cart.....
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar
    I like the handlebars.....please tell me you have the matching jumpsuit with the frills down the arms to go with it.
    "Get your smile on!"

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Congrats on finding your new toy Reid.... but the pink handle bars look like something Hacker would but on his push cart.....
    Wait a second, what's that in your avatar?? Oh yeah, it's a PINK STAFF BAG.........those in glass houses my friend

Thanks guys. Hey, those brand new pink Renthal handlebars are actually the est thing on the bike. Over the next few years pretty much everything below those bars will be replaced or modified

Thread Information