CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar

Going Golfing!!!

Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me. Looks like a threat of thunderstorms, but my buddy and I are going to go play Champlain this afternoon. Hopefully it will be drier than last time, but either way, the main goal is to not get hit by lightning!!!

Anyone else joining me and the Senators today?

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

6 Iron Keithsguy is on a distinguished road Keithsguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me. Looks like a threat of thunderstorms, but my buddy and I are going to go play Champlain this afternoon. Hopefully it will be drier than last time, but either way, the main goal is to not get hit by lightning!!!

Dan
    Trying to get out to Manderly, only if it gets about 10 degrees though....

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    ...going to go play Champlain this afternoon. Hopefully it will be drier than last time, but either way, the main goal is to not get hit by lightning!!!

Bring your wellies - Champlain won't be dry for another 3-4 weeks at least! As for lightning, there's a tree on 16 that I wouldn't mind being rid of...

I'm off to Nation tomorrow morning REALLY early for a round before work. I expect water from the sky, but not too much on the ground.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    Bring your wellies - Champlain won't be dry for another 3-4 weeks at least! As for lightning, there's a tree on 16 that I wouldn't mind being rid of...

I'm off to Nation tomorrow morning REALLY early for a round before work. I expect water from the sky, but not too much on the ground.
    LMK how Nation is playing. Also what the fees are like. We're aiming to play there on Sunday.

Champlain wasn't as bad as I expected. Still a lot of puddles and mushy areas, but overall was a pretty enjoyable experience. Only complaint is that now I've been there twice this season and both times they haven't had the snack shack at 11 open. I NEED MY MUNCHIES!!!!!!!

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Champlain wasn't as bad as I expected. Still a lot of puddles and mushy areas, but overall was a pretty enjoyable experience. Only complaint is that now I've been there twice this season and both times they haven't had the snack shack at 11 open. I NEED MY MUNCHIES!!!!!!!

Dan[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should read the thread "How much time you take between 9's" concerning your munchies
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

7 Wood gumby is on a distinguished road
    played nation on tuesday...course was pretty much dry..there were a few wet spots but nothng much to talk about..greens still had punch marks so putting was fun, and the grass is still pretty brown, but for this time in april when we could still get snow it was pretty good..
    green fees were 24 bucks, or you can pay eith more(32) and get a voucher for a free round good until the end of june...

Lob Wedge TKretzR.V. is on a distinguished road TKretzR.V.'s Avatar
    I can't wait to start drivin' at Rideauview.
    [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkGreen] [B][SIZE=4] Rideauview'04 [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Nation

LMK how Nation is playing. Also what the fees are like. We're aiming to play there on Sunday.
    Teed off at 7:15 and had the whole course to myself. Never saw another soul until I got to the 13th green, and finished in just over 3 hours. Even though it rained last night, the course had NO CASUAL WATER whatsoever, and only a few damp spots. Still a lot of bare patches on the fairways, but that's normal for April. Greens were punched and some of them had bare patches, but they're greening up nicely. Carts were allowed on the course.

My cost was $24. Fees for this weekend are going up to $35, but if you pay regular price ($45), you'll get a coupon for a free weekday round in May or June.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Thread Information