100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

Angry Online Poker Rant!!!!

For those of you that play, need I say more than there are way too many bad poker players out there????

End of rant.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Hey Geoff, it must be the first time I hear somebody complaining about bad players... it should be just the opposite... the more the better. Just easy $$$...lol.
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    I'll assume that this post is based on low-limits no-limit hold 'em. With that assumption in place, yes, you're correct. I've been spurned many a time playing 0.02/0.04, making raises to 0.20 just doesn't have the same threatening move as dropping a 1.00 at a 0.10/0.20 table

That being said, if you do move up to the 0.10/0.20 tables, you will notice a considerable number of donkeys will be weeded out. Not many people will be foolin' around with Q4 offsuit when you're betting 1.00. Unless they are idiots...

Granted, you can't be immune from donkeys as there are fools with money that play online too.

Now, this wouldn't be such an issue for you I'm sure if you weren't trying to pay off your wedding by playing online poker! What site do you play on? Maybe I can log in and make a donation to your wedding fund? Or deplete it!!

Fally
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    Hey Geoff, it must be the first time I hear somebody complaining about bad players... it should be just the opposite... the more the better. Just easy $$$...lol.

Not easy money when they make terrible calls.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by Fallys0820 View Post
    I'll assume that this post is based on low-limits no-limit hold 'em. With that assumption in place, yes, you're correct. I've been spurned many a time playing 0.02/0.04, making raises to 0.20 just doesn't have the same threatening move as dropping a 1.00 at a 0.10/0.20 table

That being said, if you do move up to the 0.10/0.20 tables, you will notice a considerable number of donkeys will be weeded out. Not many people will be foolin' around with Q4 offsuit when you're betting 1.00. Unless they are idiots...

Granted, you can't be immune from donkeys as there are fools with money that play online too.

Now, this wouldn't be such an issue for you I'm sure if you weren't trying to pay off your wedding by playing online poker! What site do you play on? Maybe I can log in and make a donation to your wedding fund? Or deplete it!!

Fally
    aka Scott

Oh I'm well aware of everyone you have mentioned. I did get beat out tonight with a stupid call, but just watching other hands over the last couple of nights just leaves me shaking my head.

I play at Riverstar.....I mean Pokerstars.

7 Iron ForeontheFloor is on a distinguished road
    I total agree, it is impossible to play against guys that will go all in with nothing and fluke a card on the river. They might as well just say all in every hand and hope for the best. How can you read a hand when guys are going in with nothing. I played a live game the other week and one of the guys never folded so wanted to see a flop was a joke because they guy would just raise every time. It takes the strategy out of the game. I don't want to hear that it is good playing on the guys part to get me to fold either because I am just staying away from the guy getting runner runner deuces to make a set of twos to take out my pocket aces.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    play higher limits, the weaker players fold good hands because they are scared and they are not agresive at all. 90% of the time you can guess what they have. I play 10/20 when I play. @ that table, i wan't to play with the people geoff is talking about
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeontheFloor View Post
    It takes the strategy out of the game. I don't want to hear that it is good playing on the guys part to get me to fold either because I am just staying away from the guy getting runner runner deuces to make a set of twos to take out my pocket aces.
    More often than not, these guys are down. If they are up, it's for a very limited time. I have a friend that would be like this with ridiculous cards. He'd identify his need to build a chip stack and would play wicked aggressive trying to get people's blinds. However, if you called him to see the flop and played aggressive after the flop, you could sometimes get him to fold. If he called, you know it was going to be a battle lol.

Just be patient. Most poker books you will read will tell you to only play AA, KK, QQ, JJ, 1010, AK, AQ and pretty much nothing else at low limits. If you expand on your list of playable hands you are going to be gambling a little bit more. When you play at higher limits, you can expand your range of hands because the players are also better and won't call your Aces with 10/7 offsuit.

Fally
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Putter clawg is on a distinguished road
    You guys are being too closed minded. When looking to make profit playing NL cash games there are 3 factors that need to be considered when making your pre flop decision.

1. Do i have a positional advantage?
    2. Do i have a skill advantage?
    3. Do i have card advantage?

Looking at each pre flop situation in this fashion will make your post flop decisions much easier and keep you from being put in marginal decisions.

The biggest mistake most people make is not getting enough value from their hands based on their opponents range.

I average 25bb/100 at .5/.10 on pokerstars by simply following these 3 preflop parameters.

I don't understand why people complain about getting sucked out. You need to embrace this variance, for if it wasn't for variance, crappy players wouldn't win the occasional pot and wouldn't keep chasing losses and redeposit funds.

Remember, if your bluffs are working at a specific table, that won't be a profitable table. you want a table where villains call loosly so you can easily achieve the value needed for long term profits.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I admire your faith in the honesty of online poker sites. I prefer being in the presence of the players against whom I'm betting. There is not as great a likelihood that those players will be up to mischief. As you know, cheating has already been proven to have occurred on a number of online sites, some of which was authored by those who control the sites. Call me sceptical, but I will only play for fun on the Net. Good luck with your games, though.

Thread Information