CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge j-dog is on a distinguished road

Does anybody here use an Adams Tight Lies 16* wood???

The club I'm referring to is the original Adams Tight Lies woods that have a very low profile.

I've been using this 16* wood for the past year or so, and I'm having one heck of a time hitting it out of the first cut or second cut of rough. From the fairway, the club hits long and straight.

When I'm in the rough, I always miss hit the ball.

I thought this club was good for the bad lies. Anybody else have this problem or any experience???

Competitor challengegolf is on a distinguished road challengegolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j-dog
    The club I'm referring to is the original Adams Tight Lies woods that have a very low profile.

I've been using this 16* wood for the past year or so, and I'm having one heck of a time hitting it out of the first cut or second cut of rough. From the fairway, the club hits long and straight.

I thought this club was good for the bad lies. Anybody else have this problem or any experience???
    I had a 3-5-7 woods tight lies and like you I could not hit them out of the first cut or the rough and even in the fairway I was hitting them straight but the distance was not there. I tried my dad's cobra ss fairway woods and hit them straight and long out of any lie so I sold my tight lies and went to golfworks with my dad's cobra ss and chose a head that was really close to his and had them made with the same shaft as his. To buy the cobra ss (now they have the SZ out) it was close to $240.00 plus tax and at golfworks it cost me $121.00 tax included for 1 and both me and my dad tried it out in different lies using 2 balls (1 hit with my new club and 1 hit with the cobra ss) and the results were the same long and straight. The difference is in the shaft and the tight lies face makes you hit under a lot of the time and the pro at my golf club explained to me that the tight lies are made for people having a hard time getting the ball high which is not my problem (I have a very high ball flight).
    Hope it helps.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by j-dog
    Forgive me if I sound like a smart alec, but the "Tight Lies" means that the club is beneficial from tight lies. It's low CG permits you to get the ball airborne from tight lies. However, because their faces are very shallow, hitting good shots from the rough becomes a low percentage shot. In golf, there is always a trade-off. The "Tight Lies" are like the original Orlimar's. Great from bare lies, but lousy from the rough.

Get something with a deeper face, on-set and a V shaped keel.

Lob Wedge j-dog is on a distinguished road
    Ahhh, I am newbie golfer and not up to date on the golf lingo. I assumed "Tight Lies" had something to do with performing in areas other than the fairway. I can hit the Adams quite well from the fairway, unfortunatly, I'm rarely on the fairway and usually in the bushes,rough,sand or water. I still have a 2 iron that I use in those tricky situations, but perhaps I should start looking for a better wood for my bag.

Thanks
    J-Dog.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    A good all around 3 wood for a newbie is the Callaway GBB II. Expensive but amazingly easy to hit from any lie.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Thread Information