CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar

Latest 'Inspired by' putter

Scotty has done a lot of these in the past for Duval, Faxon, Love, Garcia, even a super limited run for Mark O'Meara, but this is the first new one in a while. It's an Inspired By Ryuji Imada and was made in a 500 putter run exclusively for the Japan market. The original is a Del Mar 2 or 3 with a welded neck, and tungsten weights in the face and the IBRI seems like a a Circa 6/7 modified to look like Imada's in 3x black. Not really my style of putter, but I can sure appreciate the work that went into these. I haven't seen a whole lot of welding before on a LE, never mind the weights in the face. Then again I haven't seen an LE list at almost $1400 before either.

Here are some pics:

ibri.jpg ibri1.jpg ibri2.jpg ibri3.jpg

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    Methinks we'll be seeing these at $800 in a couple of years. The market can't support a 500 putter run at $1400 a pop.

The market pays more than that for the holiday napas, it just depends of whether people like these or not. I like this one from a 'collecting' standpoint for the amount of work on it... unique headshape, weights, 3x black finish and a welded neck. Also the headcover is pretty cool. The negative is whether anyone actually likes the look of it. I always thought Imada's putter was very weird looking,

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    He should have released an "inspired by Camillo Villegas" rather than this one. He is an Accushnet staffer. I understand Japan is a huge market for Cameron products but this putter is quite ugly. I've always thought that the two added weights look like they were put in place by a bad clubmaker with a drill press. Further, the markings on the sole and headcover remind me of TP Mills putters...Not sure if the Studio is really heading in the right direction with its latest release. The latest headcovers (Hula, St-Patrick and Best of 08') look pretty bad and when one looks carefully at the Kombi, it reminds me of a Ping CrazE but with just enough changes not to infringe copyrights...

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    The Japanese are golf crazy. Doubly so for stuff that is connected to a Japanese golfer.

Pretty much a guarantee that it will sell out and command a very high resale value.

Scotty must need a new Mercedes or something.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

I think there is talk of both a Camillo and an Adam Scott coming this summer. And Scotty drives a Bentley JV, probably why the price is $1400 compared to previous inspired by putters in the $4-500 range.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I was thinking Mercedes SLR McLaren. You know, for heading down to the 7-11 for chips.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    The market pays more than that for the holiday napas, it just depends of whether people like these or not. I like this one from a 'collecting' standpoint for the amount of work on it... unique headshape, weights, 3x black finish and a welded neck. Also the headcover is pretty cool. The negative is whether anyone actually likes the look of it. I always thought Imada's putter was very weird looking,
    Holiday napas are getting $1200 tops, and that's with a black smoked shaft and a FAR better cover (imho) but they weren't released at $1400.

I'd hate to be the guy who spent that last 2 weeks welding 500 necks onto their respective heads.

This putter is ugly and probably hard to putt with (given RI is the only one out there with this configuration). I'm with jvincent...the Japanese are crazy!

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    When the Japanese are used to paying hundreds of dollars for a round of golf...what's $1400 to them. It would be like us paying $300 for a putter.

Scotty knows his markets...I read somewhere he skipped the Red X4 model and named it Red X5 cause 4 is a bad number in the Asian culture(similar to our number 13).

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    The only good thing about that putter is that it will let me keep my money in my pocket .

lol, Lorne we are on the same page for this one!

Holiday napas only make $1200 these days? Crazy!

I've seen mint gip for $1000 with cover. Tough times for sellers. Great time for me.

Thread Information