100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Caddy beefstuf is on a distinguished road beefstuf's Avatar

Excited - new config

So I wanted to share my excitement with fellow club fanatics. I just purchased a Whiteboard from Toronto Golf Nuts, brand new uncut and it is the 63g model. I also decided to purchase a 2009 Taylormade Burner 9.5 degree head. I am thinking this combo is not going to be as low as I would like, but will reduce some spin and put me further out there.

Very exited to build this biatch!!

p.s. Thanks Saint for offering to install it for a complete stranger. I can bring you a 6 pack of beer along with the 10 bucks!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beefstuf View Post
    So I wanted to share my excitement with fellow club fanatics. I just purchased a Whiteboard from Toronto Golf Nuts, brand new uncut and it is the 63g model. I also decided to purchase a 2009 Taylormade Burner 9.5 degree head. I am thinking this combo is not going to be as low as I would like, but will reduce some spin and put me further out there.

Very exited to build this biatch!!

p.s. Thanks Saint for offering to install it for a complete stranger. I can bring you a 6 pack of beer along with the 10 bucks!
    Just make sure he assembles the club before he drinks the beer.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Good point, I dont want to happen what happened to Barkley on the driving range when the head goes flying further than the ball.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    You don't think this combo is going to be as low as you'd like???? I think you're going to be in for a big surprise. I've heard stories of people trying a Whiteboard to bring down their ball flight and not being able to get the ball in the air. It's a very, very low launching shaft. Good luck with it, hope it works for you.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Stellaaaaa!!!!
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Ya that was my thought as well...I was playing the V2 and wanted a bit more feel. I got the TM head because it is a higher launching head....I dont think I will have a hard time loading the shaft and hope the ball flight is like a fighter jet. I am super excited to try this combo out! I want to hit knock downs through the ball retrivieving cart, not at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    You don't think this combo is going to be as low as you'd like???? I think you're going to be in for a big surprise. I've heard stories of people trying a Whiteboard to bring down their ball flight and not being able to get the ball in the air. It's a very, very low launching shaft. Good luck with it, hope it works for you.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    The V2 and the Whiteboard couldn't be any more different in terms of feel or performance. The Whiteboard is incredibly low launching.

Wow I am kind of regretting posting my excitement. Besides no one has seen how high I hit the ball and have demo'd this shaft on the Rapture. Was launching at 13.5 - 14 and not my usual 15*.

All these naysayers....feel like I am talking to my father!

Wow I am kind of regretting posting my excitement. Besides no one has seen how high I hit the ball and have demo'd this shaft on the Rapture. Was launching at 13.5 - 14 and not my usual 15*.

All these naysayers....feel like I am talking to my father!

We're not naysayers, we're just forewarning you. But seriously, 13-15* is a great launch angle if your spin is where it should be. But I always get a kick out of amateurs that complain of hitting the ball too high. In most cases, they've never been to a pro tourney and watched how high they hit the ball. In most cases, height is your friend.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

I know...just playing around a bit. But to be honest they do hit the ball high, I agree with that. When I say lowering the ball flight, I needed a high kick, firm shaft. Either way once I put the thing together the truth will reveal all....

Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    We're not naysayers, we're just forewarning you. But seriously, 13-15* is a great launch angle if your spin is where it should be. But I always get a kick out of amateurs that complain of hitting the ball too high. In most cases, they've never been to a pro tourney and watched how high they hit the ball. In most cases, height is your friend.

Putter Rough Ranger is on a distinguished road
    This will be a great combo. If it does not work, PM me!

So how did the new set up work?

I dont think the ball has come down yet....I hit it off the tee this morning at 10:34. I will say I love the feel of this shaft and the ball flight it produces. I have gained more yardage as a result and this combo is long, long , long. Wait I think my ball is coming down now

I dont think the ball has come down yet....I hit it off the tee this morning at 10:34. I will say I love the feel of this shaft and the ball flight it produces. I have gained more yardage as a result and this combo is long, long , long. Wait I think my ball is coming down now
    Glad to hear it's working for you.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Burner heads are great for lower flight!! I just shafted my Tour Burner TP with an Accra T70 Stiff and I can't wait to try it on the course. Hit a small bucket of balls with it today and they were SWEEEEET

Hybrid Bravesox is on a distinguished road Bravesox's Avatar
    i had the 09 Burner head too...with a whiteboard i cant imagine the ball ever ballooning. You might be more concerned with lack of spin with that combo

Thread Information