CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar

Headcovers for GCB Max clubs

Here is my issue.

I bought the R7 CGB Max Driver, 3,5 & 7 woods at GT. The driver head cover is a great magnetic headcover that goes on and comes off real easy... the small TM grey headcovers for the 3,5 & 7 are all the same size and almost impossible to put on the 3 wood, difficult to put on the 5 wood but they fit the 7 just great. When I asked the 'salesman' he said thats what comes with them sorry. (but then again he also told me there were extra weights that came with the driver and there weren't)

So, today I happen to be delivering a club that someone purchased from me in the parkling lot of GT and low and behold, I decide to go into GT for a little look around The R7 CGB Max Hybrids started to call me over so what do I do, pick up the 25° hybrid Now when the 'salesman' goes to the back to get the headcover, he comes back with the exact same cover and it doesn't fit well on the hybrid at all.... waaaaay to big. To make things worse, it is identicle to the 5 wood headcover so I ask him how am I supposed to tell them apart when I go to pull it from the bag? He says well just switch the number on it to an X... Well, thats what is used for the 7 wood.... he then said sorry..

A little bit more of a chat and he said that the only CGB Max clubs that have different headcovers (magnetic) are the driver and 3 wood... Huh, just a minute back up here, you guys gave me a sock type cover for the 3 wood. He says just a sec, I will check and he heads off and comes back and says nope sorry, the only one that is different is the drive (as I expected).

Would anyone out htere have CGB Max woods and know first hand what the head covers are like?
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I have 3 wood CGB h/c but I am pretty sure it has the spinning dial which allows me to select 3/5/7/x on it.....I just bought the cover last year in MB since I have TM200 3 wood that had no cover and I liked the magnetic cover....
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I have 3 wood CGB h/c but I am pretty sure it has the spinning dial which allows me to select 3/5/7/x on it.....I just bought the cover last year in MB since I have TM200 3 wood that had no cover and I liked the magnetic cover....
    So the 3 wood headcover is a magnetic H/C????

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    ya it is magnetic...that is why i bought it. but it was in a bin of covers and it fits nicely on my 3 wood. I would guess that since it has a TS (tour spoon), 3, 5, 7, X on it that it could be used for any woods and not hybrids.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    ya it is magnetic...that is why i bought it. but it was in a bin of covers and it fits nicely on my 3 wood. I would guess that since it has a TS (tour spoon), 3, 5, 7, X on it that it could be used for any woods and not hybrids.
    Thanks Jeff

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    If you are stuck you could try rummaging around the sock drawer to find something suitable.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    If you are stuck you could try rummaging around the sock drawer to find something suitable.
    I sent off an email to TaylorMade to see if what I got was the proper type (copied GT's Head Office.... if necessary I will go buy some generic H/C's that fit at Nevada Bob's.... and my other hybrid and my clic gear 2.0 and anything else I end up buying ..... its silly for GT to give a stupid response like that. (They save a few bucks when I spent about $3000 there in the past 2 1/2 months)

I guess complaining by email is more effective than complaining in person (or they looked at my Leaderboard activity and realized I drop some significant coin in there).

Received a very nice response from Golf Town a few minutes ago and this was one of the paragraphs in it.....

With regard to your headcover situation, I do apologize for the confusion. Each driver, fairway wood and hybrid come with headcovers that are specific to the club. The CGB woods have magnetic headcovers, the burners have slide-ons, and the hybrid headcovers are smaller than the fairway headcovers. I hope you will give me the opportunity to correct your headcover situation and to make sure you have the right covers on your clubs.

The rest of the message was mostly PR and accepting the blame.

All I wanted is what I paid for and it now looks like that will happen.

Thank you GolfTown (and TaylorMade if they got involved).

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Well done Indio

BTW - would you like some cheese with all that whine???

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    I guess complaining by email is more effective than complaining in person (or they looked at my Leaderboard activity and realized I drop some significant coin in there).

Received a very nice response from Golf Town a few minutes ago and this was one of the paragraphs in it.....

With regard to your headcover situation, I do apologize for the confusion. Each driver, fairway wood and hybrid come with headcovers that are specific to the club. The CGB woods have magnetic headcovers, the burners have slide-ons, and the hybrid headcovers are smaller than the fairway headcovers. I hope you will give me the opportunity to correct your headcover situation and to make sure you have the right covers on your clubs.

The rest of the message was mostly PR and accepting the blame.

All I wanted is what I paid for and it now looks like that will happen.

Thank you GolfTown (and TaylorMade if they got involved).

Lee the General Manager made everything right. I had been given all Hybrid headcovers, he gave me the magnetinc head covers

Thanks Lee

Thread Information