CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar
    88 today .. with 5 pars and 1 birdie.
    my iron play is improved substantially. Next lesson I really need to work on driver as the holes I had high scores on today was due to bad drives.
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Congrats!!! I hope to be shooting that score soon if I can just figure out the short game from 50 yards in!!

well... I've played 2 more rounds since i've updated this.
    1st one was at Raceview.. it was just meant to be a 9 hole practice round to work on my irons.. turned into a full 18 as it was empty on thursday night and beautiful out.
    played pretty well.. 87 with 5 pars and another birdie..left a lot of shots out there with missed putts.. but I blame most of that on the very bumpy greens.

Here we go... Cassleview - saturday... I need to go back to see Marc. OUCH... 102. The back 9 i double bogied 8 of the 9 holes.. on the 18th I posted a 9 on the par 4... ugh. I couldn't hit my irons, couldn't chip and couldn't putt. The only thing I could take out of that round was that I probably hit all but 1 of the fairways. I was driving the ball really well.

Back to see Marc on wednesday and then I'm sure I'll get a round or 2 in next weekend. Will update again.
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Played yesterday, hadn't been to the driving range from my second lesson that was on Thursday. Marc changed my grip and I was hooking everything. Before the grip change I was hitting the irons pretty straight. I must say though, those who have seen my stance and swing before are now impressed. Just have to get to the range again. Short game is still my problem.

Scott

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I am glad your being patient Scott, I did a swing change 4 years ago in the winter months and when I got on the course in the spring it was an adventure. It has been worth while and I am sure you will benefit greatly in the end.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Haven't updated in awhile because...well..frankly I haven't been able to play a lot of golf as the honey-do list started to creep up on me.

I did get out for 1 round on saturday which unfortunitly got rained out after 9 at Manderley (Central). The worst part was that I was playing very well. I shot a 43 on the front 9 with a 7 on #5 which I pysched myself into shooting because I am affraid of that hole. So being only 4 over par on 8 of the 9 holes I was feeling very good about my game.

As for my distance coming back, I hit a 5 iron on #2 (158yds) and was on the back fringe. So I am basically back to where I was before.

I see Marc again on Wednesday afternoon, and again the week after that for my last 2 lessons.
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

9 Iron Hoss29 is on a distinguished road Hoss29's Avatar
    Am having my first in a set of lessons this evening with Joe Dubinski at 19th Tee (avg score 105)...... I was a great skiier and took some lessons once for a week and couldnt ski or race comfortably for the rest of the year !!!! LOL ... lets hope that doesnt happen .... anyone have any comments or recs on Joe
    thanks
    J

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    My wife and I have taken lessons quite a few times to work on specific problems through the years.We learned a lot about the golf swing and how to establish a routine and set up etc...Now I am not knocking the fine CPGA folks in our area but I have learned more with good golfers and my son who has a good understanding of what we should be doing in our swing than all of them put together.I tend to play with a lot of golfers who have played the game for a long time and they offer another side of things.You cant teach feel.My wife was struggling with distance for years and My son had her regrip the club to release it easier.She gained about 15 to 20 yards.No pro has ever looked at her grip but focussed more on upper extension etc...Another gentleman we play with showed me a putting grip that actually works and makes me putt better.He is only been playing for 52 years.Hummmm.Like I said lessons are good and essential but you dont spend a lot of time with them and they cant show you all the techniques in 3 hours.Sometimes good common sense goes a long way.Just my opinion for what its worth.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    I had my fist lesson tonight with Marc at Mer Bleu..... He found so many 'Little' faults with my setup that it may take 25 years to fix

Actually after about 5 swings he had me hitting the ball where I was aiming... its funny, I thought I was aiming at the target I had picked but I was actually aiming about 20 to 30 yards left of it! And I thought I was pulling the ball all the time, damned it was going where I was aiming it!

Its interesting, all the things I thought I was doing wrong, I wasn't... the few things I thought I was doing right, I wasn't.... so we will work on those few things...

Marc is a very patient man and doesn't get frustrated at all, he explains things in simple terms and doesn't get caught up in the technical crap....... a pleasure to listen to
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Driver dreaded_snowman is on a distinguished road dreaded_snowman's Avatar
    I have also hooked up with Marc Lacombe at Golftown. I had my first lesson with him this morning and was thoroughly impressed. Worked on stance and takeaway (as I expected). It was a fantastic experience, I look forward to working on the drills provided and working with Marc again.

Marc was straightforward and frank about what was working and not working in my setup/stance/swing, and provided me with good feedback in terms of small changes to what I was already doing, rather than a radical change or too many changes at once.

I will update this thread with the other folks to indicate how things are progressing...

Rob (snowman)

Driver dreaded_snowman is on a distinguished road dreaded_snowman's Avatar
    Bwah. Took the new swing/stance to the course today, and sliced like a mad butcher with a tube of bologna, cackling wildly as I went. I now have a very cut swing, gotta figure out why....

Pitching Wedge PANTUSOS is on a distinguished road PANTUSOS's Avatar
    Get Paul Wilsonl's DVD Swing machine golf and learn yourself. Paul does a great job on the DVD disecting the entire swing. You can watch it over and over again.
    Google Swing Machine Golf His name again is Paul Wilson
    CHICO

4 of 5 lessons complete.

distance back 100%... 7 iron is 150 yards again and feeling really confident.
    shot an 88 today at meadows (42/46 east/north).

Hit 8 greens in regulation and had 7 pars, so the putter let me down a little bit today.

only have Marc to thank. Last lesson this wednesday afternoon
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

Thread Information