100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    8 Iron afulton is on a distinguished road

Launch Analysis Session - KH Golf Center

I need to upgrade my driver this year and am curious if any forum members have tried this?
    Has it helped?
    Did you end up buying a different driver? Did you have the right driver?
    Any general thought.
    Thanks

Albatross Smoothie is on a distinguished road Smoothie's Avatar
    I did this last year. Thought it was great, the fitter uses the LM outside of course. You can see ball flight, as well as view it on the monitor. The fitter has you try the various shafts with head and loft combinations to narrow you down to only a few. For me, I knew I was going to buy a new driver anyways, so it worked out well.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    I am interested in getting on a Launch Monitor this summer to see if the shaft I have in my driver is right for me. I have a FT-9 IMIX so it will be easy to change the shaft if need be.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I am also considerimg getting fitted properly for loft,shaft and also what type of ball.Anyone been to Artisan Golf for this?Would you recommend somebody else?
    Thanks

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I went to Don a few years ago and it was a great experience and since I bought a shaft and install from him I didn'y have to pay for the LM session.

3 Iron Jason Munro is on a distinguished road
    For a free launch monitor try Nevada Bobs, I recommend the one in Orleans. I believe the mans name is Bob Irvine. He really knows his stuff and is a really nice guy. They are restricted with clubs/shafts but for free it really helps doing driver comparisons and by using a system similar to the Trackman the results are bang on.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Ask Reza about KH and his session. He purchased the shaft that was recommended but I think he did not get the results he had anticipated.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    Once problem I see with fittings is the inconsistencies in equipment due to manufacturing tolerances. This is were a good club maker helps as they will do more than just match the shaft. They will attempt to match the swing characteristics of the club you demo'd in terms of frequency, swing weight, loft, etc. It seems to be a very common problem of people liking a demo but then finding the club they bought which was the exact same model not play the same.
    I don't have an ulcer - I am just a carrier.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Wouldnt' the consistency of one's swing be a huge factor here????

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Your right hacker, if your swing changes from game day to session and you are under no pressure and swinging free at the fitting session then I would say it can impact for sure. Usually if the fitter also sees your iron swing and then does the driver chances are that they will be pretty consistent. I was fitted at KH centre but by Callaway and then visited the Callaway centre in Mtl and the results were identical. i was not implying that KH made a mistake, I am just saying that he could comment better on his own results from that fitting.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    The launch monitor provides numbers for the clubmaker to work with. That's all it is used for in the fitting.The numbers you need are swingspeed, ball speed, launch angle, and to a lesser degree,spin rate. Spin rate has a marginal affect on distance because to squeeze an extra 2 or 3 yrd. of carry, the spin rate would have to drop so significantly, that the only way to achieve this would be to decrease the loft substancially wich would add more side spin and would dramaticlly affect the the required loft to maximize ones launch angle.

Your launch angle is a measured when it leaves the clubface, not to be confused with trajectory. Launch angle is a product of; swingspeed, angle of attack, and loft at impact. Mostly all drivers (because some do not ) have vertical roll on the face. The corespnding loft number on the bottom of the driver is at the geometric center of the face, +/- 1 degree for manufacturing tolerances, so your 10* could be 9* or 11* in the center. The verticall roll affect on the face can be as high as 3* at the top and bottom of the face. So were you mostly make contact, wether it be above or below the center, significantly affects your loft at impact.

Worth mentioning is the affect of the shaft. The velocity of ones swing will determine the amount of affect the shaft will have on the launch angle. The most that can be expected in terms of added degrees to the launch angle is 2* and change. The shaft affects the trajectory based on ones ball velocity far more than the launch angle.

Other fitting parameters include static weight and lenght wich I beleive to be crucial.

So there is a small peek in to what should be assesed for a driver fitting.

3 Iron Jason Munro is on a distinguished road
    Great post downhillslider.

Thread Information