CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    5 Wood Grabster is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Crap, really? Did you at least get 18 bucks worth of fun out of Pineview? I just booked it for Sunday. Mountain Creek on Saturday.
    My only big issue was with the greens.
    They are mostly just roots and sand.
    There might have been 1 green out of 18 that I would say was 'puttable'.

But yes, it was worth $18. Still had fun.

1 Iron dmr is on a distinguished road dmr's Avatar
    Has anyone played Hammond this year yet?

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Hammond opens on the 25th I believe.

1 Iron dmr is on a distinguished road dmr's Avatar
    You're right, it opens on the 25th - I could have sworn I saw it on the EG LMC list several days ago - my eyes and brains don't seem to coordinate very well these days.

Lob Wedge MRF is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dmr View Post
    Has anyone played Hammond this year yet?
    I'm playing Hammond this Saturday. I've heard a rumor that they may have some temp. greens. Let's hope not though.

Shagging Balls Dunny is on a distinguished road Dunny's Avatar
    Hammond must be having some sort of problems to be opening this late. Hopefully nothing too bad. I love that course!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Lob Wedge MRF is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Hammond must be having some sort of problems to be opening this late. Hopefully nothing too bad. I love that course!
    I actually just got off the phone with the course and they are going to have FIVE temp. greens this Saturday.

Shagging Balls Dunny is on a distinguished road Dunny's Avatar
    That's sad to hear. Hope they aren't dead or anything like Renfrew in 1999.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

2 Iron Golfy Kid is on a distinguished road Golfy Kid's Avatar
    How's the condition at Pineview ?
    I'll probably play this Sunday around noon.
    If your golf swings feels natural you're doing it wrong

Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfy Kid View Post
    How's the condition at Pineview ?
    I'll probably play this Sunday around noon.
    Please review previous posts. There have been a couple of reviews of pineview.
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

3 Iron Longball is on a distinguished road Longball's Avatar

Cedar Hill

Anyone play Cedar Hill yet?

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Play Outaouais today and they had lots of people out cleaning up the course, but it is in great shape. Very Very few wet spots which should all be dried up this weekend given the forecast. Greens are in excellent shape and the fastest I've played this year even though it looks like they have a little seed down.

I also looked back over the last couple pages and took the comments on other playing conditions and the day it was posted ! Enjoy !

April 20, 2009 - Played Metcalfe today---greens a little shaggy--some fairways a little rough---but this is only the 20th of April---lets not be greedy We definitly need some heat and a little rain. Oh yes----new Tee and new green on 17---what a difference--also looks like a lot of clean-up along some of the fence lines

April 20, 2009 - Casselview - In decent shape and quite dried up. Greens are in good shape, but obviously not running at summer speed. One big change is on #9 Par 5 - they cut down the tree in the layup area, before the creek. It a good drive to the top edge of the mound as decided to go for it. However, I over cut a hybrid to the right trees.

April 20, 2009 - Meadows was alright. Greens not the hottest but to be expected. Best greens I've seen so far are some at Metcalfe (back 9) and some at Manderly.

April 20, 2009 - Stonebridge was decent for this time of year. Greens are in good shape. Fairway was good enough for April. I liked the cut low rough as I was able to find my mis (something that will be a lost cause in a month).
    Overall, good but not worth the rates they are charging.
    Pineview. Well, I was taught to say nothing if I don't have something good to say.
    But since I have to post something.... The ball cleaners were filled up with water and soap. That is about it.

April 19, 2009 - Played EL today. Pretty dry. Some brown spots on the fairway but was in pretty good condition. West course had a couple of greens that were pretty brown.

April 18, 2009 - Stonebridge today and I thought the conditions were as good as could possibly be expected for this time of year. Yes, the grass in the fairways was dead in (many) places, but they played exactly the same way they would have in mid-summer IMHO. As for the greens, I thought they might have been a little slower than normal... but I wouldn't call them shaggy by any means. I didn't have a single putt where I felt the conditions of the greens hurt me.

April 18, 2009 - Tecumseh. Super dry plus fairways have been cut. Greens are AAA. Late May condition very impressive. Greens have been verticut twice plus regular cut three time. Awesome condition.

April 18, 2009 - Marshes.....course was bone dry, not a damp area to be found. Green still have punch holes from last fall, but rolled pretty true albeit slow. Over all very good condition for this time of year. Only draw back was that the GPS system in the carts wasn't working. Can't complain though, they had a spring special on for $65

April 18, 2009 - I played Cloverdale on Thursday. The first, second and fourth fairways were soft and wet, however the rest of the course was pretty dry. The greens were slow, but true. Caution: The entire course has been punched.
    On Friday I played Cedar Glen. The old nine was very damp, however the back nine (new nine) was dry and quite playable. The sand traps are very firm and hard to recover from (I managed to find three of them). The greens were very brown which caused some quick puts if you were left above the hole. Overall, both courses were decent, however I would expect that given a week, things will be much better.

1 Iron Daft_driver is on a distinguished road
    Any Arnprior feedback?

9 Iron joceber is on a distinguished road
    How dry is Edelweiss ?
    I know with all the rain this week.
    |>
    Hole in one... ----------@,,,,,,,,,,,__|,,,,,,,,,, 07/06/14

Need a Caddy solstrum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Daft_driver View Post
    Any Arnprior feedback?
    Played it yesterday ( just opened) Other than the recent rain, the course is very dry. Carts were allowed in the rough only but that will change quickly!

The greens are very healthy, a little slow(as to be expected) and were airifed late so a little bumpy but overall very healthy and greening up nicely.

The fairways are mint and the bunkers are all prepped and in play.

overall probably the best conditions I have seen it open in 8 years!
    they removed a lot of trees around 4 or 5 greens to help promote growth and they are starting to level those areas out!

overall its worth the trip!

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    hammond opened today, a few temp greens but the rest will be tip top shape in a few weeks, they are heavily discounted right now, Being a member i wont complain on the condition, just happy my home course is open!!!

Albatross Smoothie is on a distinguished road Smoothie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solstrum View Post
    Played it yesterday ( just opened) Other than the recent rain, the course is very dry. Carts were allowed in the rough only but that will change quickly!

The greens are very healthy, a little slow(as to be expected) and were airifed late so a little bumpy but overall very healthy and greening up nicely.

The fairways are mint and the bunkers are all prepped and in play.

overall probably the best conditions I have seen it open in 8 years!
    they removed a lot of trees around 4 or 5 greens to help promote growth and they are starting to level those areas out!

overall its worth the trip!
    Thanks for the info!!
    Playing there tomorrow!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Casselview for this time of the year---great!!! Not only did they cut the maple on #9 they cut about 4 of the large ash trees on 18th------makes a huge difference Greens a little slow but lets not be too pickey
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Outaouais, very nice, very dry, speedy, speedy greens
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Glenmar was decent , a big soggy in a few places , greens recently punched and obviously bumpy , should be in good shape in a week or two.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    Cedarhill has 3 temp greens... couple of greens were nice others are ok for April. I will probably go back in couple of weeks.

6 Iron duffer8 is on a distinguished road

Larrimac

On April 24 Larrimac was very good for May, excellent for this only being April! Greens were fantastic. (especially in contrast to Canadian a week ago) Fairways were freshly cut and looking sweet. Ahh, I love the smell of fresh cut grass. There is considerable work and some dry grass on the 5th fairway but that's okay, I managed to miss it completely by shanking the tee shot . C'est la vie. If I could go back to play it again tomorrow, I would in a heartbeat!

5 Iron Seak69 is on a distinguished road Seak69's Avatar
    As of Wednesday, the gps was not running yet at the marshes...and played Hammond for the first time,this course should not be open as far as I am concerned,they had alot of temporary greens

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    I played Smuggler's Glen for the first time on Thursday. The course was a little wet in areas, but overall was in very good shape. I would consider the price ($39.99/person) for 18 and cart to be one of the best deals in the area. Promotion runs through May 31. I will play this course at least twice more during the month of May. Surprisingly, the course was not busy at all. In fact my girlfriend and I played in under four hours and did not have to wait until the 17th fairway. Playing from the back tees was a mistake this time of year and my score was awful (90!), but I had a great day!

Yesterday my girlfriend and I played Casselview. Casselview is currently offering a gift certificate of $15 per person pending the purchase of 18 holes and golf cart. The course was nearly void of any wet areas on the fairways and in decent condition given the time of year. This was the first time I played the course. It was very busy and our round extended beyond five hours and fifteen minutes, but given the nice weather and time of day (teed off at 12:48) I was not complaining. I bogeyed the last three holes for a 78.

I am trying Metcalfe next week (second time) and have yet to decide on where else to go mid week. I will post further reviews at that time.

Enjoy

3 Iron Gray1512 is on a distinguished road

Anderson Links

Played Anderson Links this morning. Course seemed to be playing a little short, but was in excellent condition.

Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar
    Mountain creek today - 1 temp green.. and 1 green which should have a temp green as more than half of the green is covered with a tarp and the pin is at the back 3rd of it.. wierd.

Lots of dead spots on the fairways and the greens are pretty bumpy. But a good price, well worth it.
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

5 Wood hx101 is on a distinguished road
    Manderley was not worth the the money... They might want to add some real sand, but that's typical of that place.....
    Last edited by Kilroy; 04-26-2009 at 06:00 AM.

3 Wood kilntyme is on a distinguished road kilntyme's Avatar

Emerald Links/Anderson Links

As of last Thursday Emerald was in very poor shape.....greens were really bad and the fairways were worse.
    I played Anderson Links this past Thursday and it was in great shape...greens were actually green and the fairways were good a few wet spots yet but all in all good.
    I was dissapointed at Emerald ...they charged full price and the course is no were near ready!!
    Mark K

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Did you go back and ask for a rebate? POOR spring conditions deserve matching prices
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road

Chateau Cartier ???

Anyone been there yet ???

Thread Information