Closed Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    Just got back from 9 holes at Marchwood (Marshes 9-hole Par 3 course) which opened today. The place is tinder-dry. Tees were in good shape, but brown. Greens were very good for this time of year and some were reasonably green.

I figured they wouldn't be letting power carts on the fairways on the Marshes, but one of the employees there said the course is super dry and they are fighting to get their irrigation system on-line.
    Sweet, I'm playing the main course on Saturday

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Played our home course today,Buckingham,9 holes open only.Greens were good and fairways nice and dry.They will open the back next weekend weather permitting.

Postaholic mcgoo is on a distinguished road
    Played LeSorcier today. ground is still frozen, greens; need a driver swing for a ten foot putt, no yardage markers up yet; angry because I shot a 97.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Went and played................Bearbrook. Was really surprised--the owner's son was working the shop---"grumpy" is gone---very pleasant fellow. The course was surprisingly dry. There is obviously some work going on. Greens had some winter damage--some had been cut. I have no right to complain for 12.00. Apparently there are 4 very interested parties interested.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    So Bearbrook is open now? It doesn't say so on the CG site, nor here. Hmmmmm
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    The most important course update for me , opening dates:

Kanata April 22
    Greyhawk April 22
    Hautes Plaines April 24
    Eagle Creek April 24

Plus I am glad Greensmere is in good shape since I am playing there tomorrow.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Played my home course, Copperdale, today. Overall I was quite surprised. It wintered well. Some greens were actually green. Still some aerations holes present, but in general greens were a little slow and a tad bumpy. Still some wet/soggy/softer spots in the lower areas, but that is always expected at this course.

But I can't wait to get out a few more times before I head to Kingston next week for some training.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    played Stonebridge this aft. Overall, in decent shape, still pretty brown, a few wet spots in the usual spots. Greens are decent, a little slow as expected. Not sure I would pay full price to play it now but the twilight price is worth it.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Bouche
    Pineview looked busy yesterday. Hopefully I will get out there tomorrow wheather permitting.
    Last edited by Bouche; 04-21-2009 at 05:18 PM.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    I played Cloverdale on Thursday. The first, second and fourth fairways were soft and wet, however the rest of the course was pretty dry. The greens were slow, but true. Caution: The entire course has been punched.

On Friday I played Cedar Glen. The old nine was very damp, however the back nine (new nine) was dry and quite playable. The sand traps are very firm and hard to recover from (I managed to find three of them). The greens were very brown which caused some quick puts if you were left above the hole. Overall, both courses were decent, however I would expect that given a week, things will be much better.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foddz View Post
    Greensmere's in good shape. Everything's greening up nicely save for a couple of greens that had ice damage. All the fairways, and most of the greens have been cut and are running fast (for this time of the year) and smooth. I actually felt like I was putting for the first time this year
    Agreed, played there yesterday and the greens are surprisingly quick. Overall the course is in pretty good shape; just needs some more warm weather and rain...but then what course doesn't right now.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Played the Marshes today with Indio, Bigdoggie and Rezadue.....course was bone dry, not a damp area to be found. Green still have punch holes from last fall, but rolled pretty true albeit slow. Over all very good condition for this time of year. Only draw back was that the GPS system in the carts wasn't working. Can't complain though, they had a spring special on for $65

3 Wood Shortswing is on a distinguished road
    Played 3 rounds at my home course, Tecumseh. Super dry plus fairways have been cut. Greens are AAA. Late May condition very impressive. Greens have been verticut twice plus regular cut three time. Awesome condition.

Golf Nut wings is on a distinguished road
    Played Stonebridge today, and was pretty disappointed. Course was in okay condition, but the greens were shaggy and the fairways had quite a bit of winter damage. They charged $65, which is a joke considering the Marshes is $65 with cart... $10 off of normal rates, why bother? No water on course, snack shack was closed, no cart going around. I know it's early in the season, but with those conditions, there's no way they should be charging more than $45 for April.

Will wait until summer before I go back

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    I also played Stonebridge today and I thought the conditions were as good as could possibly be expected for this time of year. Yes, the grass in the fairways was dead in (many) places, but they played exactly the same way they would have in mid-summer IMHO. As for the greens, I thought they might have been a little slower than normal... but I wouldn't call them shaggy by any means. I didn't have a single putt where I felt the conditions of the greens hurt me.

I'll be back next weekend.

Golf Nut wings is on a distinguished road
    Really? No one in our group seemed to be able to get a putt to the hole... In the summer, the greens are lightning. To each their own I guess. I will be back too, but only in the summer.

It is one of the nicest courses around for sure, but I thought it was a bit pricey for the conditions...

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Personally I wouldn't be paying $65 to play anywhere right now.

Bouche
    played pineview today...shot 76....not bad for my first round!
    Last edited by Bouche; 04-21-2009 at 05:18 PM.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Played Casselview today and the conditions were fair but not very good. Greens are okay but not putting true - bumpy in a lot of spots. A lot of dead spots in the fairways. Barely any grass in some areas....

I paid $22 with Reservation Masters so I can't complain... apart from my game today which was atrocious...

Has anyone played Metcalfe yet?

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Played EL today. Pretty dry. Some brown spots on the fairway but was in pretty good condition. West course had a couple of greens that were pretty brown.

5 Wood Grabster is on a distinguished road
    Played Stonebridge on Friday and Pineview on Sunday.

Stonebridge was decent for this time of year. Greens are in good shape. Fairway was good enough for April. I liked the cut low rough as I was able to find my mis (something that will be a lost cause in a month).
    Overall, good but not worth the rates they are charging.

Pineview. Well, I was taught to say nothing if I don't have something good to say.
    But since I have to post something....
    The ball cleaners were filled up with water and soap. That is about it.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Meadows was alright. Greens not the hottest but to be expected. Best greens I've seen so far are some at Metcalfe (back 9) and some at Manderly.

Shagging Balls DIbit is on a distinguished road DIbit's Avatar

Casselview

In decent shape and quite dried up. Greens are in good shape, but obviously not running at summer speed. One big change is on #9 Par 5 - they cut down the tree in the layup area, before the creek. It a good drive to the top edge of the mound as decided to go for it. However, I over cut a hybrid to the right trees.
    I usually play #14 with a 6 Iron, GW, but unknowingly pulled out driver, so I said, "Why not" and hit a nice cut onto the green. Walked up there and had 8 feet to the hole and under-read the putt for a tap-in bird. I really enjoy Casselview. 3rd round of the year and went 42-35.
    Bite, Bite!

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Anyone know when the Marshes will have their GPS up and running. Was gonna head out there this weekend but only if its up and running.

Played Casselview twice already and found the conditions to be good. Greens are rolling well.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigershot View Post
    In decent shape and quite dried up. Greens are in good shape, but obviously not running at summer speed. One big change is on #9 Par 5 - they cut down the tree in the layup area, before the creek. It a good drive to the top edge of the mound as decided to go for it. However, I over cut a hybrid to the right trees.
    I usually play #14 with a 6 Iron, GW, but unknowingly pulled out driver, so I said, "Why not" and hit a nice cut onto the green. Walked up there and had 8 feet to the hole and under-read the putt for a tap-in bird. I really enjoy Casselview. 3rd round of the year and went 42-35.

Good God What am I going to aim at now?????

Played Metcalfe today---greens a little shaggy--some fairways a little rough---but this is only the 20th of April---lets not be greedy We definitly need some heat and a little rain. Oh yes----new Tee and new green on 17---what a difference--also looks like a lot of clean-up along some of the fence lines

3 Wood maximus is on a distinguished road maximus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabster View Post
    Played Stonebridge on Friday and Pineview on Sunday.

Pineview. Well, I was taught to say nothing if I don't have something good to say.
    But since I have to post something....
    The ball cleaners were filled up with water and soap. That is about it.
    Crap, really? Did you at least get 18 bucks worth of fun out of Pineview? I just booked it for Sunday. Mountain Creek on Saturday.

Shagging Balls Dunny is on a distinguished road Dunny's Avatar
    I don't know how many of you guys have any Malone plans but I'll be there this weekend so I can report their early season conditions
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    I don't know how many of you guys have any Malone plans but I'll be there this weekend so I can report their early season conditions

Please do, I'm there in two weeks.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar

Pakenham

Has anyone played Pakenham recently? How is it firming up?

Thread Information