Closed Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OutOfTheRough View Post
    I'll have an update for LVM Wednesday !
    I have one from yesterday. Definitely drying out, not too many wet spots, but there are a few. The greens are terrible. Aeration holes left over from last year, shaggy and bumpy on top of that, plus a lot of spots that either have top dressing on them, or no grass.

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    Played Kingsway today. The course is still a bit damp but the greens were in tough condition with plenty of punched holes from last year. Four footers were quite an adventure...

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    I have one from yesterday. Definitely drying out, not too many wet spots, but there are a few. The greens are terrible. Aeration holes left over from last year, shaggy and bumpy on top of that, plus a lot of spots that either have top dressing on them, or no grass.
    You are so much kinder than I would be, I don't think I will even go back for my free round.

Shagging Balls Dunny is on a distinguished road Dunny's Avatar
    A new update on Casselview...Played Yesterday late afternoon. Course is drying out nicely. Still temp tees on Par 3's but that should be overwith soon. It's worth the play for this time of year soon. Especially if you can play at 4pm. $19 and just got finished in the nick of time
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

3 Wood Sab is on a distinguished road Sab's Avatar
    Any updates from the sunny long weekend? Cedar Glen, Mountain Creek, Kingsway?

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Sab View Post
    Any updates from the sunny long weekend? Cedar Glen, Mountain Creek, Kingsway?
    On Friday Cedar Glen was still back-9 only, with some casual water and bumpy greens but playable.

Played Nation yesterday and it was quite dry, and the greens were a little bumpy but pretty decent for early spring. Pace-of-play was slower than slow, as usual.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Smugglers Glen was very nice, greens were actually green and although a little slow they were very smooth and pretty nice. The sand traps had yet to be raked and cleaned but they were still pretty good. The course was for the most part quite dry and only a couple of holes resulted in plugged tee shots, hole 11 come to mind. Cart path only but that may change soon.

They also had an opening week special, visit the website and register as a VIP member and you can play for $39 for green fee, cart & GPS, sweet deal
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Anyone been to Sorcier? They opened earlier than anticipated so hopefully it is dried up somewhat.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Manderley has the south course open today and tomorow while the north should be open by thursday

-surprisingly DRY for this time of year.
    Some wet areas of course, but overall good shape and greens were extremely puttable even the brown ones!!
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Gap Wedge BurnerF55 is on a distinguished road
    Played Manderley on Monday and its was wet but playable. They have you spread across the 3 nines, but it was still fun. Cart paths only for carts.
    [URL="http://www.jasonphillips.ca"][/URL]

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Just played Champlain and besides a few damp spots and not so perfect greens it was o.k.LOL.
    It was such a great day to be outside that we did not care about the course.Had a good game too!!!

Shagging Balls DIbit is on a distinguished road DIbit's Avatar

Loyalist Golf course (just west of Kingston)

Played Loyalist twice this easter weekend and it is in excellent shape. the greens seemed almost as fast as the summer. There are a couple wet spots, but no plugged balls. The whole course is quite green. My favorite course in Kingston!
    Bite, Bite!

Putter skywalker is on a distinguished road skywalker's Avatar
    New rookie on the forum played casselview today course in good shape for this time of the year, green also nice. pace of play good just a bit over 4 hrs.
    "May the force be with you". let that golf ball FLY!

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    i know its been oversaid, but Nation was bone dry on Monday, literally a dry as summertime, grass still needs to beathe a little life but its very decent...will be playing there again on Friday at 1210...if u find balls with funny drawings on them...they are likely mine!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Played 9 holes at Renfrew last night. They were completely dry. Greens were really great. There was a temp green on the 3rd hole, but I expect that will be gone by Thursday (I'll find out when I go back)
    Andrew

5 Wood SIMMER is on a distinguished road SIMMER's Avatar
    Anyone play or hear anything about Manderley thus far? I have a round booked there tomorrow morning. I have a feeling it could be damp like years past...

Check a few posts above for your answer
    Lefty Lucas

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Played Champlain today, greens have dead patches and good patches, and are still shaggy but a few nice ones. Little bit of wet patches but overall the course is dry. Definitely needs another couple weeks before I'll go back.

Golf Nut wings is on a distinguished road
    If anyone plays Stonebridge today, could you please give an update on the conditions, and whether or not they have spring specials? I'm playing there on Saturday and would appreciate any info...

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Calabogie - Shockingly dry for 2 weeks ago
    Nation - Good shape greens insanely bumpy
    Manderly - Greens in shockingly good shape I went and it was some south, some central all of north. Good shape but wet some places (to be expected)

Will report on Metcalfe tonight.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Played Mapleview , and its in decent shape , only a couple of soggy patches around the 10th other than that its ok, greens surprisingly quick on some holes.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Any updates on Casselview, the greens must be pretty good by now?
    Lefty Lucas

Shagging Balls Dunny is on a distinguished road Dunny's Avatar
    Played casselview yesterday again. Greens are great course is great (few bare spots) but fine. They still have the tees ahead on all par 3's (the teeboxes look fine) don't get it. I wouldn't pay full price but the $18 on Corporate golf is WELL worth it.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks Dunny, I am with EG so I will benefit from the lower price as well.
    Lefty Lucas

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Thanks Dunny, I am with EG so I will benefit from the lower price as well.
    You could do even better with last minute----if you can get it!
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Played 9 holes at Renfrew last night. They were completely dry. Greens were really great. There was a temp green on the 3rd hole, but I expect that will be gone by Thursday (I'll find out when I go back)
    played 12 holes after work last night in 90 minutes. Course is very dry everywhere, no temp greens, Course is in great shape & I expect that they will start watering soon. Special on the green fee is I believe $25.
    Andrew

Thanks Big Mac but I wanted to be sure to play with EG Sunday so I paid the extra $3 to be sure of a spot, besides I think we got the last 2 spots.
    Lefty Lucas

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Metcalfe 18 was in great shape considering last night. Many of the greens were surprisingly green and rolled very well. I got 9 done in 1 hour. No one in front, no one in back beautiful day ... It was heaven.

Playing the 9 today it's in much rougher shape many of the greens look like there at Hoylake.

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Just got back from 9 holes at Marchwood (Marshes 9-hole Par 3 course) which opened today. The place is tinder-dry. Tees were in good shape, but brown. Greens were very good for this time of year and some were reasonably green.

I figured they wouldn't be letting power carts on the fairways on the Marshes, but one of the employees there said the course is super dry and they are fighting to get their irrigation system on-line.

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    Greensmere's in good shape. Everything's greening up nicely save for a couple of greens that had ice damage. All the fairways, and most of the greens have been cut and are running fast (for this time of the year) and smooth. I actually felt like I was putting for the first time this year
    Wannabe Golf

Thread Information