CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Bouche
    now now guys no need to rush LOL Pineview is a pool right now as well. They were looking to open on the 8th but my guess is they will push it back a bit...its gotta stop raining sooner or later

3 Iron Simonlap is on a distinguished road Simonlap's Avatar

Nation

I played Nation golf course today. Still had some snow in a few spots but nothing that comes too much into play. The course was pretty dry (I've played on courses that were more wet in the middle of summer). The greens were pretty slow however which made any uphill putt really hard to judge. But it was worth it!

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    i concur, i also played nation today and could not complain, my feet didnt get wet and balls were not plugging, a little bit of snow but always out of the way...worth the drive

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Played Casselview yesterday and it was more wet than last week for sure.Greens were nice but,the wind and the wet conditions made it hard to score.

7 Wood macspesh is on a distinguished road
    Did anyone play Champlain this weekend?

Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar
    sorry everyone about the snow.... I took my snow brush out of my car on sunday. This is my fault.
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    That's why I leave my snowbrush in the car all year.

Winter tires don't come off until after Easter as well.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by macspesh View Post
    Ummm, reports have not been good. It does not drain well and the recent weather would not have helped.

In my experience, the only course in Ottawa or Gatineau that is open and in playable shape at this time of year is Raceview - and IMHO it is really just a 9-hole practice course. The others probably shouldn't be open for a few more weeks.

If you want to play a course at this time of year in decent shape then IMHO you have to go out-of-town. Mapleview, Prescott or Nation are usually among the first courses to open and are at least playable in early spring. At most of the other courses the conditions are like playing in a swamp.

5 Wood Thom Panikorn is on a distinguished road

Casselview & LVM

Aren't you guys glad you played (didn't matter where!) the last few days? It's back to winter again outside. We played Casselview last Thursday ($38 with $10 coupon for your next round). Greens were great for this time of year but the fairways were too wet. Ball plugged almost every hole.
    And we played LVM Friday and Sunday ($38 Friday and used that coupon for free round Sunday). Considering it's "in town" the condition was not bad. Greens were puttable, no.8, 12,13 &15 fairways were wet the rest were OK (spotty in some). And it's "by one get the next one for free" until May15. I'll take that over Casselview right now.

Thom

Shagging Balls Dunny is on a distinguished road Dunny's Avatar
    Damn!!! Took my Snowbrush out yesterday morning!!! Sorry fellas!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Mapleview was very nice yesterday, balls did not plug, some wet spots but the greens were very puttable and it was a very nice day after all.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar

champlain

Quote Originally Posted by macspesh View Post
    Someone reported on champlain from other forum having been wet, wet and more wet when he played. This person said the conditions are really bad and they really shouldn't be open right now.
    Last edited by OutOfTheRough; 04-06-2009 at 10:06 PM.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Does anyone know what conditions are normally like at Mountain Creek in the spring? Do they punch their greens late in the year so they may not be recovered? Does it drain well? (I've never played there.) May head out there Monday if the weather forecast holds.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by GarthM View Post
    Does anyone know what conditions are normally like at Mountain Creek in the spring? Do they punch their greens late in the year so they may not be recovered? Does it drain well? (I've never played there.) May head out there Monday if the weather forecast holds.

It's a clay based course Garth. And when I was a member there I always found it took a long time for the course to dry up after a few days of rain.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Shagging Balls Dunny is on a distinguished road Dunny's Avatar
    Hope there are still a couple playable tracks for Friday...Damn this snow
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    I am thinking Irish Hills would probably drain well. It is usually bone dry. Now, if they open....
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I could argue that there were a couple of courses that were open but which weren't "really" playable.....I'm very glad to have gotten out twice already, but the courses were close to unplayable by times

5 Wood Dan_0 is on a distinguished road Dan_0's Avatar
    What ever happened to all this global warming crap?? i'm gonna run my car all night long, and do my part to kill the ozone.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_0 View Post
    What ever happened to all this global warming crap?? i'm gonna run my car all night long, and do my part to kill the ozone.

Fortunately, (or unfortunately if you like) running your car won't accelerate global warming but you might get a ticket for idling.
    I would suspect some of the courses that have already opened are probably now closed until further notice. My Friday morning tee time at Pakenham isn't looking good right now. The good news is if we can't play outside at least The Masters is on.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

8 Iron haligolfer is on a distinguished road

calabogie or casseview conditions?

any new updates on either course?

Lob Wedge linganlad is on a distinguished road

Mapleview

Played Mapleview today and it's completely dry, no after-effects of the snow earlier this week. Greens are very puttable, all holes are open and no temp greens, certainly worth the drive to Perth this weekend.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    I just got back from Casselview...spent some time on the range and played 14 holes hitting 2 or 3 balls just practicing. I thought the course was in fanstatic shape (unlike my game). The greens were especially good I thought for so early in the year. Boy, it felt really great to get out again...if only I could play

i played nation a few times already folks and I can tell you its worth it, the course is in very good shape and didnt even get wet feet yet...I highly recommend it for this time of year...played 27 holes on thursday! carts are even out for people who need them!

Quote Originally Posted by sebber View Post
    i played nation a few times already folks and I can tell you its worth it, the course is in very good shape and didnt even get wet feet yet...I highly recommend it for this time of year...played 27 holes on thursday! carts are even out for people who need them!
    Quote Originally Posted by goochy View Post
    I just got back from Casselview...spent some time on the range and played 14 holes hitting 2 or 3 balls just practicing. I thought the course was in fanstatic shape (unlike my game). The greens were especially good I thought for so early in the year. Boy, it felt really great to get out again...if only I could play
    Definitely agree with Mapleview, was out there today and the course was good and dry. Curious about Casselview and Nation.... how are the fairways ? Any of them wet or have they dried up ?

Nation's fairvways are pretty dry, a few low spots are a little mushy but nothing to worry about, played 3 rounds in the last 5 days and cant really complain, the only wet spots are probably 20 yeard in front of the green on the 15th and the 3rd, the rest is very dry and the grass is starting to rise up, very little areas where the grass is still flat to the ground... the green's are also in good condition, my only complaint is the same coomplaint i have all summer, some tee boxes are not level, especially from the blue tees, but for the 10th of april its perfect!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Tim,Casselview is still a bit damp at some spots.Plugged a few balls yesterday but, the greens are nice.38.00 to play with a 10.00 rebate on your next round.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Mapleview was dry as a bone today. Greens are green though punched from last year and a bit on the slow side but all in all the course is in great shape for this time of year.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    Any updates on the conditions at the Canadian?

I'll have an update for LVM Wednesday !

1 Iron kekchose12 is on a distinguished road

Update on the Canadian

Played the West course today. Great conditions. Fairways are soft but not wet at all. My feet were dry after 18. Greens are soft and slow but for the most part in good shape for this time of year. New tee is up on #9 which is now a 160 yards par 3 from the tips. A completely different hole now! New tee on #10 is not ready yet. The course was very busy today but I was surprised to see that the pace was not too bad.

Thread Information