100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    2 Iron Golfy Kid is on a distinguished road Golfy Kid's Avatar

Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Ditto, played today (Wed) at noon and found the course very playable. Greens rolling well ... would say that Nation is #1 overall, but Casselview still had the best greens.
    Good condition, just played this morning.

Shagging Balls DIbit is on a distinguished road DIbit's Avatar
    Just got back from Casselview..
    Despite soggy in a couple areas (only in the rough), the greens are in great shape..lush and running at a good speed.
    Great shape!

Quote Originally Posted by Krolik View Post
    Anyone played Casselview recently? How are the conditions?
    Bite, Bite!

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Played Cedarhill today and the condition is excellent. The green rolls very good and quite fast despite the rain. A couple of soggy spots on fairway but the it's lush.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Well---things are starting to look up----now how do we stop the rain ?????
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Well---things are starting to look up----now how do we stop the rain ?????
    Well, you can't stop the rain by complaining!

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    Any updates on Mt. Cascades? Thanks

Lob Wedge MRF is on a distinguished road

Edelweiss

Has anyone play Edelweiss lately? If so, what's it like? Heading there on Saturday morning.

I played Mt. St-Marie this past Saturday. Course is fair at best...shaggy, bumpy greens. Very wet fairways, especially on the back nine where carts were not allowed. I would put the course in the same ranking category as Champlain on a normal summer day. I haven't played Champlain this year, but have played it many times in past years.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    MRF,just played Edelweiss this a.m.and happy to report its in good shape.Greens are very nice,a bit on the slow side but in great shape.Fairways were also good,no winterkill and tee-boxes are in great conditiom.Well worth playing right now.Oh and the bugs were starting to come out so bring some repelent.

3 Wood maximus is on a distinguished road maximus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
    Having played both in the last week or so, his review of #18 and the rest of it was for Champlain. The plus for that course right now is that it's minutes from downtown.
    Yes, the review was for Champlain. It was not ideal.

Glen Mar on the other hand (played on Saturday, May 30th) was in great shape ! Everything was nice and green, save for a few dead spots on some fairways. Greens were excellent. Drainage was also good, considering the amount of rain that we have received recently (save maybe for the first hole, which you definitely want to stay right after a healthy rain, or else... sploosh).

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    If you're up for the drive down to Smuggler's (1.5 - 2 hrs), the course is in phenomenal shape, and the greens are 100% mint, rolling in the 10' range. The superintendent Jason Boyce is a master, and he takes great pride in his greens. They are in tour condition. Their pre-summer rates just kicked in until the 18th, weekend rate is $73.73 tax in with 1/2 cart, and the service and food is awesome. Worth the trip.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Played Cedarhill Yesterday. The greens are in great shape, a little long but I wouldn't want to see them much faster considering some of the downhill lies I had. I felt the fairways on the front were kinda rough in spots and the tee boxes as well. The back was in much better shape.

Played Renfrew Saturday. Amazing course, in great shape, greens were rolling nice. A bit of winter kill here and there but mostly in areas that wouldn't affect anything. Highly recommended though its a bit far. Course was quite dry, again, considering the rain.

Played Hylands Friday, Course was well drained, considering 3 days of rain. Greens were rolling nice, a bit of winter kill here and there but all in all, in good shape.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Played Whitetail today---greens a little slow but OK. A couple of the lower fairways very soggy---but that could be from last nights downpour. All in all decent shape. If your going go through Renfrew--highway down to one lane in 2 spots.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Chateau Cartier is in awesome shape. All greens are rolling ture and FAST! Kudos to the crew there.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Shagging Balls Dunny is on a distinguished road Dunny's Avatar
    Anybody hit up Tremblant yet, Geant...or Diable?? On my way this weekend to play both and wondering...
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

3 Wood maximus is on a distinguished road maximus's Avatar

Poplar Grove?

Anyone play there last weekend? Status update?

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Played Arnprior today and the course is in really good shape. The minor dead patches are almost filled in and the greens were great shape as well.

Also I agree with Rezadue, Cartier is in great shape as well !!

Played Calabogie today for the first time Now that's a differnt course-really enjoyed it. One fairway a little soggy--17. Grass is growing like hell---fairways OK---A little narrow for my driver---will leave it home next time a few of the greens need a little time---some tee boxes a little rough; but all in all a decent experience. Not too sure about yardage markers on par 3 #3 ????? Will definitly go back And the food was great !!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Played Carling Lake in the Laurentians near Lachute and the greens are awfull.We had the free coupon from the golf show and paid 21.00 each for the cart.A bit expensive for two(42.00)Its a tough course with very narrow fairways and tee-boxes.Trees come in play from the tips a lot.Slope is 123 so its a good challenge.
    Would not go back and play if i had to pay for it and its a 2 hr.drive from Gatineau.

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Played Meadows yesterday - West/East. In good shape, except for the greens that have been punched and sanded and were horribly bumpy and slow (I know, necessary evil...). West was really bad, East was about a week ahead, but still bad. I'd give it another 2 weeks to recover.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 06-06-2009 at 10:31 AM.

Just came back from Hylands with a gracious host Ray(Doglezard)What a beautifull layout they have out there.Greens were just fantastic,fairways and tee-offs in great condition.What a great morning with some real nice people.Thank you Ray,David and Bobby.If you are fortunate enough to be invited to play there jump on it.Played the South course and they tell me the North is just as nice.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Just came back from Hylands with a gracious host Ray(Doglezard)What a beautifull layout they have out there.Greens were just fantastic,fairways and tee-offs in great condition.What a great morning with some real nice people.Thank you Ray,David and Bobby.If you are fortunate enough to be invited to play there jump on it.Played the South course and they tell me the North is just as nice.
    agreed. Hylands is a good solid course IMHO. Not fancy or tricked up and usually in great shape, pretty straightforward and not a lot of trouble unless you are in the trees. I enjoy playing there every time I get the chance and have played the south a dozen or so times and the north once. Nice range, good clubhouse and proshop and well run.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hylands

Thats right Jeff,I had forgotten about the free diving range.I did not get in much trouble today but, could not hit the greens in reg. too often and i payed the price with lousy putting on my behalf.I think i would do well if i played it a few times and putted better.All in all,a nice way to spend a day.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    agreed. Hylands is a good solid course IMHO. Not fancy or tricked up and usually in great shape, pretty straightforward and not a lot of trouble unless you are in the trees. I enjoy playing there every time I get the chance and have played the south a dozen or so times and the north once. Nice range, good clubhouse and proshop and well run.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    I played Anderson Links on Thursday and must say that it is in the worst condition of all courses I have played this year. The greens were very slow and many of the fairways are completely bare.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 06-06-2009 at 10:30 AM.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    Le Sorcier is great shape.... Yet, they have changed the teeboxes for 3rd, 8th and 10th (as it was 2 seasons ago)... Still a great track but I prefer layout as last year.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    I played Irish hills on thursday , the greens were in poor shape , although the rest of the course is ok
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Pitching Wedge Brewskie19 is on a distinguished road Brewskie19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    I played Anderson Links on Thursday and must say that it is in the worst condition of all courses I have played this year. The greens were very slow and many of the fairways are completely bare.

Weird, I played there a month ago and it was awesome.
    Easily the best shape of all the courses I have played this year.
    I am actually going to back to Anderson Links on Thursday.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Greensmere, fastest greens i've ever played.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

9 Iron Chanter is on a distinguished road
    Played at Hylands yesterday also(North), in a Mess-run tourney. Great weather, beautiful course and got my first Eagle of the year . Liked it so much, I'm going to run over on Monday to join.

Lob Wedge MRF is on a distinguished road
    Played Edelweiss today...in pretty decent shape. maybe one or two bumpy greens but all in all well worth the $20 through EG.

5 Wood Grabster is on a distinguished road
    Hi,
    Knocked off a few courses the past week.

Pineview (Jun 2nd)..... fairways rough and greens still very poor condition. Not worth going.

Stonebridge (Jun 3rd) .... fairways hit and miss, but greens were all in good condition. Okay if you grab a twilight rate or via EG.

Cedarhill (June 6th).... really good condition. Very green in great shape. Well worth the money even though it took 5.5 hours to finish 18 this afternoon.

Thread Information