CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Ace TWoody is on a distinguished road TWoody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    And no explanation or posts with respect to yesterday's events. Curious.
    Explaination is posted on that board.
    Member of the TGN Team
    MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TWoody View Post
    Explaination is posted on that board.
    no its not. saying we are experiencing some issues blah blah blah is not an explanation. now if it is actually that they did not pay their bills....would you admit that? you would get a ton of grief from people....so who knows...saying we are experiencing some issues and will continue too, is not an explanation, its a blanket vague excuse.
    I visit OG no matter tgn, we all have our regular routine and my investments, puttertalk, OG and TGN will always remain....its just getting to the point of complete riduculousness....(i think i invented a word).
    How difficult is it to pay a host company to run your site and run it well? I know for dan this is a business and therefore he can have a more hands on approach at maintaining the site.
    But....but...i cannot remember one second of outage with OG in the few years i have been a member, it may have happened at one point, but if it did? I do not remember, but tgn is like a daily thing now.
    THe current reply on site is a warning and apology saying there may be outages in next few days, that is not necessary to post since there are daily outages at all times.
    Kind of like announcing 'today there will be a few hits between players in this football game'...um..yeah...ok we kinda knew that.

ps so is everyone underway for this season in Ott? I know you get a much shortened season than us in TO, did everyone get their first round in?
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Champion racmbs is on a distinguished road racmbs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkhark View Post
    no its not. saying we are experiencing some issues blah blah blah is not an explanation. now if it is actually that they did not pay their bills....would you admit that? you would get a ton of grief from people....so who knows...saying we are experiencing some issues and will continue too, is not an explanation, its a blanket vague excuse.
    I visit OG no matter tgn, we all have our regular routine and my investments, puttertalk, OG and TGN will always remain....its just getting to the point of complete riduculousness....(i think i invented a word).
    How difficult is it to pay a host company to run your site and run it well? I know for dan this is a business and therefore he can have a more hands on approach at maintaining the site.
    But....but...i cannot remember one second of outage with OG in the few years i have been a member, it may have happened at one point, but if it did? I do not remember, but tgn is like a daily thing now.
    THe current reply on site is a warning and apology saying there may be outages in next few days, that is not necessary to post since there are daily outages at all times.
    Kind of like announcing 'today there will be a few hits between players in this football game'...um..yeah...ok we kinda knew that.

ps so is everyone underway for this season in Ott? I know you get a much shortened season than us in TO, did everyone get their first round in?
    OG was down for about 20 minutes today....I couldn't log on to access PM's, just kept getting a timeout error.

But seriously Craig, you REALLY need to start complaining about stuff that matters. Who honestly gives a sh!t if OGF or TGN are down....really.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    First of all they don't owe anyone an explanation. I certainly don't comment on or explain every issue I encounter here.

They obviously are struggling with debugging an ongoing problem. If they fully understood the issue they'd just fix it and move on.

I understand your frustration, but it's not a conspiracy to decieve the users by covering up the "real problem." I am sure that Vball and Mok are far more frustrated than any of the users. You could cut them some slack.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

And yes we had a problem here this morning. I fixed it. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    And yes we had a problem here this morning. I fixed it. Nuff said.
    Where does one file a complaint about this?

Over on TGN?

Quote Originally Posted by racmbs View Post
    OG was down for about 20 minutes today....I couldn't log on to access PM's, just kept getting a timeout error.

But seriously Craig, you REALLY need to start complaining about stuff that matters. Who honestly gives a sh!t if OGF or TGN are down....really.
    I do thats who. None of your business S. If i want to vent over it i can. Its called my opinion. I have always noticed that when someone posts anything you disagree with you "tell people what to do, think etc".
    Its called a forum, its called opinions. I am entitled, you already posted a couple times on this, i am "telling you to ignore my comments, no reply from you needed" its called scroll on by.
    This is a complete joke at this point and i am entitled to my frustrated opinion. I am offline with quite a few members that are in the middle of sales of items and cannot get on regularly to maintain their replies to those interested etc.

ps, yes i msyelf had a few minutes not being able to access OG today, but note, i bet that it was that due to TGN being down OG got bombarded by above avg traffic?

I still like you racmbs, would have no issues playing together, sharing a pint, hearing your review of the golf buddy gps you used in myrtle...but you really need to learn not to impart your views on others by "telling them what to do". Facism and communism are in decline...

ps Dan i did give the benefit of the doubt that tgn themselves was frustrated at fixing their issues...i gave this benefit of doubt the first 40 times it was down for up to days at a time...at what # is one allowed to feel completely frustrated and vent....75?....100? i would swear its been over a hundred now.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Over on TGN?
    No, was just busting your chops on here....no harm, no foul.

sharkhark, please don't get into a flamewar over this. We frown on venting / ranting here and your post was borderline permisable at best. Someone even reported it as bashing which we do not allow. I judged it to be borderline acceptable, and decided to comment to see if you would better understand. Please don't make me start moderating a flamewar here.

it was that due to TGN being down OG got bombarded by above avg traffic.
    This is not a true statement. You seem to be making a few wrong assumptions.

Someone even reported it as bashing which we do not allow.
    I'd like to go on record stating this was not me....I have thicker skin than that.

Besides, if I wanted to get him back I'd drive to his house and light a bag of poo on fire on his front doorstep like the good 'ole days.

sharkhark, please don't get into a flamewar over this. We frown on venting / ranting here and your post was borderline permisable at best. Someone even reported it as bashing which we do not allow.

I judged it to be borderline acceptable, and decided to comment to see if you would better understand. Please don't make me start moderating a flamewar here.

This is not a true statement. You seem to be making a few wrong assumptions.
    I have nothing to add dan and as you can see by scotts reply even he and i occasionally get a bit frustrated, with issues, each other etc but are man enough to forget it all two minutes later. You can edit, or remove or leave my post.
    I have nothing more to add on it.
    Maybe its because when i lived in kingston for two years and spent 60/40 on OG vs TGN i met so many members at outings and spent so much time on OG that i got spoiled.
    I don't mind paying for a site i like, create a membership pkg, charge for it, upgrade your hosts i.e. tgn, i would join. Charge me $50, throw in a free tshirt, call it a day. Your site has you running it and the good packages you sell for golf in ottawa so it is not apples to apples.
    No more venting, i will buy a smash bag and lose my frustration while honing my impact
    I always have seen a different vibe on here which avoids the confrontations and rude behaviour prevalent and tolerated on other sites so i respect that. All the members in general represent that, one of the things i like.
    One of the reaons why when geoff J was looking to hitch for a round in TO last summer i jumped up to play with him as he represents you guys and all you are about.
    Peace.

ps...racmbs...why not since tgn is down post your review of golf buddy pro and which units you like or not on here...i have been dying for that one..if you did already on tgn i missed it.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I'd like to go on record stating this was not me....I have thicker skin than that.

Besides, if I wanted to get him back I'd drive to his house and light a bag of poo on fire on his front doorstep like the good 'ole days.

We know, we know. No need to get defensive.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    We know, we know. No need to get defensive.
    Ahh, so it was YOU then!

Starting with the mind games already I see....don't make the TGN RC squad crash your wedding wearing pink skirts, claiming to be long lost cousins of the groom.

Ahh, so it was YOU then!

Starting with the mind games already I see....don't make the TGN RC squad crash your wedding wearing pink skirts, claiming to be long lost cousins of the groom.

Pfft, you've obviously never met my family!!!!!! Someone is probably already planning on doing that.

BTW, a little PM sent your way with a small request.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Where does one file a complaint about this?
    I believe that Dan's Complaint Manager's name is Helen Waite............if you have a complaint - go to Helene Waite

Nationwide Player Section Thirty One is on a distinguished road Section Thirty One's Avatar
    ... annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn they're down again.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Yikes, I often post stuff to sell there but lately I have had much trouble returning PMs and such due to the problems. I hope they get it fixed, put yourselves in TGN members shoes, imagine if this site was down as often (never gonna happen), I mean I might actually get some work done at the office, people would start thinking that I am working on getting a promotion or something.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Nationwide Player Section Thirty One is on a distinguished road Section Thirty One's Avatar
    ... annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd it's back up.

Bellyhungry
    Quote Originally Posted by Section Thirty One View Post
    ... annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd it's back up.
    No it isn't...still down

I hope my post count here can be credited over there at TGN

Gap Wedge Dohboy is on a distinguished road
    Hmmm...so it is TGN that's having the problem. I thought it was my ISP because of other issues I've been having with them. Luckily I can swing by here and get my golf fix

7 Iron laxgolf is on a distinguished road

TGN is free

I love how people complain that something they've been getting for free isn't available. It sucks that it's down, but life goes on. I just hope it doesn't go down for good.

BTW, a little PM sent your way with a small request.
    I can't believe you asked me to do that dude....you should be ashamed!

Wow, this is starting to border on stupidity. One minute I'm checking out the newest posts, click to return to the previous page or to head back to the main page...."Server is too busy at this time. Please try again later."....or something along those lines. Head back to OG for a little while, head back to TGN to check out what I never got a chance to.....one more click....suddenly the page can't be displayed/found.

Whatever issues they are having over there, I hope they get them sorted out. If I'm a sponsor, I'd be getting a little upset. You pay to have your business noticed on the site by forum members.....how can they notice you when you can't access the site for XX hours a day, week, month?????

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkhark View Post
    geoff J was looking to hitch for a round in TO last summer i jumped up to play with him as he represents you guys and all you are about.
    Peace.
    ouch!!! snap!!!! he dissed us all good LOL
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Sand Wedge cjcruz is on a distinguished road cjcruz's Avatar
    Its down again....Its been nuts how many times its been going down this past week..
    So i joined here....gotta get that golf forum fix somehow....

Wow, the downtime is bordering on atrocious. Yesterday, a member asked me to bump up the ship date of a driver he bought. After agreeing via PM, the site was down and I wasn't able to get his address from a previous message!

Luckily the site was briefly up a few hours later and I was able to snag the address before the Fedex cutoff time.

I wonder what the issue is, as they are running a fairly standard version of vBulletin from what I can see.

Down again, server is too busy.

Par Samick is on a distinguished road
    Down again, server is too busy.

This is nuts..no pun intended.

Basically, I'm becoming a lurker over there, if its up its up, if not...whatever. Be looking for a new home to post and get my fix...

Thread Information