CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Types of grips

Birdie flagolfnut is on a distinguished road

Types of grips

I'm just curious to know what type of grips you use. On my irons I have Golf Pride Tour Wrap and I like them except when my hands get sweaty or it rains. I am debating on wether to change my grips. I put a Golf Pride Softie on my 5 wood and was considering putting the Softie on all my clubs, because I think they hold up better in wet conditions, but I still like the feeling of the tour wrap better. Any suggestions for me? Also I don't wear a glove and I hate cord grips. I would like to put Winn grips on all my clubs, but there expensive and they don't last long.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flagolfnut
    I'm just curious to know what type of grips you use. On my irons I have Golf Pride Tour Wrap and I like them except when my hands get sweaty or it rains. I am debating on wether to change my grips. I put a Golf Pride Softie on my 5 wood and was considering putting the Softie on all my clubs, because I think they hold up better in wet conditions, but I still like the feeling of the tour wrap better. Any suggestions for me? Also I don't wear a glove and I hate cord grips. I would like to put Winn grips on all my clubs, but there expensive and they don't last long.
    dbleber:

I know what you are talking about. I had the same thoughts acouple of years ago and switched to Golf Pride Players Soffties. They are a mix between the wrap and sofftie. Go to CB's and give them a squeeze. I think they will be what you are looking for according to the info given.
    Denny

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    dbleber:

I know what you are talking about. I had the same thoughts acouple of years ago and switched to Golf Pride Players Soffties. They are a mix between the wrap and sofftie. Go to CB's and give them a squeeze. I think they will be what you are looking for according to the info given.
    Denny
    Softies are nice too.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road

Golf Pride Whisper

If you like Winns, you might want to try Golf Pride Whisper. It's less expensive, yet offers the same soft tacky feel of Winns. I have it on almost all my clubs and I love it.

Krolik.

5 Iron themob is on a distinguished road
    I play with Tour Wraps too. I just cant get used to soft grips.

I was thinkign of maybe the new Lamkin G2 with the partly corded top as that might be better in wetter/more humid conditions. One thing i realize though is that i dont play much in the rain as its neither enjoyable or good for scoring. With that said the main thing to conquer is hand moisture.

3 Wood wopstergolf is on a distinguished road wopstergolf's Avatar
    The new Golf Pride Decade Lite Multicompound is a very nice grip. It's a firmer corded rubber for the top half, and a softer rubber on the bottom. Extremely nice grips, I just did my irons with them.

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    If you like TourWrap grips maybe try something called LiteWrap also by GolfPride. They look a bit like TourWraps except they are a cross hatched design so you get more traction between your hand and the grip. They are better in rain than TourWraps. They are lighter though and change your swingweight a point or two.

Thread Information