CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanifi
    I just wonder Colby, If these things that you say about Tiger are true, Then how is it that he has the most crowd follwing him at every event, are these people blind or you can only see. What's wrong with you guys. Where is all these fan base comming from. Are you sure you are talking about same person that has been on the top of the golf word for the last few years or you somebody that you don't like. It's Ok if you don't like him but, Please don't tell him how to run his life. There are professional people that wacth every move he makes and advice him on everythig he does. Give every body a break and stop bashing Tiger please. If you don't like watching him play, turn around or even better turn the TV off. enough is enough.
    I just don't like his attitude. Do me a favour and don't tell me who I SHOULD like.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Woods
    Thanks for the condescending lesson. Maybe, before you tell me what was covered, you should have seen all the coverage: Thursday was all Tiger, while many great scores were scored.

Second, I don't watch for Tiger, and I know many who don't. You do. That's great. Don't tell me Tiger is bigger than golf, thats bull-pucky...anyone whos been around knows it...

Third, Tiger is best in the world NOW. The best in the world EVER was/is Jack Nicklaus.

Fourth, Tiger is about money. No one is saying he isn't great, I'm just saying a better role model for kids would be nice.

Fifth, to say "I had my B game today" AUTOMATICALLY IMPLIES that he could have beaten the winner, INSTEAD of saying "WELL DONE SO AND SO".

And to see all the comments on the forum, I see sportsmanship values are GONE GONE GONE.
    First: I don't think what he said was condecending at all. He raised great points. Especially about the coverage. Those points haven't been raised yet.

SECOND: Those who are in the industry including the onsite producers at CBS told me . Tiger IS golf coverage. They have a "tournament plan" for coverage, and a "tiger" plan. You get to hear all this when you get the golf course at 7 am on tournament day. So dismissing Tiger as just another great player is really not accurate.

Third. Some say it was Bobby Jones. That's a debate for another thread.

Fourth. You are in NO way qualified to make such a categorical statement.

Fifth. If someone asks you. "How did you play today" and you answer. "Well Phil played great he made a lot of putts". That doesn't make any sense.

Andru
    I just don't like his attitude. Do me a favour and don't tell me who I SHOULD like.
    I don't think anyone is telling you WHO to like. That's your choice. But don't come out here and tell us. He has a bad attitude. When your exposure to him is following in a group. Or the 30 second post round interview, or the 15 minute news conference. You're making vast assumptions about a guy who you've never met.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flagolfnut
    I've read and read the responses people have out there, but I don't quite get what all of you are saying or trying to get at. It's simple, Tiger is the best golfer in the world, end of story. He will win at least 1 major this year, he will probably win player of the year again, and the way he acts on the golf course has nothing to do with who he is off the golf course. He is focused on the course, and yes he does sign autographs, I have been to 2 events in which I followed Tiger for 18 holes, and yes it's true he doesn't acknowledge the crowd like other players might do, but that's just the way he is on the course, he's focused, he's determined to win and that's why he wins so much. There's nothing wrong with Tiger, he will break Nicklaus' records he will go down in history as the best player ever, if you don't like him that's fine, and if you think he's simply a "money making machine" that's fine, but you will see that he is the player to beat every time he's in a tournament, simply because HE IS THE BEST GOLFER IN THE WORLD.

Do you work for IMG??

Btw......just for the record.......Jack is and will be the best golfer EVER........ until Tiger or someone else beats his Major records of 18.

END OF STORY
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    OK Deep Woods,
    Then why is it then you don't cut the crap and stop telling people whom should they dislike, because you don't like them ha. Nobody asked you to like This person or that person. Just stop forcing your onion on this board about your personal preferences. you haven't put up anything to support your opinion about anything on this board yet. other than making statements about this or that.
    It's true that the more a leach sucks out of one the more waist it produces.....

Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    I don't think anyone is telling you WHO to like. That's your choice. But don't come out here and tell us. He has a bad attitude. When your exposure to him is following in a group. Or the 30 second post round interview, or the 15 minute news conference. You're making vast assumptions about a guy who you've never met.
    If I LOSE a tournament (and I've played in various non-golf tournaments), and someone says "Why didn't you win", my answer is "The other guy played better than me." I don't say "I Have my B-game"...THATS THE POINT.

My impressions are based on the same exposure you have, so stop bugging me...

What PISSES me off about this forum is people will make DEFINITIVE comments, then ARGUE with peoples OPINION....ITS MY OPINION...I shouldnt have to put IMO at the beginning of every comment. And its just as right as yours (and twice as right as Hanifi's ).

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Who'd have thought that me and Deep Woods would end up on the same side of this one...

Hanifi - The fact that people gather to watch Tiger en masse has nothing to do with good sportsmanship. Look at who else is popular in American pro sports: Kobe Bryant (alleged rapist), Ray Lewis (confirmed murder conspirator), Bill Clinton (confirmed adulterer)....

The point being that people also gather around traffic accidents, crime scenes etc.

Popularity has very little to do with moral fabric, good sportsmanship, class or anything else. It generally has to do with having a media presence, which is decided by cash flow potential.

Again, I don't think anyone's arguing about Tiger's ability, nor is anyone suggesting people shouldn't like him. People are just giving their opinions on Tiger's image versus his status as a role-model.

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

What PISSES me off about this forum is people will make DEFINITIVE comments, then ARGUE with peoples OPINION....ITS MY OPINION...I shouldnt have to put IMO at the beginning of every comment. And its just as right as yours.
    I agree with this. Heck, I tried to tell you the same thing several times!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    I agree with this. Heck, I tried to tell you the same thing several times!
    We reached an impasse...

I have come to the realization that NOBODY over the age of 10 EVER changes their opinion.

Who'd have thought that me and Deep Woods would end up on the same side of this one...

Hanifi - The fact that people gather to watch Tiger en masse has nothing to do with good sportsmanship. Look at who else is popular in American pro sports: Kobe Bryant (alleged rapist), Ray Lewis (confirmed murder conspirator), Bill Clinton (confirmed adulterer)....

The point being that people also gather around traffic accidents, crime scenes etc.

Popularity has very little to do with moral fabric, good sportsmanship, class or anything else. It generally has to do with having a media presence, which is decided by cash flow potential.

Again, I don't think anyone's arguing about Tiger's ability, nor is anyone suggesting people shouldn't like him. People are just giving their opinions on Tiger's image versus his status as a role-model.

Dan
    Dan I don't see any points in confirming again what you saying, What I like to see is more good golf shown on TV .be it Tiger or anybody else in contention, But if Tiger is up in the leaderboard I love to whatch everyshot he makes. I won't complain because Tiger getting more air time. regardless of his Attitude.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flagolfnut
    ...but you will see that he is the player to beat every time he's in a tournament, simply because HE IS THE BEST GOLFER IN THE WORLD.
    I disagree. He was not in contention at the Master's and there were certainly other tournaments in the past which he was not in contention. I am not a Tiger hater however.

Birdie mr shank is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by em69
    I disagree. He was not in contention at the Master's and there were certainly other tournaments in the past which he was not in contention. I am not a Tiger hater however.
    If Tiger is not the best golfer in the world then who is?

Andru
    If I LOSE a tournament (and I've played in various non-golf tournaments), and someone says "Why didn't you win", my answer is "The other guy played better than me." I don't say "I Have my B-game"...THATS THE POINT.

My impressions are based on the same exposure you have, so stop bugging me...

What PISSES me off about this forum is people will make DEFINITIVE comments, then ARGUE with peoples OPINION....ITS MY OPINION...I shouldnt have to put IMO at the beginning of every comment. And its just as right as yours (and twice as right as Hanifi's ).
    No one asks tiger why he didn't you win, without the context being "Why didn't you play better"? You're twisting the context of the question to prove your point it's transparent. I've watched a lot of Tiger press conferences. And they ask very specific questions about his game and his performance. Like Why are you so erratic off the tee?

Opinions are a dime a dozen. An Opinion with solid evidence behind it, is a good addition to a heated debate. That's my opinion.

That's what upsets me about trying to have a civilized debate. I don't argue your opinion. I debate the evidence you put forth to support your opinion very different.

Just for fun, I'll say it one more time, Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mr shank
    I say Tiger is the best golfer in the world.
    And I like his attitude very much specially when he slams his club and wackes his bag and refuses to talk to reporters and doesn't sigh autographs and.............

IMO

Opinions are a dime a dozen. An Opinion with solid evidence behind it, is a good addition to a heated debate. That's my opinion.

That's what upsets me about trying to have a civilized debate. I don't argue your opinion. I debate the evidence you put forth to support your opinion very different.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzz

huh...what ?

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    I was disagreeing with your comment on Tiger being "the player to beat whenever he is in a tournament" not whether he was the best golfer or not. Statistically, he is the best golfer.

As far as being the player to beat...not even the other pros feel that way; listen to the interviews. They look at him in the same light as every other player on tour. Tiger is beatable and this is what makes exciting golf.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Statistically, he is the best golfer.

As far as being the player to beat...not even the other pros feel that way; listen to the interviews. They look at him in the same light as every other player on tour. Tiger is beatable and this is what makes exciting golf.
    I wonder if Tiger actually played more than 8 tournaments, what his scoring average would like if he plays the same level he has been lately. Food for thought.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Andru
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzz

huh...what ?
    I thought it may go over your head. Nevermind

I thought it may go over your head. Nevermind
    Hey, should I get AJ's secret about golf?

Andru
    Hey, should I get AJ's secret about golf?
    I'm guessing you're being sarcastic. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    It's the TRUTH about golf. and my answer. If you're opened minded, attentive and you don't ever want to think about your golf swing again? Yes. If you can't get through a paragraph of writing. Probably not.

I'm guessing you're being sarcastic. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    It's the TRUTH about golf. and my answer. If you're opened minded, attentive and you don't ever want to think about your golf swing again? Yes. If you can't get through a paragraph of writing. Probably not.
    LOL...ya man, I was just teasing you. Sorry. It's my nature.

Actually, I do like seeing Tiger play, when he's playing well, and I respect his skill. I just know what inspired me as a kid, and how I play sports today, and its not like the way he's playing it...sorry if we disagree.

Andru
    LOL...ya man, I was just teasing you. Sorry. It's my nature.

Actually, I do like seeing Tiger play, when he's playing well, and I respect his skill. I just know what inspired me as a kid, and how I play sports today, and its not like the way he's playing it...sorry if we disagree.
    I kind of knew your were but I'm trying to be a nicer forum member.

I guess we can only agree that he's an awesome golfer. And I'm sure there's a single season grand slam out there. I'll be glued to the TV for that one.

Birdie mr shank is on a distinguished road
    I was disagreeing with your comment on Tiger being "the player to beat whenever he is in a tournament" not whether he was the best golfer or not. Statistically, he is the best golfer.

em; If you check the posts you'll see I never made the comment that Tiger was "the player to beat whenever he is in a tournament" see below:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by flagolfnut
    ...but you will see that he is the player to beat every time he's in a tournament, simply because HE IS THE BEST GOLFER IN THE WORLD.

Originally Posted by em69

So I ask you then, who is the best golfer in the world?

Tiger, just like Norman, Faldo, Miller, etc.

Too bad they all had more class.

You guys are all mental. The answer is simple. We should have realized it by the lengthy and passionate debate.

It's Hanifi!!!! He won the OG Tour last season, therefore vaulting him over Tiger, Arnie, Gary, Phil, Jack, Lee et al...

Dan

It's Hanifi!!!! He won the OG Tour last season, therefore vaulting him over Tiger, Arnie, Gary, Phil, Jack, Lee et al...
    Well he certainly talks as if he's the best golfer...

Big_duck
    Hmmm ... 86 posts in the thread and only 5 about the subject where's the moderator when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by Big_duck
    Hmmm ... 86 posts in the thread and only 5 about the subject where's the moderator when you need him?

Oddly, not one of your posts have been on topic.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Big_duck
    And get some new glasses. They were almost all about Tiger and the ad, and related subjects.

Big_duck
    Oddly, not one of your posts have been on topic.

Dan
    Okay I'm guilty ... guilty I say.

Thread Information