100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru

The guy is only 27. Give him a chance to grow up a bit.
    he has outgrown many on the field for his age compare to Phil who is 39 and whines like a 3.9 year old .
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_duck
    What I really hate, is when someone takes a quote out of context and rewrites it just to prove a point. Tiger has never said, "Well, the other guy won because I had my B game today".
    Big_duck, you are right absolutely

Tiger never said that. It must be one's thinking that Phil won it because Tiger didn't have his A game. Tiger didn't say that, neither anybody else. and as I know everybody congratulated Phil for his excellent performance on masters. But this is not acceptable to some to see Phil won it on his own merit and not because Tiger had his B game or whatever game. Phil won it fair and square. Tiger is not playing to his expectations and his fans. but this is very hard for some to digest and not acceptable to see somebody like Phil can win a master on his own merit, they have to credit it to tigers B game. Let it be, That's the power of Tiger over some narrow minded people that even Tiger's loss is not good enough for them.

some say we don't like his attitude on and of the course. No. there is nothing wrong with his attitude, he is excellent there too. Andru brought up some points on that regard. It's not his attitude that bothers some. It's his successes and dominants of the game that some have had enough of and can't take it more.
    It's Bill gate's Windows that some don't like. it's not Bill himself. it's not Tiger. It's Tiger's success that has become a resentment to some and has frustrated them over the years. and they try to get to him any other ways "attacking his personality" but to beat him on the field.

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Phil Mickelson's birthdate: June 16, 1970

I don't know Farzin, but that doesn't add up to 39....

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Phil Mickelson's birthdate: June 16, 1970

I don't know Farzin, but that doesn't add up to 39....

Dan
    Ok Dan: That makes him like a 3.4 year old baby.

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanifi
    he has outgrown many on the field for his age compare to Phil who is 39 and whines like a 3.9 year old .
    Maybe you should have a look at Phils stats in a major...not as good as Tiger, but pretty damn amazing. He's an amazing player, maybe you should accept that TOO, if were to accept Tiger as a god.

And guess what Hanifi...Tiger had his chance in the Masters...AND LOST. Big time.

Ok Dan: That makes him like a 3.4 year old baby.
    Where do you get the idea that Phil acts like a baby? Is this all just from when he dissed Tiger's equipment (and in the process complimented Tiger's skill)?

Besides which, this isn't about Phil Mickelson, it's about Tiger Woods.

Personally, I think instead of arguing about "my daddy's bigger than your daddy", we should accept that perhaps we're all correct in cheering for who we cheer for. Some people like Tiger, some like Phil, some like both, some like neither. Is anyone more right than anyone else?

Dan

Birdie mr shank is on a distinguished road
    I have always considered Tiger to be obtuse, but have always attributed it him having so much to lose. I don't really care for the guy, but, if he makes a comment that offends people it's a huge deal.
    If someone like Skippy Kendall makes the same sort of comment, nobody, with the exception of Skippy's mother, will care.
    IMO Phil has never been a whiner. If you want to see the epitome of a whiner, look no further than Diva Love...uh...I mean Davis Love lll.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    People keep saying Tiger needs to go back to Butch. Maybe what he really needs is to take a year off from competitive play and rediscover the joy of just playing.
    Excellent point! Did you see the joy in Phil's face as he walked up to his ball in the 18th fairway? Just a big smile. I also heard, second-hand, that Phil was making jokes about how much easier it is to play from the fairway. Phil looked relaxed for a guy entering his 40-something major with no wins and all the pressure of the media.

We were talking about this at lunch today, maybe Tiger needs to find out that the game is fun again, that it is a game!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    Excellent point! Did you see the joy in Phil's face as he walked up to his ball in the 18th fairway? Just a big smile. I also heard, second-hand, that Phil was making jokes about how much easier it is to play from the fairway. Phil looked relaxed for a guy entering his 40-something major with no wins and all the pressure of the media.

We were talking about this at lunch today, maybe Tiger needs to find out that the game is fun again, that it is a game!
    That is a great point indeed. Phil looked like he was enjoying the whole tourney. Even when he made a bad shot, he was quick to rebound 'emotionally' from it. Tiger was getting more and more frustrated, and I didn't see him smile until the 18th hole. At least he was laughing with his playing partner.

Phil's disposition was likely due in large part to the huge galleries that were following HIM around. Normally he tends to draw a second-tier gallery because everyone is watching Tiger. This time, he was feeding off the love.

I think that the idea of Tiger taking a year off would be a good idea. He is already playing fewer and fewer tournaments. Of course, there's always some excuse when he plays bad (at the Masters they were saying that he was brutally ill :shake ). Really the concept of having fun playing golf (for more money than I'm likely to see in my lifetime) is one that almost all of us can relate to. Tiger needs to rediscover that feeling.

Dan

Where do you get the idea that Phil acts like a baby? Is this all just from when he dissed Tiger's equipment (and in the process complimented Tiger's skill)?

Besides which, this isn't about Phil Mickelson, it's about Tiger Woods.

Personally, I think instead of arguing about "my daddy's bigger than your daddy", we should accept that perhaps we're all correct in cheering for who we cheer for. Some people like Tiger, some like Phil, some like both, some like neither. Is anyone more right than anyone else?

Dan
    That is a great point indeed. Phil looked like he was enjoying the whole tourney. Even when he made a bad shot, he was quick to rebound 'emotionally' from it. Tiger was getting more and more frustrated, and I didn't see him smile until the 18th hole. At least he was laughing with his playing partner.

Phil's disposition was likely due in large part to the huge galleries that were following HIM around. Normally he tends to draw a second-tier gallery because everyone is watching Tiger. This time, he was feeding off the love.

I think that the idea of Tiger taking a year off would be a good idea. He is already playing fewer and fewer tournaments. Of course, there's always some excuse when he plays bad (at the Masters they were saying that he was brutally ill :shake ). Really the concept of having fun playing golf (for more money than I'm likely to see in my lifetime) is one that almost all of us can relate to. Tiger needs to rediscover that feeling.

Dan
    I have posted a few about that. I am not going there again. But I understand you that we are all correct to cheering for who we cheer for. I cheer for tiger and I cheer for Phil and whoever is playing well but I do keep my respect for Tiger too.
    How do we know if he is having fun or not. Is it because of the game mask he puts on any time he plays. He has been competing all his life at every level. If he was not been enjoying it, you think he would have done this much.
    Who the hell am I to tell Tiger to enjoy a game that he has mastered. I am not going to tell him enjoy the game or take a year of because I don't like your game mask. Comm on guys, you seem like the bowl that is hotter than the soup inside. Let him be his own coach, let him be himself, let him enjoy the game the way he wants it, I enjoy the competition and enjoy everything that he has brought to the game. I am having fun with it. I enjoy watching him play when he has that mask on, if he takes it off, then he is not playing his game. he is playing somebodys' else game. After all isn't he just playing the game?

Farzin, I'm not disagreeing with you at all. It's just that you are stating things like Tiger wearing his mask as though it's a fact, while I'm just speculating that lately his head doesn't seem as into the game as it was two years ago. The main difference (the only two things that have really changed as far as I know) is that Tiger dumped his coach (for whatever reason) and picked up that Swedish woman. Since then, his results are not up to his usual standards (with a few exceptions).

It's just an opinion, so don't feel like you have to argue with me about it. I'm not trying to convince anyone to dislike Tiger. I'm just saying that I personally do!

Cheers,
    Dan

Big_duck
    I have posted a few about that. I am not going there again. But I understand you that we are all correct to cheering for who we cheer for. I cheer for tiger and I cheer for Phil and whoever is playing well but I do keep my respect for Tiger too.
    How do we know if he is having fun or not. Is it because of the game mask he puts on any time he plays. He has been competing all his life at every level. If he was not been enjoying it, you think he would have done this much.
    Who the hell am I to tell Tiger to enjoy a game that he has mastered. I am not going to tell him enjoy the game or take a year of because I don't like your game mask. Comm on guys, you seem like the bowl that is hotter than the soup inside. Let him be his own coach, let him be himself, let him enjoy the game the way he wants it, I enjoy the competition and enjoy everything that he has brought to the game. I am having fun with it. I enjoy watching him play when he has that mask on, if he takes it off, then he is not playing his game. he is playing somebodys' else game. After all isn't he just playing the game?
    You misunderstand, I was not saying it to take a shot at him, it was actually a suggestion to get him back into the form he was in pre 'Tiger Slam' days.

One of the nice things about golf is you don't need the 'game face' for the entire game, just from pre-shot routine to follow through. Look at the players that have longevity on the tour like Jack, Arnie, Travino. These guys were all tough competitors, but between shots, they really seemed to enjoy themselves out there.

Daly tried it the sponsors way; cut out the booze, took everything seriously ... and tanked. Now he's out there enjoying himself and contending again.

blah, blah, blah, Tiger, blah, blah, blah, Tiger...

Seriously though, there is no disputing Tiger's talent. As I mentioned in a previous post, he is arguably the best golfer ever. He has some records to break yet, and he may do so. He is not my favourite player. I just find that his image based on TV appearances and staged events like commercials, differs greatly from the person who is on the golf course. And this may differ greatly from the person who he is in his private life, which I hope we never find out as I feel strongly that a person's private life, even though they are a public figure, is there own.

I saw Tiger up close for four straight days. The only time I wasn't with him was when he was in the clubhouse. But when he headed to the putting green, driving range, first tee, I was there, looking for cameras, cell phones, people jostling in the crowd. If I ever hear "Tiger, you're the man" again, it will be too soon. Tiger's fans are fanatical, probably not unlike Arnie's Army that was around in his time. Tiger has brought attention to the game, for good and for bad as times must change.

I would just like to see Tiger treat the kids a bit better, because the look in their eyes when he walks right by with no acknowledgement, is one of the saddest looks I have ever seen.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

You misunderstand, I was not saying it to take a shot at him, it was actually a suggestion to get him back into the form he was in pre 'Tiger Slam' days.

One of the nice things about golf is you don't need the 'game face' for the entire game, just from pre-shot routine to follow through. Look at the players that have longevity on the tour like Jack, Arnie, Travino. These guys were all tough competitors, but between shots, they really seemed to enjoy themselves out there.

Daly tried it the sponsors way; cut out the booze, took everything seriously ... and tanked. Now he's out there enjoying himself and contending again.
    Agreed Big duck, although I admire all the guys that you mentioned for their game and their conducts, I also beleive that not every budy can perform the same or do same under same mind frame. It might take me more concentration to do a simpe task than you. I like Tiger for what he is, also phil and Big Jhon. It's more fun to have them all and enjoy them all as we can.

I would just like to see Tiger treat the kids a bit better, because the look in their eyes when he walks right by with no acknowledgement, is one of the saddest looks I have ever seen.

I hope he does that too. Also I hear he attends kids clincs and stuff like that, but maybe it's never enough what he does and he has to do more and give back more to golf fans.
    now don't forget to bring your A game on Friday.

I hope he does that too. Also I hear he attends kids clincs and stuff like that, but maybe it's never enough what he does and he has to do more and give back more to golf fans.
    Of course he attends kids clinics and other PR events, it's all image. What I am saying is that image and what he is like when he doesn't have to do those things is completely different!
    Colby

Andru
    Of course he attends kids clinics and other PR events, it's all image. What I am saying is that image and what he is like when he doesn't have to do those things is completely different!
    That's pretty cynical considering you admitted you don't really know him.

Just a note. He was actually going to fort brag to do a golf clinic with the kids. His Idea. ( his Dad's and ex beret ) He decided to do 4 days of training after the fact.

Just a note. He was actually going to fort brag to do a golf clinic with the kids. His Idea. ( his Dad's and ex beret ) He decided to do 4 days of training after the fact.
    The free world will be a safer place once Tiger puts in his 4 days.....

Watch out Osama!!!!

Dan

That's pretty cynical considering you admitted you don't really know him.

You are correct, it's a cynical point of view based on what I have seen. Tiger's winnings on the PGA Tour are pocket change compared to what he makes from endorsements. Forbes has him listed at 70 million in 2003 - http://www.forbes.com/finance/lists/...atatype=Person, which makes his PGA Tour winnings in the 18 events, approximately half of the events, at less than 10% of his total earnings. He makes his money by appearances and endorsements, one of which is the golf clinic with the kids. The training thing may or may not be a publicity stunt, who is to say, you can't!

It is your choice to idolize Tiger, I have stated that I respect the man's game, I don't necessarily respect the man, and he probably doesn't care about me either! I'm saying it appears to me that he is being a a bit hypocritical to make the commercials with kids, to spend time with kids on arranged visits and then ignore them at the course once the golf is over for the day. Which I have seen on five occasions, once in December 2002, and four times in June of 2003.
    Colby

2 Iron yun is on a distinguished road

i'm gonna get yelled at for this... but...

I don't care if Tiger gets pissed and hits the ground with his club. The guy is human and he's playing with a heck of alot my pressure then any of us can imagine. I can tell you there's a heck of alot worse people out there that get pissed and show it in worse ways. I've seen people snap/throw/break clubs, amongst other things. It's not fair for us to write how bad of a role model that he is because there's no way we can relate to what he has to go through and his mental process. Look at Pat Perez... I've seen that guy beat the crap out of a tee box like it's nobodys business because of a bad tee shot - now that guy's got issues. You don't see that get picked apart (i'm not saying it's right, but just as an example). . And for the record, I'm actually not a Tiger fan... i really don't like him as a player - but not for his behaviour on the course. I'm sure everyone out there has gotten pissed at work before and handled it in less than reputable ways. You're human.

Tiger woods may be a golf god, but he's still a person regardless, and I think alot of people forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by yun
    I don't care if Tiger gets pissed and hits the ground with his club. The guy is human and he's playing with a heck of alot my pressure then any of us can imagine. I can tell you there's a heck of alot worse people out there that get pissed and show it in worse ways. I've seen people snap/throw/break clubs, amongst other things. It's not fair for us to write how bad of a role model that he is because there's no way we can relate to what he has to go through and his mental process. Look at Pat Perez... I've seen that guy beat the crap out of a tee box like it's nobodys business because of a bad tee shot - now that guy's got issues. You don't see that get picked apart (i'm not saying it's right, but just as an example). . And for the record, I'm actually not a Tiger fan... i really don't like him as a player - but not for his behaviour on the course. I'm sure everyone out there has gotten pissed at work before and handled it in less than reputable ways. You're human.

Tiger woods may be a golf god, but he's still a person regardless, and I think alot of people forget that.
    All I said was that I DONT respect someone who does that...he can do it if he wants. I won't want my kids emulating poor sportsman conduct. By the way Yun, he did this in a Major event, final day, when he was 12 strokes ahead, coming into the 17th hole. Sad.

LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by yun

Yun, I wish he would be more human! If he wants to rant and rave, that's his perogative, and I think he winds himself up so tightly he is always on edge while he is playing a round, be it a major, or a charity event. What I don't like is the image that has been made of Tiger by his handlers that he is this great omnipotent being. His handlers, read IMG, have him so licensed that they told Mike Weir not to sign pictures of Tiger giving him the green jacket! Tiger appears in staged events for the First Tee, or his own foundation, and then ignores kids at events, including charity events. It's really sad when I overhear a marshall at the Skins game tell a disappointed kid that Tiger has already signed his one signature for the day.

Smoke and mirrors, unfortunately, from my perspective.
    Colby

It's really sad when I overhear a marshall at the Skins game tell a disappointed kid that Tiger has already signed his one signature for the day.

Totally agree...but that's the 21st century isn't it? Money, money, money...forget everything else....

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Woods
    Totally agree...but that's the 21st century isn't it? Money, money, money...forget everything else....
    Okay, everyone who agrees with Deep Woods here, send all your money to: broken27

Dan

Andru
    You are correct, it's a cynical point of view based on what I have seen. Tiger's winnings on the PGA Tour are pocket change compared to what he makes from endorsements. Forbes has him listed at 70 million in 2003 - http://www.forbes.com/finance/lists/...atatype=Person, which makes his PGA Tour winnings in the 18 events, approximately half of the events, at less than 10% of his total earnings. He makes his money by appearances and endorsements, one of which is the golf clinic with the kids. The training thing may or may not be a publicity stunt, who is to say, you can't!

It is your choice to idolize Tiger, I have stated that I respect the man's game, I don't necessarily respect the man, and he probably doesn't care about me either! I'm saying it appears to me that he is being a a bit hypocritical to make the commercials with kids, to spend time with kids on arranged visits and then ignore them at the course once the golf is over for the day. Which I have seen on five occasions, once in December 2002, and four times in June of 2003.
    So Tiger is getting paid to do the clinic at a US military base? I'm sure that's not at all what you were getting at. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. That would really really cynical.

I've seen him once in 2000 at the bell canadian open. and 6 times at the PGA in Rochester last year. He signed hundreds of autographs. From what I've seen he's a good guy. He smiled during his practice rounds and joked around with 'MO' on the tee.

I really don't expect the guy to be Fuzzy or Jake. I don't think anyone should. He plays better when he's focused. That's his thing. People don't pay to see him tell jokes. They pay to see him hit 270 yard 2 irons.

Like I said given the demands on him. Which far and away exceed anything. Jack, Arnie or Gary had to deal with. He's done a good job balancing his emotions and fame.

If you don't like him. It's your opinion. I'll pull for. I actually don't root against anyone. I kind of pull for everyone to do well. Even the people I compete against.

That's just me. And that's how "the cookie crumbles!" Just saw the movie pretty funny.

Sand Wedge McGavin is on a distinguished road

It's unbelievable what I am reading!!!!!!!

Think about what you guys are really saying... realistically what is the worst thing you can say that Tiger has really done? If Tiger signed every autograph in front of him he would never leave the course... literally. I really don't think anybody has taken the time to really think about what this guy must go through every time he tees it up. It ain't like the old days. I keep hearing everyone talk about how good Jack and Lee and Fuzzy were... well guess what? They all play on the champions tour... and guess what? nobody cares. So lets go back to why Tiger's on TV so much.... because people want to see him. Thats right... has anyone noticed how much golf's popularity has risen? how about the TV ratings and contracts? how about the prize money? mmmm what could it be? Why are the events that Tiger's in A) worth so much more
    B) draw so many more people c) double the TV ratings? It's because people want to
    see Tiger. period.

Let me give you guys a quick lesson on how golf tournament coverage works. On saturday and sunday the tee times are in order of ranking in that particular tournament.. meaning the players who have the worst score tee off in the morning and the leaders tee off last. Also the networks always broadcast in the mid to late afternoon to follow the leaders... so if Tiger is among those in contention he will be shown... if not then he won't. I watched the entire Masters coverage of the final round and they hardly showed any Tiger because he was way back. Can anyone dispute this? As for the 1st two rounds.... I WOULD rather see the best players play... because if its some guy ranked 134th in the world who shot a 66... I know he isn't going to be there on Sunday... thats just the way golf is. Why didn't they show Justin Rose??? because he was finished his round by the time the coverage started! He teed up at 8:22 a.m..... the coverage started at 4??? The letter F beside the -5
    of his score on top of the leaderboard actually indicated that he had completed his round. I feel sorry for all the people who saw this but were tuning in anxiously to see Justin Rose play.
    It is so often the time that people are searching for excuses to diss Tiger... this thread started as a post regarding a funny commercial Tiger made and a bunch of Tiger haters jumped in to say how bad he is... why?? Daly is an alcoholic who beat his wife.... admittedly.. but everyone still loves him because he represents " the common
    man". But this same forum was filled with compliments when he won.
    Also Tiger never said another guy one because he played his "B" game... that is totally incorrect. If he is in the media tent being asked how he played after shooting 73 what do you think he is going to say??? Oh I played great but somebody played better??? wrong. Golf is an individual sport. You can only control what you do... most golfers understand this, Tiger certainly does. And all of you know it too. Think of what you regularly shoot... now add 10. Did you play bad because the other guy played good. Do you attribute your bad play to the fact that the other guy you were playing with played well??? In golf all you can control is your own game... Thats it!!!
    I have heard Tiger say he had his B game... what is wrong with that?? do you play your best every round?? The media probably asked him how he played. Not how the other guy played.

Anyways... as far as role models go.. its very difficult to find them in golf or any other sport for that matter. Personally I don't think pro athletes should be role models.. period.

Having said all this I don't agree with everything Tiger does. He is quite immature on the course and with the amount of mental "discipline" he supposedly has you would think he didn't have to swear as much as he does. He does act like a little bit of a b*tch. But I am sure if I saw other golfers as much as Tiger I would say the same thing. I know personally I have seen that from Phil, Vijay, Ernie, Fred, Jack, Arnie, Lee etc... golf is a very frustarting game... in case you haven't noticed.

It appears I have written quite the novel here.. to be honest I have had quite a few drinks with the Sens winning and everything.. (go sens!)... but I have re-read it and decided that this is pretty much my opinion on the issue... and I do expect some rebuttal in return...

McGavin

Birdie flagolfnut is on a distinguished road

Tiger's the best

I've read and read the responses people have out there, but I don't quite get what all of you are saying or trying to get at. It's simple, Tiger is the best golfer in the world, end of story. He will win at least 1 major this year, he will probably win player of the year again, and the way he acts on the golf course has nothing to do with who he is off the golf course. He is focused on the course, and yes he does sign autographs, I have been to 2 events in which I followed Tiger for 18 holes, and yes it's true he doesn't acknowledge the crowd like other players might do, but that's just the way he is on the course, he's focused, he's determined to win and that's why he wins so much. There's nothing wrong with Tiger, he will break Nicklaus' records he will go down in history as the best player ever, if you don't like him that's fine, and if you think he's simply a "money making machine" that's fine, but you will see that he is the player to beat every time he's in a tournament, simply because HE IS THE BEST GOLFER IN THE WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by McGavin
    Think about what you guys are really saying... realistically what is the worst thing you can say that Tiger has really done? If Tiger signed every autograph in front of him he would never leave the course... literally. I really don't think anybody has taken the time to really think about what this guy must go through every time he tees it up. It ain't like the old days. I keep hearing everyone talk about how good Jack and Lee and Fuzzy were... well guess what? They all play on the champions tour... and guess what? nobody cares. So lets go back to why Tiger's on TV so much.... because people want to see him. Thats right... has anyone noticed how much golf's popularity has risen? how about the TV ratings and contracts? how about the prize money? mmmm what could it be? Why are the events that Tiger's in A) worth so much more
    B) draw so many more people c) double the TV ratings? It's because people want to
    see Tiger. period.

Let me give you guys a quick lesson on how golf tournament coverage works. On saturday and sunday the tee times are in order of ranking in that particular tournament.. meaning the players who have the worst score tee off in the morning and the leaders tee off last. Also the networks always broadcast in the mid to late afternoon to follow the leaders... so if Tiger is among those in contention he will be shown... if not then he won't. I watched the entire Masters coverage of the final round and they hardly showed any Tiger because he was way back. Can anyone dispute this? As for the 1st two rounds.... I WOULD rather see the best players play... because if its some guy ranked 134th in the world who shot a 66... I know he isn't going to be there on Sunday... thats just the way golf is. Why didn't they show Justin Rose??? because he was finished his round by the time the coverage started! He teed up at 8:22 a.m..... the coverage started at 4??? The letter F beside the -5
    of his score on top of the leaderboard actually indicated that he had completed his round. I feel sorry for all the people who saw this but were tuning in anxiously to see Justin Rose play.
    It is so often the time that people are searching for excuses to diss Tiger... this thread started as a post regarding a funny commercial Tiger made and a bunch of Tiger haters jumped in to say how bad he is... why?? Daly is an alcoholic who beat his wife.... admittedly.. but everyone still loves him because he represents " the common
    man". But this same forum was filled with compliments when he won.
    Also Tiger never said another guy one because he played his "B" game... that is totally incorrect. If he is in the media tent being asked how he played after shooting 73 what do you think he is going to say??? Oh I played great but somebody played better??? wrong. Golf is an individual sport. You can only control what you do... most golfers understand this, Tiger certainly does. And all of you know it too. Think of what you regularly shoot... now add 10. Did you play bad because the other guy played good. Do you attribute your bad play to the fact that the other guy you were playing with played well??? In golf all you can control is your own game... Thats it!!!
    I have heard Tiger say he had his B game... what is wrong with that?? do you play your best every round?? The media probably asked him how he played. Not how the other guy played.

Anyways... as far as role models go.. its very difficult to find them in golf or any other sport for that matter. Personally I don't think pro athletes should be role models.. period.

Having said all this I don't agree with everything Tiger does. He is quite immature on the course and with the amount of mental "discipline" he supposedly has you would think he didn't have to swear as much as he does. He does act like a little bit of a b*tch. But I am sure if I saw other golfers as much as Tiger I would say the same thing. I know personally I have seen that from Phil, Vijay, Ernie, Fred, Jack, Arnie, Lee etc... golf is a very frustarting game... in case you haven't noticed.

It appears I have written quite the novel here.. to be honest I have had quite a few drinks with the Sens winning and everything.. (go sens!)... but I have re-read it and decided that this is pretty much my opinion on the issue... and I do expect some rebuttal in return...

McGavin
    Thanks for the condescending lesson. Maybe, before you tell me what was covered, you should have seen all the coverage: Thursday was all Tiger, while many great scores were scored.

Second, I don't watch for Tiger, and I know many who don't. You do. That's great. Don't tell me Tiger is bigger than golf, thats bull-pucky...anyone whos been around knows it...

Third, Tiger is best in the world NOW. The best in the world EVER was/is Jack Nicklaus.

Fourth, Tiger is about money. No one is saying he isn't great, I'm just saying a better role model for kids would be nice.

Fifth, to say "I had my B game today" AUTOMATICALLY IMPLIES that he could have beaten the winner, INSTEAD of saying "WELL DONE SO AND SO".

And to see all the comments on the forum, I see sportsmanship values are GONE GONE GONE.

Yun, I wish he would be more human! If he wants to rant and rave, that's his perogative, and I think he winds himself up so tightly he is always on edge while he is playing a round, be it a major, or a charity event. What I don't like is the image that has been made of Tiger by his handlers that he is this great omnipotent being. His handlers, read IMG, have him so licensed that they told Mike Weir not to sign pictures of Tiger giving him the green jacket! Tiger appears in staged events for the First Tee, or his own foundation, and then ignores kids at events, including charity events. It's really sad when I overhear a marshall at the Skins game tell a disappointed kid that Tiger has already signed his one signature for the day.

[QUOTE=Colby]blah, blah, blah, Tiger, blah, blah, blah, Tiger...

I just wonder Colby, If these things that you say about Tiger are true, Then how is it that he has the most crowd follwing him at every event, are these people blind or you can only see. What's wrong with you guys. Where is all these fan base comming from. Are you sure you are talking about same person that has been on the top of the golf word for the last few years or you somebody that you don't like. It's Ok if you don't like him but, Please don't tell him how to run his life. There are professional people that wacth every move he makes and advice him on everythig he does. Give every body a break and stop bashing Tiger please. If you don't like watching him play, turn around or even better turn the TV off. enough is enough.

I just wonder Colby, If these things that you say about Tiger are true, Then how is it that he has the most crowd follwing him at every event, are these people blind or you can only see. What's wrong with you guys. Where is all these fan base comming from. Are you sure you are talking about same person that has been on the top of the golf word for the last few years or you somebody that you don't like. It's Ok if you don't like him but, Please don't tell him how to run his life. There are professional people that wacth every move he makes and advice him on everythig he does. Give every body a break and stop bashing Tiger please. If you don't like watching him play, turn around or even better turn the TV off. enough is enough.
    A lot of people want to support the number 1 guy, especially in the US. Have you not seen the US College football or basketball fanaticism? A US College football game gets 100,000+ people out in the stands. If someone else were to come along and start winning a bunch of tournaments, Tiger would be dropped by a large number of fans in a heartbeat, it's the survival of the fittest.

And I'm not telling him how to run his life, I don't like the way he acts, which is my opinion, which I'm pretty sure that Tiger doesn't give a crap about, I don't know he hasn't called me lately And I believe that if Tiger doesn't make some changes, he's going to fade away in the next few years, at minimum have a slump. Keeping a focus like he does for so long, probably close to 20+ years, has to take it's toll on both body and mind.

And I also never said I disliked watching him play. I like to watch good golf, no matter who is playing. Just show me the good golf, not a possibility of good golf.
    Colby

Thread Information