Ya see Tiger's not a total Stiff.

http://www.gopher.digisle.tv/

Cheers
    dbleber:

Very funny!
    Denny

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road

Tiger is going funnier...

I've seen that ad a couple months ago... or was it one month ago... regardless, Tiger has been making funnier ads lately. A couple ones with Nike (who can forget Charles Barkley's approach with the new Slingshots?), and that Amex one. Good for him. Maybe he needs that laughing outside the golf course
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by nice_lag
    I've seen that ad a couple months ago... or was it one month ago... regardless, Tiger has been making funnier ads lately. A couple ones with Nike (who can forget Charles Barkley's approach with the new Slingshots?), and that Amex one. Good for him. Maybe he needs that laughing outside the golf course
    Teh Barkley one is hilarious! I know charles has fixed the little gitch in his swing but it was pretty funny while he did it.

2 Iron yun is on a distinguished road

eh...

I think tiger would be a pretty cool guy to hang out with - even before the ads. People say he's too serious and stuff, but if you were playing for a million bucks, I doubt you'd be dickin' around on the course either. And on top of all that, you have the pressure of world on top of you to succeed. Lets cut the guy some slack out there.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yun
    I think tiger would be a pretty cool guy to hang out with - even before the ads. People say he's too serious and stuff, but if you were playing for a million bucks, I doubt you'd be dickin' around on the course either. And on top of all that, you have the pressure of world on top of you to succeed. Lets cut the guy some slack out there.
    I've seen Tiger at two events, The Buick Classic down in NY where I marshalled and was on Tiger's security group for four days, and at the Skins game in 2002 in Palm Desert, CA. It doesn't matter if it's for a million dollars, which it wasn't at the Buick as Tiger was long out of the running, or for charity, Tiger's attitude is terrible. He gets good PR with these ads, or other ads where he is talking/teaching kids for the First Tee program. It's not like that. He's such a role model, but will hardly stop for an autograph, he just stares off into space as he is walking back to the clubhouse after the round. Kids all over, and not a glance.

Tiger chose to become a superstar golfer. He could have done a lot of things. Work in the 7-11, deliver mail, become a doctor. Instead he became a golfer. Arguably the best golfer ever. What he doesn't need is that Eminem attitude of "poor me, I'm famous and I have to put up with the cameras and autograph seekers". You know what Tiger, give all of your money back, and do something else with your life.

Yes, very clever ad, and very good marketing by the guys at IMG to make Tiger a little morew down to earth. These are also the same guys who told Mike Weir not to sign pictures of Tiger putting the green jacket on him.

What would the world of golf be without Tiger? Maybe the Air Canada Classic would still be held. Maybe tournaments would not be considered to be A and B class. Maybe tournaments wouldn't need $5M in purse monies.

A lot of people have gotten rich because Tiger is golfing, and all the power to them. I dislike it when they complain about it.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    Tiger chose to become a superstar golfer. He could have done a lot of things. Work in the 7-11, deliver mail, become a doctor. Instead he became a golfer. Arguably the best golfer ever. What he doesn't need is that Eminem attitude of "poor me, I'm famous and I have to put up with the cameras and autograph seekers". You know what Tiger, give all of your money back, and do something else with your life.

What would the world of golf be without Tiger? Maybe the Air Canada Classic would still be held. Maybe tournaments would not be considered to be A and B class. Maybe tournaments wouldn't need $5M in purse monies.

A lot of people have gotten rich because Tiger is golfing, and all the power to them. I dislike it when they complain about it.
    Finally Colby, you used your language skills to put out a few good words for Tiger on this Forum. Well said Colby. Only if you could have played golf that well

What would the world of golf be without Tiger?
    A game for a selected group of boring and relativley reach people.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Here are some other views of Tiger:

http://www.tigerwoodsfoundation.org/...&sid=941&lid=1

I'm sure Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky did not sign every autograph that was asked of them. I'm not saying I'm a Tiger fan, just looking at it from the other side of the coin.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Was talking about AT the golf course. Not other functions outside the tournaments. He is just not a people person on the course.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    Was talking about AT the golf course. Not other functions outside the tournaments. He is just not a people person on the course.
    That I agree with you. A few crowd high-fives goes a long way.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    EDSGOLF
    That I agree with you. A few crowd high-fives goes a long way.
    How about a :groupwave surronding the 15th hole at Glen Abbey, started in part by Fuzzy and Jack, during a rain delay. I was there in 1988(or so), and THAT was fun for those two and a memory for myself and hundreds of others that were there. I still have the visor Jack signed for me inside the ropes on the first tee.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Thread Information