100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    7 Wood scooby103 is on a distinguished road

Loaded Gaming Computer

Up for grabs is my gaming computer. I just don't use it enough anymore and my laptop does everything I need.

Parts are listed below with the prices. I have gotten these prices of local merchants to show what the parts are going for TODAY and not when I built the system about 9 months ago.

Part Part Model / Manufacturer Retail Price
    Motherboard XFX nForce 780I SLI INTEL SOCKET 775DDR2 $303.00
    Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale $239.99
    Case NZXT Lexa Aluminum W/WINDOW 500W PSU BLACK $212.00
    Power Supply OCZ ModXStream Pro Power Supply OCZ600MXSP $104.00
    Memory RAM OCZ SLI-Ready Dual Channel 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2x2048MB) $59.99
    Memory RAM OCZ SLI-Ready Dual Channel 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2x2048MB) $59.99
    Hard Drive Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKB 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive $98.00
    Hard Drive Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKB 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive $98.00
    Video Card GF 8800GTS 640MB DDR3 DUAL DVI TV $406.80 $180.00
    DVD / CD Rom LG DVDRW 22X SATA LS BLACK $43.00
    Water Cooling Thermaltake Big Water SE CL-W0005-01 $150.00

$1,547.97

Monitor Samsung SyncMaster 245BW $350.00

$1,897.97

I have never over clocked this PC, however if you know computers you will know that all the parts I have listed will easily over clock, and can actually be done from software provided by Nvidia on the PC. I buy over clockable parts under the theory that they will last longer under regular usage, which has at least been true for me. Computer is extremely quiet.

You will see that some parts are listed twice. That's because there are 2 of them in the computer. For instance there are 2 4GB SLI RAM kits in this computer, so a total of 8GB of RAM. And yes, I'm currently running 64 bit to support it.
    You will see prices beside the Video Card. This shows what I paid, and the best price I can find now on eBay since the card is no longer made. I had 2 of these cards but sold the other one as I didn't need SLI. That being said, 2 of these cards in SLI will perform better then the top end graphics cards on the market today. Look online for reviews and you will see the truth.

I have 2 500 GB Hard Drives currently in the PC, not in RAID. I was using one for pure storage and the other for operating / install of programs and partitioned for a caching area for intensive programs.

And yes, water cooled. One of the best water cooling setups on the market, in a lot of ways works similar to a car cooling system with a radiator, reservoir and a thermo to increase cooling / fan speed as necessary.

The motherboard on this computer contains Tri SLI, so in essence you can run 3 video cards.

Case is sweet with LCD on it to show 3 different temperature sensors that are laid out in the case.

Amazing 24" Wide Screen LCD is available for the right price included with the system.

I will not part out the system, sold as an entire bundle, with the exception of the Monitor. I will sell the monitor separately but ONLY if the computer is sold first.

I also have a G15 Gaming Keyboard, which retails for nearly $150.00 and a Microsoft Sidewinder gaming mouse that is $75.00 as well.

Also, 5.1 channel Logitech THX surround system with an amazing HUGE powered sub woofer. I you not that with the sound card on this machine it sounds better then most peoples home theaters.

All in all a computer worth well over $2000.00 and I would pit against almost any system on the market today. Over clocked I would bet it would surpass most other machines, if that's your thing.

I would prefer to sell it as an entire bundle, so the person who has the best REASONABLE offer on the whole kit gets it.

Currently has Vista Ultimate 64 bit with all updates installed and running flawlessly.

I can install the OS of your choice, including most Linux builds. If I were you I would stick with the Vista 64 bit though... it runs without issues and looks pretty.

Oh, and if you follow the Windows Index rating system it has a 5.8 out of a maximum of 6. For those who follow these things, even the Alien and XPS monster PC's only get 5.9, and they retail for around 4K.

Best REASONABLE offer.

As per the forum rules $1500.00 and a goat, or best REASONABLE offer.
    Last edited by scooby103; 03-13-2009 at 02:23 PM. Reason: asked to include a price...
    The difference between involvement and commitment are like a egg and ham breakfast, the chicken was involved, the pig was commited.

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    As per forum rules please post an asking price, you cannot only list things as best offer.

Thanks.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby103 View Post
    Best REASONABLE offer.

As per the forum rules $1500.00 and a goat, or best REASONABLE offer.
    Sorry, your asking price is $1500 AND a goat?
    Andrew

Hey Andrew,

The goat is obviously a joke (or maybe not so obviously). Hahaha.

I originally posted the computer as simply best offer, and was informed that I needed to post a price, so I put one... including a goat.

I'm looking for Best Offer... or $1500.00. Again, send me any offers, if they are REASONABLE they will be entertained.

Cheers,

S.
    The difference between involvement and commitment are like a egg and ham breakfast, the chicken was involved, the pig was commited.

Bump

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I'll give you just the goat!

But you can't use it for what I think you might.....
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Thread Information