+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafs
    Deleted By Moderator.
    wow, that was some of the most ignorant, inane drivel i've read in a long time. very entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    Man, that gorilla has to be getting heavy!

The major problem with the Sens is that they don't play as a team. It's nice to have a bunch of highly skilled players who can score a boat-load of goals in the regular season, but until they start supporting each other they won't win when it counts.

There's only 3 guys on that roster that I would take. Fisher, White, and Chara. Those guys show up to play every night. The Leafs could have easily had Bondra or Gonchar but they're not team players, never have been. Sure, the Leafs got older when Ferguson picked up Leetch and Francis, but he learned from his old man the value of team, and it shows in their roster.

Shame on Muckler for not doing the same. It's not so long ago that he had his hands on one of the best TEAMS of all time. Too bad he forgot that.
    i agree with you 100%. The problem is, muckler and martin have completely opposing viewpoints. Muckler tried to toughen up this year, getting Ray and Simpson, but Martin wouldn't play them. I would have much rather seen Simpson in the lineup than the highly inexperienced Pothier. The truth is, when you have a coach and a GM who don't see eye to eye, its hard to make effective moves.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf
    i agree with you 100%. The problem is, muckler and martin have completely opposing viewpoints. Muckler tried to toughen up this year, getting Ray and Simpson, but Martin wouldn't play them. I would have much rather seen Simpson in the lineup than the highly inexperienced Pothier. The truth is, when you have a coach and a GM who don't see eye to eye, its hard to make effective moves.
    I don't think this problem will persist

Snes fans relax remember the Red Wings. They had this problem of losing in the first round too. They'll break out of it and win a bunch of cups. They have the core and that's all they need. The pieces will fall into place.

Andru
    deleted by moderator
    I am a leaf fan buddy. Read my posts! Just because I can handle winning a series. I'm not satisfied with a series win. I want a cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    I don't think this problem will persist

Snes fans relax remember the Red Wings. They had this problem of losing in the first round too. They'll break out of it and win a bunch of cups. They have the core and that's all they need. The pieces will fall into place.
    They've had that same "core" for years, and they keep losing. That's the mentality that ensure the Sens continuing playoff futility. Every year, we say that we got sooooo close, so we keep the team the same, but its that same core that fails us year after year: Lalime, Bonk, Havlat, Redden, Alfie.... and the list goes on. All great players in their own right, during the REGULAR SEASON. Too bad the regular season doesn't matter. Give me a team that inches into the playoffs but runs over the competition in the post season and i'd be much happier than watching the same bunch of failures for 89 games. yep, 89, cuz they'll never play more that 7 playoff games in a year.

Putter Leafs is on a distinguished road

Talking hhaa trying to jump on the bandwagon?

haha ohh now I see you asre trying to jump on the band wagon... LOL I don;t think theres any room for you..too many ppl cheering for the leafs!! I understand tho... like every sens fan shud cheer for the leafs... because belfour is the most SENSational goalie....

Andru
    haha ohh now I see you asre trying to jump on the band wagon... LOL I don;t think theres any room for you..too many ppl cheering for the leafs!! I understand tho... like every sens fan shud cheer for the leafs... because belfour is the most SENSational goalie....
    What are you talking about?? You're not a leaf fan where have you been for the last 8 months of hockey discussions?

You pop out to make some commetnas after they've won. You're the bandwagon jumper. Welcome aboard. I'm sure your ankles haven't heeled from the last time you jumped off on Sunday.

belfour is the most SENSational goalie....
    wow, what a witty play on words. only a leafs fan....

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Hey Leafs! Take your crack pipe elsewhere! This forum is for grown-ups! It's "fans" like you that piss me off because you take the game down to a whole new level. :po

I think I heard your mom calling. It must be way past your bedtime.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    Hey Leafs! Take your crack pipe elsewhere! This forum is for grown-ups! It's "fans" like you that piss me off because you take the game down to a whole new level. :po

I think I heard your mom calling. It must be way past your bedtime.
    you see, THAT was funny

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    deleted by moderator
    You're not a joker, you're a JOKE. Please don't waste everyone's time with derogatory rhetoric. You're clearly within your rights to celebrate your team's victory, but to blatantly disrespect many of the obvious rules of this forum, and also the subtle rules of casual discourse, is just plain dumb. You make the Maple Leafs, who played an admirably clean series by their standard, look like the pile of dung I always associate with it. It's not the team that sucks... It's ignorant fans.

Go Flyers, Kick "LEAFS"' ass.

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road

Please...

Mr. Leafs, please go away.

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63
    Mr. Leafs, please go away.
    Gotta be a way by the forum rules...

Dan

I knew that nonsense would come out eventually. When the sens lose it's someone else causing the demise.

As for the Canadian thing. That's your choice. This is what I see. When A canadian city like Ottawa does well in the playoffs. The local restaurants, bars etc do very well. The city thrives and the people in the city are happy. They go out. They throw parties. That's the kind of thing I wish for Canadian city's sorry for being such a homer but I am. Remember how this city bounced when they were playing the devils. I went to a party every game last year. It was great. I'm wishing that kind of success for any city in Canada including the Canadiens and the Calgary Flames. You can stay bitter. It's your choice. The sun will come up tomorrow. And if it doesn't I doubt you'll be thinking about a silly Hockey Game.
    Andru, I think you totally misunderstand where I'm coming from. Canadian thing is fine, but in hockey there's no such delineation (sp?) anymore. In hockey the world has been compressed into 30 teams that are supposedly the "best".

I'm not blaming the officials for any Sens losses. I'm commenting quite clearly that it was simply horrid officiating from start (when Sens won) to finish (when Leafs won). Anyone stupid enough to argue with me about inconsistent (not unfair) officiating, PLEASE STEP UP.

Toronto DESERVED to win, based on the performance of 1 man in 3 wins, and 1.5 men (Belfour & Nieuwendyk) in game 7.

Dan

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Leafs =

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Are you mental Leaf Fan? Havlat was burning everyone on the ice but Belfour. Bonk played the most physical hockey of his career and got tons of great scoring chances, and while Bondra didn't get any points (disappointing for SURE!), he was an asset on the PK.

DEVRIES was the worst player on the team in EACH AND EVERY GAME.

Give us Rachunek back, the Devries we bought is busted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Belfour vs. Flyers will be lame and short. Flyers can destroy Toronto. They don't have problems in physical series'. It's the same two teams playing against one another, but with one being slightly younger than the other.

GO FLYERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TAMPA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dan
    No I am not a mental leafs fan. First and foremost I am a hockey fan who happens to be a leafs fan as well. I think you need to step away from the emotional side and admit that the Sens have some problems and need to change a few things. Havlat is NOT a team player, Bonk floated for most of the series, what games were you watching.

We do agree on DeVries and Lalime and unfortunately, Jacques Martin is a nice guy, but I really don't think we will see him next year. My favourite sens player is Mike Fisher, has the stuff to be a future captain of the team I think. Back to Bonk, he has let the Sens down each series against the leafs, and he didn't do much tonight. I was impressed with Chara, Phillips, Hossa and Fisher, they seemed to step up more than the rest. What was your impression of Redden during the series, was he injured at all, didn't seem to me like he played his normal game.

Each person has an opinion, the bottom line is that the leafs beat the sens AGAIN for the 4th time in 5 years. Changes are on the way!!!!!!

GO LEAFS GO !!!!!
    Last edited by Michael; 04-21-2004 at 07:25 AM.

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar

for shame....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael
    Each person has an opinion, the bottom line is that the leafs beat the sens AGAIN for the 4th time in 5 years. Changes are on the way!!!!!!
    I'll save my Leaf bashing for until I have another cup of coffee.

Changes are on the way for sure for Ottawa. As much as Martin is a good coach, he has to leave. He's been given too many chances with one of the most talented teams in the league. He is too laid back for an explosive team like the Sens. We need a coach who will let the players carry the puck into the offensive zone and create chances instead of this dump-and-chase defensive crap. Sure, the Sens were the highest scoring team in the league but the players STILL get held back in my opinion.

Next, is Bonk. He's clumsy with the puck, overrated, and just plain not good for this team. Bye bye! Good luck with the Rangers. Give Spezza the spot and keep Vermette as a full-timer.

Finally, there's Lalime. He's still worth something and now is the perfect time to get rid of him. He's let the fans down over and over again. He needs a boost of confidence, and that won't happen if he will dawn a Sens uniform in the future. Start packing Patty.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Whining whining whining like women!

I was cheering for the Sens and unfortunately, they lost. What annoys me is that some hard-core Sens fans are quick to attack some players that did a great job but did not get the bounces. If some of you have played good competitive hockey, you must remember those playoff games that you were working you ass off but nothing was clicking. Loosing does not mean that they did not do everything in their power to win.

The Sens outplayed the leafs in most games but came out short. Belfour won this series no doubt but give the leafs credit, they blocked so many shots that could have ban goals.

I do agree that Lalime was very week when it counted but overall he played a good series. Unfortunately, he was not up to Belfour’s skill level.

What I am saying is that the Sens were doomed if they did not win the cup. Criticism was inevitable.

Jacques Martin is one of the best coaches in the NHL. Who would replace him?

Why not just stand up and applaud a good 7 game series and a good year.

The eastern conference is so strong this year that any team could get to the finals.

I am a Habs fan and I just witnessed an historical come back from the Habs. If they hade lost in game 7. I would be disappointed but happy they got there.

Go Habs Go!
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube

I was cheering for the Sens and unfortunately, they lost. What annoys me is that some hard-core Sens fans are quick to attack some players that did a great job but did not get the bounces. If some of you have played good competitive hockey, you must remember those playoff games that you were working you ass off but nothing was clicking. Loosing does not mean that they did not do everything in their power to win.

The Sens outplayed the leafs in most games but came out short. Belfour won this series no doubt but give the leafs credit, they blocked so many shots that could have ban goals.

I do agree that Lalime was very week when it counted but overall he played a good series. Unfortunately, he was not up to Belfour’s skill level.

What I am saying is that the Sens were doomed if they did not win the cup. Criticism was inevitable.

The eastern conference is so strong this year that any team could get to the finals.

I am a Habs fan and I just witnessed an historical come back from the Habs. If they hade lost in game 7. I would be disappointed but happy they got there.

Go Habs Go!

Mike,

I agree with you, Lalime, for the most part, played very well during the series, but when the team needed him the most, he let them down. Martin is a very good coach but in the results oriented pro sports leagues, he has failed to beat the hated LEAFS for the the 4th time, and I think that will cost him his job. I am not disputing his coaching ability, maybe the Sens need someone with a bit more fire, like Sutter from the Flames. I don't know who they will get to replace him but I believe he will be gone.

You are a Habs fan and I am a Leafs fan, how about a Leafs/Habs conference final ?? That would be fun !!!

GO LEAFS GO

Go Habs Go!
    Mediocrity is failure. The first time we lost to the leafs in the playoffs, we applauded a good series and a good year. The second time, we applauded a good series and said we'd get them next time. The third time, we said that it would never happen again. The fourth time, you still want us to be happy. Hockey isn't about coming second, or third, or fourth, not when you're a top team. Sure, Nashville should be applauded for a great year, despite going out in the first round. The sens are a team that should win, or at least do SOMETHING in the playoffs. It's not like this is the first time they've failed. It's a consistent pattern of excellent regular seasons, and awful playoffs. I for one, am not satisfied with failure.

Martin is a very good coach but in the results oriented pro sports leagues, he has failed to beat the hated LEAFS for the the 4th time, and I think that will cost him his job. I am not disputing his coaching ability, maybe the Sens need someone with a bit more fire, like Sutter from the Flames. I don't know who they will get to replace him but I believe he will be gone.
    I agree. He is a good coach (as I mentioned before) but not the RIGHT coach for this team. Where's Mike Keenan or Glen Sather??

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I have no argument with go flames go. They're a great team. and fun to watch. Like I said it's your choice if you want to cheer for the flyers. You remember the flyers. The team that fired Roger whenm he got cancer. Real class. Like I said. I pulled for the sens becuase they're based in Canada. and it would have been good for the city of Ottawa. But that's just me.

As for Colby.

Yikes. You have issues. I'll let you deal with that yourself.

As far as Belfour. So what. The leafs could say. Oh yeah. If you didn't have Chara the leafs would have killed you!!! The point is. YOU DIDN'T HAVE A GOALIE. Geez every team that gets beat out of the playoffs can say something. The Canucks are saying Geez "well if you didn't have Iginla we would have beat you." Geez if Tampa didn't have St Louis. We would have smoked Tampa!!! Please. save your sour grapes for the Whine!

Teams either sign great players, trade for them, or draft them. If the Sens wanted a goalie of Belfour's calibre they could have had one for say Chara, or Redden. But you DON'T want give up great players to get one. So you're stuck with Lalime. Quinn went out and got Belfour for this very reason.

Say all you want about walkers oxygen tanks, laffs. They're the ones still playing. And as a sens fan bringing up the fact that the leafs haven't won a cup in so long Is like getting your ***** kicked then while you're brusied and beaten trying to take some kind of credit for the rest of the league beating the leafs. Hiding behind the rest of the league is getting old.
    I'm not sure what issues you are talking about about, but let's skip that.

Absolutely, goaltending in Ottawa is an issue. It has been all season. I'm a fan of hockey first and foremost. I don't like the Leafs style of hockey, I don't think it adds value to the game. I don't particularly like the Flyers either. Given the two teams, I feel that the Flyers have the stronger team. The Leafs are old, but the have Belfour, and Belfour won the series against Ottawa. Looking at the teams, and the coaches, Roenick, Primeau and Brashear are going to make life miserable for Belfour. Flyers will win in the end against an aging team with questionable defence beyond Leech and McCabe.

Ferguson will make more changes and you will start to see the Leafs play with some skill in the years to come. Quinn will have to go too.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Mike,

I agree with you, Lalime, for the most part, played very well during the series, but when the team needed him the most, he let them down. Martin is a very good coach but in the results oriented pro sports leagues, he has failed to beat the hated LEAFS for the the 4th time, and I think that will cost him his job. I am not disputing his coaching ability, maybe the Sens need someone with a bit more fire, like Sutter from the Flames. I don't know who they will get to replace him but I believe he will be gone.

You are a Habs fan and I am a Leafs fan, how about a Leafs/Habs conference final ?? That would be fun !!!

GO LEAFS GO
    I think that the Flyers will run over the leafs but what the heck, I would love to see Habs and leaf go to game 7. Theo vs Belfour!!!

The problem with changing coaches is that there is no good candidates!

Obviously Lalime was week but he was a god last year. That's the problem with hockey fans. Kill him today but loved him last year. They lost last year against the devils not cause of Lalime but cause of a bad defensive play. Look at Theo in MTL, two year ago he was the best in the league. Last year he was shaky. At the beginning of the series against Boston this year everybody wanted his head and now he is the saviour.

There are 16 teams in the playoffs and there will be only one winner! All other 15 teams will be criticized.

Take Vancouver for example. The fans gave a standing ovation after the elimination game. Now that is what it is all about!

He can crack

Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    The Leafs are old, but the have Belfour, and Belfour won the series against Ottawa.
    Belfour has a 5.02 GAA vs Philly this season. Should be a short series. I just hope that they beat the hell out of eachother!

Mediocrity is failure. The first time we lost to the leafs in the playoffs, we applauded a good series and a good year. The second time, we applauded a good series and said we'd get them next time. The third time, we said that it would never happen again. The fourth time, you still want us to be happy. Hockey isn't about coming second, or third, or fourth, not when you're a top team. Sure, Nashville should be applauded for a great year, despite going out in the first round. The sens are a team that should win, or at least do SOMETHING in the playoffs. It's not like this is the first time they've failed. It's a consistent pattern of excellent regular seasons, and awful playoffs. I for one, am not satisfied with failure.
    It took 50 years for the Rangers to win another cup. When was the last time the leafs won a cup? LA ? Vancouver? Boston and the list goes on!!!!

A few years ago, buffalo was the team that the Sens had problems with. I even remember the Sens taking out the cup champions in the first round (devils).

Some people are bourn to criticize sitting on their ass watching TV!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shtick
    IWhere's Mike Keenan or Glen Sather??
    I rest my case

The problem with changing coaches is that there is no good candidates!

Take Vancouver for example. The fans gave a standing ovation after the elimination game. Now that is what it is all about!
    No good candidates? What are you saying? what the sens need is a new type of coach, an iron fisted guy who lets the players know when they suck. Iron Mike Keenan would be a perfect fit, or the long absent Ted Nolan, who brought the sabres to respectability.

Vancouver got a standing ovation because it was the best of all 8 series, and there team fought back through adversity, and all the way to overtime. The fans were emrely showing their appreciation for what was an incredible series, and an admirable show of determination. The Sens, however, had no adversity to battle through, and played a terrible final game. It's not like this is the first time they've come up short in the playoffs. Sure, so have the leafs, but you know what the leafs do when they fail? They go out and make changes to their team, you know, try to improve. What a novel idea.

Some people are bourn to criticize sitting on their ass watching TV!!!!
    Sorry, but its not like i can go out and play for the sens (ps, i could have stopped goal 2 and 3). And believe me, I'd love to be in muckler's position right now. Unfortunately, that's not gonna happen.

No good candidates? What are you saying? what the sens need is a new type of coach, an iron fisted guy who lets the players know when they suck. Iron Mike Keenan would be a perfect fit, or the long absent Ted Nolan, who brought the sabres to respectability.

Vancouver got a standing ovation because it was the best of all 8 series, and there team fought back through adversity, and all the way to overtime. The fans were emrely showing their appreciation for what was an incredible series, and an admirable show of determination. The Sens, however, had no adversity to battle through, and played a terrible final game. It's not like this is the first time they've come up short in the playoffs. Sure, so have the leafs, but you know what the leafs do when they fail? They go out and make changes to their team, you know, try to improve. What a novel idea.
    Mike Keenan! What a joke! The guy has something up his ass. His time is over! If he coaches in Ottawa I doubt they make the playoffs. The guy is an asshole and the NHL players will not play for a coach like that. What ha he done in the past years. Nothing but get fired.

The leafs have been making changes for 30 sum years now and what has that accomplished!

Ted Nolan would be a perfect fit. Him and Muckler made for a good duo.

Thread Information