CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shtick
    Man, what a nailbiter of a game tonight! We finally came through when it counted most!
    Yup, you definitely the man Shtick!!!

Great to see Fisher score the winner to extend the series. Gotta think momentum is on Ottawa's side, and the length of this overtime was ideal. Leafs might be a bit tired now.

Go Sens!!

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar

Real Time Hockey

Tonight's game and especially the overtime was a thrilling example of what good hockey should be -- fast skating combined with precise puck handling and hard hitting. And the fans enjoyed themselves despite the fact that the fighters had to leave their boxing gloves at the gate. Humm ... who said that hockey can't be exciting without the fisticuffs?

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Nice to see Fisher score the winner, I agree it was a definite nailbiter, I was waving my "Beat the Leafs" towel all night at work, especially during OT. Finish it off Tuesday boys. Go Sens Go.

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fireice
    I was waving my "Beat the Leafs" towel all night at work, especially during OT.
    I hear ya, I was wearing my Sens jersey with LEAFS SUCK written with duct tape on the back!

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Habs and Sens in Eastern conference final
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar

Say it loud and say it proud...

Okay boys and girls, say it with me...

NO SENS NO!

NO SENS NO!

NO SENS NO!
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Lalime sucks

broken27

where are you?

I hope you agree now that Lalime sucks. The difference in the series was goaltending by far. By my unknolegable hockey mind. Lalime should be no.1 to be traded or let go altogether. :reallymad
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    Okay boys and girls, say it with me...

NO SENS NO!

NO SENS NO!

NO SENS NO!
    I was realy pissed off after the game, I got home and my six year old son "David" said. I am going for Canadias, Leafs suck.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    broken27

where are you?

I hope you agree now that Lalime sucks. The difference in the series was goaltending by far. By my unknolegable hockey mind. Lalime should be no.1 to be traded or let go altogether. :reallymad
    Yes, Lalime sucked in this game...

But how can you explain scoring ONE goal in the team's four losses?

The Sens were beaten by Ed Belfour, plain and simple. He played out of his mind, and that is the ONLY reason that the Sens lost this series.

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Eddie, no power play, bad Lalime, no second round, enjoy the golf boys.

Go Flyers Go! :reallymad

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Flyers in 4
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    Flyers in 4

Yep! We'll se if Belfor can see the puck with Leclerc in his face!
    Last edited by mberube; 04-21-2004 at 08:21 AM.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    [QUOTE=sensfan63]Yes, Lalime sucked in this game...

QUOTE]

But it wasnt only in htis game that he sucked. And yes they should have scored more but Belfour was awsome and no he wont fair well aginst the Flyers. :shake
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    Flyers in 4
    Always been a Jeremy Roenick hater, but man, I am his biggest fan right now !!!

GO FLYERS !!!

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    I must say that I'm pretty happy the Habs are still playing... but now it's unfair. Sens fans will have more golf time... maybe I don't want to play on the Tour.. LOL
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    Havlat didn't show up, Bonk was a no show, Bondra did nothing, DeVries was ineffective. Face the facts you Sens fans, you got beat !!!! There will be some changes, I don't think adding 10 million in salary and then losing in the first round is going to go over very well with Mr Melnyk. I think we can say good bye to Jacques Martin, Lalime and Bonk for sure. Oh yeah, one last thing.

Go LEAFS Go !!!!!!

Andru

Belfour, Belfour, Belfour

BTW: Although Belfour played out of his mind the leafs didn't win games 0 - 0. THey had some guys scoring when it counted.

I thought the Leafs came out and played a good game tonight. They actually had a forecheck on going example,the first goal. I think the second goal kind dropped like breaking ball. It looked like the bottom fell out of it. Did anyone else see that?

The only really bad goal was the third one. Yeesh. From that angle.

I'm not here to rub it in. Even though I'm well aware had the Sens won. I wouldn't hear the end of it. I really thought it was their year. Too bad.

As far as cheering for the Flyers. Ahh that's your choice. It's Anti-Canadian but your choice. I myself wouldn't cheer for the flyers over the senators, I didn't cheer for the devils last year, but that's just me.

Cheers All

and oh yeah

Go Leafs Go!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    BTW: Although Belfour played out of his mind the leafs didn't win games 0 - 0. THey had some guys scoring when it counted.

I thought the Leafs came out and played a good game tonight. They actually had a forecheck on going example,the first goal. I think the second goal kind dropped like breaking ball. It looked like the bottom fell out of it. Did anyone else see that?

I'm not here to rub it in. Even though I'm well aware had the Sens won. I wouldn't hear the end of it. I really thought it was their year. Too bad.

As far as cheering for the Flyers. Ahh that's your choice. It's Anti-Canadian but your choice. I myself wouldn't cheer for the flyers over the senators, I didn't cheer for the devils last year, but that's just me.

Cheers All

and oh yeah

Go Leafs Go!!!!
    My basic point was that, had you told me that Lalime was going to allow 2 goals per game, i would have said, OK, I'll take that...because the Sens were the highest scoring team during the year.

Full credit to Belfour, he was awesome...and yes, I suppose the Leafs played well as a team (argh, that's hard to say).

As for cheering for the Leafs, I'd rather three-putt every green from now until the day I die. Anti-Canadian?? Their captain is Swedish, their best d-man is American...I don't buy that argument.

But GO FLAMES GO !!!
    Last edited by sensfan63; 04-20-2004 at 11:18 PM. Reason: i misspoke

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar

Cheers All

and oh yeah

Go Leafs Go!!!!
    If it wasn't for Belfour, Sens win 4 straight. The Sens worst game was game 5. Give Sens a better goalie and they probably win in 6 with scoreless draws and Ottawa winning in overtime as the Laffs reach for the oxygen and walkers.

Cheering for the Flyers isn't anti-Canadian. The Laffs aren't Canada's team. Toronto would prefer to be part of the US. It's going to be 38 years, and if there is a lockout next year 39 and counting. The Laffs are old and they will be tired. Primeau will be crashing the net and Belfour won't be able to handle it. Toronto won't be a serious contender until Ferguson cleans out Quinn's leftover pylons and gets some better players.

I'm cheering for a Habs - Flames cup final.

Toronto still sucks!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    broken27

where are you?

Cmon Steve, while I'll agree with you that Lalime sucked donkey-arse tonight, I'd have to say that he was pretty freakin solid for the better part of this series. Half of all goals scored on him prior to game 7 came on deflections off his own players.

Not saying he is the best goalie, and quite frankly I don't think I ever did. He was good enough until tonight, and didn't get the job done.

Who do YOU have in mind?
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Michael
    Havlat didn't show up, Bonk was a no show, Bondra did nothing, DeVries was ineffective. Face the facts you Sens fans, you got beat !!!! There will be some changes, I don't think adding 10 million in salary and then losing in the first round is going to go over very well with Mr Melnyk. I think we can say good bye to Jacques Martin, Lalime and Bonk for sure. Oh yeah, one last thing.

Go LEAFS Go !!!!!!
    Are you mental Leaf Fan? Havlat was burning everyone on the ice but Belfour. Bonk played the most physical hockey of his career and got tons of great scoring chances, and while Bondra didn't get any points (disappointing for SURE!), he was an asset on the PK.

DEVRIES was the worst player on the team in EACH AND EVERY GAME.

Give us Rachunek back, the Devries we bought is busted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Belfour vs. Flyers will be lame and short. Flyers can destroy Toronto. They don't have problems in physical series'. It's the same two teams playing against one another, but with one being slightly younger than the other.

GO FLYERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TAMPA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dan

Andru
    I have no argument with go flames go. They're a great team. and fun to watch. Like I said it's your choice if you want to cheer for the flyers. You remember the flyers. The team that fired Roger whenm he got cancer. Real class. Like I said. I pulled for the sens becuase they're based in Canada. and it would have been good for the city of Ottawa. But that's just me.

As for Colby.

Yikes. You have issues. I'll let you deal with that yourself.

As far as Belfour. So what. The leafs could say. Oh yeah. If you didn't have Chara the leafs would have killed you!!! The point is. YOU DIDN'T HAVE A GOALIE. Geez every team that gets beat out of the playoffs can say something. The Canucks are saying Geez "well if you didn't have Iginla we would have beat you." Geez if Tampa didn't have St Louis. We would have smoked Tampa!!! Please. save your sour grapes for the Whine!

Teams either sign great players, trade for them, or draft them. If the Sens wanted a goalie of Belfour's calibre they could have had one for say Chara, or Redden. But you DON'T want give up great players to get one. So you're stuck with Lalime. Quinn went out and got Belfour for this very reason.

Say all you want about walkers oxygen tanks, laffs. They're the ones still playing. And as a sens fan bringing up the fact that the leafs haven't won a cup in so long Is like getting your ***** kicked then while you're brusied and beaten trying to take some kind of credit for the rest of the league beating the leafs. Hiding behind the rest of the league is getting old.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Cmon Steve, while I'll agree with you that Lalime sucked donkey-arse tonight, I'd have to say that he was pretty freakin solid for the better part of this series. Half of all goals scored on him prior to game 7 came on deflections off his own players.

Not saying he is the best goalie, and quite frankly I don't think I ever did. He was good enough until tonight, and didn't get the job done.

Who do YOU have in mind?
    Dan
    I agree I didn't think Lalime was that bad this series. He lost 3 games where his team didn't give him a goal.

Bondra doesn't make 6 million to kill penalties. Havlat. Did a lot of dancing on the perimeter. He didn't get his nose dirty until it was too late.

The best players for Ottawa were Hossa and Chara. Philip's too. Did you see al the Leafs giving Chara an extra pat. He really gained some respect this series.

Go Leafs Go!!!!
    Not rubbing it in...lol... Okay, I'm totally hoping the Flyers not only beat the Leafs, but rather that they massacre them. My hope is that two stupidly violent teams could wipe each other out, making a clear path for Tampa to win the Cup.

As for "anti-Canadian". Let me be first to say I'm totally against the popular image of being Canadian, and quite frankly don't see much worth being particularly nationalistic about. Players from a lot of countries dot each team's roster, so does that mean Finns have to cheer for MTL? Or perhaps Swedes should cheer uniquely for Mats Sundin?

Who knows, who cares.

This playoff series was the most poorly, inconsistently, and arbitrarily officiated of the whole lot. Too bad that Quinn is used to playing media games.

Dan

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Lalime is a terrible goalie and should be the first to go. He's a sieve, he belongs in the kitchen. He is cosistently inconsistent, and can be counted on to let in bad goals (not just tonite)

Martin's days with the sens are done. no matter what he does in the season, he's too soft in the playoffs. He's afraid to bench players. Any other coach would have sat players like Bonk on the bench for a game, in hopes of sparking their play, but Martin just hopes they'll do it themselves. Where were Simpson and Lecyshen all series?

Bonk is the biggest hack out there. Great during the season, and consistently the Sens worst player during the playoffs. Sure, he got tonnes of great scoring chances, because his linemates set him up. Unfortunately, he can't put the puck in the net, and you don't get the Stanley cup for trying.

At least we won't have to put up with an abismol playoff performance next year, cuz there's not gonna be a league.
    I'm glad that i'll be going to Uvic, it'll give me an excuse to cheer on cooke and the canucks
    Last edited by jonf; 04-21-2004 at 12:42 AM.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Not rubbing it in...lol... Okay, I'm totally hoping the Flyers not only beat the Leafs, but rather that they massacre them. My hope is that two stupidly violent teams could wipe each other out, making a clear path for Tampa to win the Cup.

As for "anti-Canadian". Let me be first to say I'm totally against the popular image of being Canadian, and quite frankly don't see much worth being particularly nationalistic about. Players from a lot of countries dot each team's roster, so does that mean Finns have to cheer for MTL? Or perhaps Swedes should cheer uniquely for Mats Sundin?

Who knows, who cares.

This playoff series was the most poorly, inconsistently, and arbitrarily officiated of the whole lot. Too bad that Quinn is used to playing media games.

Dan
    I knew that nonsense would come out eventually. When the sens lose it's someone else causing the demise.

As for the Canadian thing. That's your choice. This is what I see. When A canadian city like Ottawa does well in the playoffs. The local restaurants, bars etc do very well. The city thrives and the people in the city are happy. They go out. They throw parties. That's the kind of thing I wish for Canadian city's sorry for being such a homer but I am. Remember how this city bounced when they were playing the devils. I went to a party every game last year. It was great. I'm wishing that kind of success for any city in Canada including the Canadiens and the Calgary Flames. You can stay bitter. It's your choice. The sun will come up tomorrow. And if it doesn't I doubt you'll be thinking about a silly Hockey Game.

Putter Leafs is on a distinguished road

Eddie Eddie Eddie Eddie!!!!

Deleted By Moderator

Andru
    This guys a joker

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Man, that gorilla has to be getting heavy!

The major problem with the Sens is that they don't play as a team. It's nice to have a bunch of highly skilled players who can score a boat-load of goals in the regular season, but until they start supporting each other they won't win when it counts.

There's only 3 guys on that roster that I would take. Fisher, White, and Chara. Those guys show up to play every night. The Leafs could have easily had Bondra or Gonchar but they're not team players, never have been. Sure, the Leafs got older when Ferguson picked up Leetch and Francis, but he learned from his old man the value of team, and it shows in their roster.

Shame on Muckler for not doing the same. It's not so long ago that he had his hands on one of the best TEAMS of all time. Too bad he forgot that.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Thread Information