100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar

Sure is quiet in Sens land...

Back to back shutouts. That's gotta hurt...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    it hurts... it really does.....

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    Back to back shutouts. That's gotta hurt...
    No worries in Sens Land... Quite frankly, it's nice to know that the Leafs have only one player standing between us and the series. Now, it's just a question of solving Belfour's cocaine-induced clarity. No secret he's been on the junk before.

(Please note, my accusations above are a direct attempt at generating a "defamation of character" lawsuit so that he offers me a settlement of a billion dollars.)

Tonight's game reinforced my opinion that the SENATORS are the best team in the league. Sure, a bit of tweaking here and there is needed before the team becomes a dynasty, but realistically it's better than waiting 37+ years for a one-shot playoff run.

I'm proud of the effort our guys put forth tonight, and am confident that Ottawa takes game 4 by a WIDE margin.

Cheers, congrats to Leafs fans (no matter how much or how little of a jackass you might be).

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    The Sens cannot be faulted for the way they played tonight and fortunately for Toronto, Brodueur continues to be the difference. The team could have folded after Lalime let in the softie near the end, but continued to pepper the TO net.

Without Brodeur Toronto is toast, but with him, Alfredsson could be ready to play the Royal Ottawa GC before its ready to open.

Anyone know the whereabouts of the referees whistles that were lost during the second intermission?

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST
    The Sens cannot be faulted for the way they played tonight and fortunately for Toronto, Brodueur continues to be the difference. The team could have folded after Lalime let in the softie near the end, but continued to pepper the TO net.

Without Brodeur Toronto is toast, but with him, Alfredsson could be ready to play the Royal Ottawa GC before its ready to open.

Anyone know the whereabouts of the referees whistles that were lost during the second intermission?
    Hey Mist, just to let you know, Brodeur plays for the Devils, Ed Belfour is the Leafs goalie!!!!!

GO LEAFS GO !!!!

Big_duck
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael
    Hey Mist, just to let you know, Brodeur plays for the Devils, Ed Belfour is the Leafs goalie!!!!!

GO LEAFS GO !!!!
    Pretty bad, Mist is replaying his takes from last year!

GO SENS GO !!!!!!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    No worries in Sens Land... Quite frankly, it's nice to know that the Leafs have only one player standing between us and the series. Now, it's just a question of solving Belfour's cocaine-induced clarity. No secret he's been on the junk before.
    That's the best you can come up with? Leave it to a Sens fan to stoop to the lowest common denominator when things go wrong, and of course lets not forget the award winning (or should it be whining) Team 1200 radio hosts.

BTW, speaking of whiners, where was Spezza last night? You'd think he could score all the goals himself after his tantrum before game #1. :shake
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    No worries in Sens Land... Quite frankly, it's nice to know that the Leafs have only one player standing between us and the series...Tonight's game reinforced my opinion that the SENATORS are the best team in the league. Sure, a bit of tweaking here and there is needed before the team becomes a dynasty, but realistically it's better than waiting 37+ years for a one-shot playoff run.

I'm proud of the effort our guys put forth tonight, and am confident that Ottawa takes game 4 by a WIDE margin.

Cheers, congrats to Leafs fans (no matter how much or how little of a jackass you might be).
    I couldn't agree more! Lalime has played well, but Belfour has been spectacular. The Sens have outplayed the Leafs in AT LEAST 7 out of the 9 periods they've played so far, and only Belfour has kept them from taking a 3-0 lead in the series. If Ottawa continues to outhit, outwork and outplay the Leafs the way they have been, they will prevail in the end.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    That's the best you can come up with? Leave it to a Sens fan to stoop to the lowest common denominator when things go wrong, and of course lets not forget the award winning (or should it be whining) Team 1200 radio hosts.

BTW, speaking of whiners, where was Spezza last night? You'd think he could score all the goals himself after his tantrum before game #1. :shake
    Leave it to a Leafs' fan to selectively cut and paste parts of what I say in order to try to make a point of their own. You'll note that the next sentence was a retraction of any real accusations about Belfour (who was a coke-head, drunk, convicted criminal).

I know it's hard Toronto fans, but try to think before speaking every once in a while....

As for your comments about Spezza, what fabricated tantrum are you talking about? I actually deal with team officials as a media person, so please enlighten me....

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST

Firstly, I agree with BCMIST that BRODEUR is the Leafs' only shot at a Cup. Sorry Leaf Nation, you'll be out for a 38th consecutive time.

Secondly, not sure about the whistles. Seems to me that even the linesmen were screwing up offsides and stuff in the second and third periods. Don't even get me started on the unpredictable penalty calling. Both teams had tons of bad calls, but more really bad non-calls.

Not a great series so far, but not bad. Not as passionate as I expected...

Dan

Hey Broken,

As far a Spezza goes, I believe that it was after the morning skate on the day of game 1 when he found out that he was going to be a "healthy scratch". His little hissy fit by pouting and tearing off his equipment within eye-shot of the media is definitely a calculated stab at Jacques Martin and I can guarantee that was the reason he sat out game 2 as well. He's becoming a prima-donna on a team of hard working guys. I wouldn't be surprised to see Martin scratch him for Game 4.

Everyone knows that it's goaltending that wins championships. That's why they're almost always given the Conn Smythe. Lalime has been very good but Belfour has been better, and he's one of those goalies that gets better the more work he gets.

BTW, I'm a little surprised that Smolinski didn't take one for the team on the Sundin goal. It wasn't a clean breakaway so the worst he could have gotten was a holding penalty. Instead, he backed off.

As far as what you're calling a hissy fit, I can tell you that I'd rather Spezza be disappointed at being told he isn't going to play. If he wasn't upset, that's a very bad sign. Calling it "pouting" or whatever is fine, but it doesn't instantly make him a prima donna.

The reason he sat for game 2 is because the Senators put up a fairly convincing win in game 1. Even Jacques Martin knows that the playoffs isn't the time for stupid personal vendettas.

As for coach Martin, I believe he's losing his team's trust. To keep Spezza out of the lineup when he was 4th on the team in scoring and a +22 (not much of a defensive liability if you ask me) and instead play that no-talent hack Todd White? What kind of moronic coaching decision is that?

Goaltending alone can't win a championship, as evidenced by the fact that the netminder can't score, therefore can't win a game by himself. I've given nothing but credit to Belfour. He's played over his head. Lalime's back to allowing at least one softie per game, which is okay when your team scores, but the Sens aren't.

The one thing to keep an eye out for with regards to Belfour: He tends to have a couple astounding games then blows up for a game. If this happens (namely Sens pump him for 4 or more in game 4), advantage Ottawa again.

Smolinski did the right thing to an extent. I agree that in this case it would have been good to take the penalty, but that's only because we know how it turned out (softie on Lalime). I'm sure "Smoke" was thinking he could slow Sundin down enough to make him shoot from a distance, assuming Lalime would stop it. OOPS!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Prusek sees some action. Starting him in game 4 couldn't possibly hurt the Sens. They need someone who'll make a big save every once in a while without trading off by allowing softies.

Dan

All I know is that it's hangover season here...

Gotta love it!!

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    with La-leak in net, and a complete inability to score goals, the sens are gonna have to do some praying.

Putter Leafs is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up haha Sans fans...

ya Ottawa goalie surely does suck... am I ever glad we got good ol eddie on our team... way better than the crappy Sens goalie.... The leafs are WAAYYYY better then the Sens.. Ottawa has NO chance with the leafs... I feel bad for you sens fan.... you should just give up on ottawa and become a leaf fan... Ottawa has no chance of ever winning the cup...such a horrible team.... Belfour is the best... once we get Nolan back he will kill Alfredson

GO LEAFS GO

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar

nuff said
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    If Ottawa continues to outhit, outwork and outplay the Leafs the way they have been, they will prevail in the end.
    Were you watching the same game I was?? Ottawa stunk the other night.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by em69
    Let's see, they fire almost 40 shots on net (they've had 30 or more in all 3 games), have the puck in the Toronto end most of the night, limit the Leafs to a mere 18 shots a game and pound every blue and white sweater they see into the boards. The only time the Leafs get into the Ottawa end is on a power play or when a defencemen pinches at the blue line.

Even Leaf Lovers like Cherry and MacLean admit that the Leafs have been outplayed and Belfour is the only reason they've won. What game were you watching?
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Big_duck
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafs
    ya Ottawa goalie surely does suck... am I ever glad we got good ol eddie on our team... way better than the crappy Sens goalie.... The leafs are WAAYYYY better then the Sens.. Ottawa has NO chance with the leafs... I feel bad for you sens fan.... you should just give up on ottawa and become a leaf fan... Ottawa has no chance of ever winning the cup...such a horrible team.... Belfour is the best... once we get Nolan back he will kill Alfredson

GO LEAFS GO
    Go back to the Sportsnet Forums with this drivel. These forums are for intelligent discourse (just ask the shtickman).
    :dissappro

Quote Originally Posted by Big_duck
    Go back to the Sportsnet Forums with this drivel. These forums are for intelligent discourse (just ask the shtickman).
    :dissappro
    Nice to see people sign up for an account on the forum and use it for this nonsense. I was hoping this kind of thing was reserved for the TSN.ca "your call" forums.

Dan

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Ya shoulda seen it before I cleaned it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Ya shoulda seen it before I cleaned it up.

Big_duck
    >> The Shtickette is back to whoop ass in 16 days!

Interesting Welcome Home you have planned.

Gap Wedge w00dy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    Let's see, they fire almost 40 shots on net (they've had 30 or more in all 3 games), have the puck in the Toronto end most of the night, limit the Leafs to a mere 18 shots a game and pound every blue and white sweater they see into the boards. The only time the Leafs get into the Ottawa end is on a power play or when a defencemen pinches at the blue line.

Even Leaf Lovers like Cherry and MacLean admit that the Leafs have been outplayed and Belfour is the only reason they've won. What game were you watching?

I completely agree with this.. They have outplayed Toronto in a huge way. If it wasn't for belfour in net Toronto would not have a team. The fact that we completly dominated them in shots for the past 3 games must say that we are kicking some tail.. but just having a hard time seeing the back of the net. But for game 4 i have a real good feeling for Ottawa and that we are gonna beat Belfour more than once this game.

Go Sens Go
    Mike W.
    personal best: 87 @ Falcon Ridge

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Screensaver anyone????
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Nice screensaver Steve will have to send that one around especially to my brother-in-law(the Leafs fan, bad very bad)
    Good outcome tonight, nice to see Alfie back up his words.
    Go Sens Go.

Sand Wedge McGavin is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by em69
    And the leafs were great???? Did you watch the game??? How about tonights game???
    even leafs fans are saying they are lucky to be 2-2 in the series. They have been outshot by 50 shots over 4 games. Obviously this comment did not come from much of a hockey fan... Anyways great call Broken 27.. the Sens did win by a wide margin.

BTW LobWedge its funny how you jumped on the low blow about Belfour... which it was. Seeing as your coach continually deflects attention by saying totally ridiculous statements... e.g. bringing up Hossa/Berard incident from 4 years ago. And tonight blaming his loss on the refs.. even trhough both teams were 1-7 on the PP.

And as far as the Team 1200... I could care less. They ARE brutal... especially Dandy and Buzz... I can't believe those 2 have their own Radio show.

McGavin

Well, big game by Ottawa again, and this time we got the breaks. Belfour was still pretty good, but definitely came back to Earth tonight. For once, I actually agreed with something Don Cherry said. When he talked about shots from the middle. Although Ottawa wasn't shooting from the middle, they had guys parked in front, and long point shots were beating him.

Almost too bad Tucker didn't take that one in the face. But we'll take the goal.

Should be interesting the rest of the way. The Leafs are playing some pretty disciplined hockey for most of the time, and I'll agree that the officials have been less than stellar (both ways), and perhaps it's been more untimely for Toronto. But such is life, and arguably I could say the same thing with regards to Ottawa.

Good series, still saying Senators in 6. Losing Sundin couldn't possibly help Toronto, and who knows what is wrong with Nieuwendyk...

Dan

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    How bout antropov out there (Drop-off, as my good friend don cherry would call him). That guy has spent more time in the penalty box than he has on the ice. I think he's Ottawa's most valuable player - just hope he keeps it up.

awesome!

Man, what a nailbiter of a game tonight! We finally came through when it counted most!

Thread Information