CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Amateur rview1 is on a distinguished road

Comments on Smith Falls G&CC

Hi , i am looking for your impressions of the Smith Falls Golf and Country club as a place to play on a full time basis.
    I guess i am most interested in the overall condition ie.fairways scruffy or pretty well maintained, greens..kept short or long , bunkers...etc...basically your "recent" experiences..
    Your comments appreciated.Thanks.
    Last edited by rview1; 03-09-2009 at 05:48 PM. Reason: correction

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Smithfalls CC is a great course. In decent shape every year and a tough layout. I always enjoy the course when I get up to play it. A lot of good players come out of there as well.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by rview1 View Post
    Hi , i am looking for your impressions of the Smith Falls Golf and Country club as a place to play on a full time basis. Your comments appreciated.Thanks.
    SFG&CC is a fair test of golf, a classic shot makers course that will have you hit every club in your bag. It's overall conditioning has improved over the years and the club seems to make improvements every year. The greens have always been smooth and reasonably fast, perhaps 9/10 on the Stimpmeter with modest undulations, except for #7 and #16 which are brutal to putt. Regardless of how one is playing, if #18 does NOT get your attention, nothing will.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    The last few times I have been there I have found the fairways to be a little longer than I would like. I'm not sure if they have irrigation there or not, but I would rate the conditioning as mediocre. On the other hand, the layout is top notch in my books. The 18th is an odd finish to an other wise traditional course, but it's always interesting. It's also fun to sit out on the balcony after your round and watch folks crap the bed on 18.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Amateur rview1 is on a distinguished road

sfcc

Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    The last few times I have been there I have found the fairways to be a little longer than I would like. I'm not sure if they have irrigation there or not, but I would rate the conditioning as mediocre. On the other hand, the layout is top notch in my books. The 18th is an odd finish to an other wise traditional course, but it's always interesting. It's also fun to sit out on the balcony after your round and watch folks crap the bed on 18.

thanks to those who have provided input...rview1

Thread Information