I was looking for a quick nine yesterday afternoon when I recalled seeing a sign off of the 174 just before Jeanne D'Arc in the old Orleans Academy on St. Joseph (don't know what it's called now) saying "Practice and Play: $20".

Price seemed right and figured for $20 I'd give it a go.

Got the clubs in the car and headed back to the course. Found it odd that the range was full and yet no one was playing on the course. When I went inside to enquire about playing I was told "oh, yeah - the course doesn't open until early July".

Well, count me in as a sucker who showed up there hoping to practice and play for $20 - you know, like the sign out by the highway advertised... I don't remember exactly when I saw that sign but it must have been at least a week before (likely around June 15th) - so that's at least two weeks that the sign will have been out there and they've likely been suckering people into showing up there only to pull the bag out from under them when they show up.

I complained to the person at the register and all he had for me was a smirk. That place was so packed yesterday afternoon I can't help but think that I wasn't the only one duped into showing up there. Needless to say I won't be back there anytime soon.

Anyways, if you see the sign there and think about going down to play that course, don't go before July.