+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LH putting RH

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar

LH putting RH

I'm just exploring the idea of getting a new putter. I play lefty although I'm RH for everything but sports. My playing partner uses a RH putter (also plays LH) and I'm starting to wonder what the benefits of that might be.

Anyone know why someone would putt from "the wrong side"? Is there more control? Better power gauge?

Thanks for any info.

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

5 Iron themob is on a distinguished road
    Maybe it would give a similar effect to left hand low putting grips. Force you to use your shoulders and turn instead of just hitting at the ball with your wrists. I can only imagine it would take getting used to as visually lining your feet up straight at a target would be the opposite of what your used to.

I cant think of any real reason to do it. Why not play from the normal golfing side?

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by themob
    I cant think of any real reason to do it. Why not play from the normal golfing side?
    That's what I'm asking. There has to be a reason (keeping in mind I'm right handed but playing left), like maybe having my right hand below my left for added stability in the stroke. Obviously I could do that by simply reversing my grip with my regular putter, but I'm seeing if there's any advantages to putting right.

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Lob Wedge TKretzR.V. is on a distinguished road TKretzR.V.'s Avatar
    It's weird because i'm a lefty and I can putt right handed just as accurate and just as smooth.
    [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkGreen] [B][SIZE=4] Rideauview'04 [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

Sand Wedge kordic is on a distinguished road
    I am right-handed but play lefty..probably the effects of years of hockey..anyway, I put right-handed. I have tried both ways but find that not only do things set up better visually for me..but having my dominant hand on the bottom is also more stable and takes the wrists out a bit. I've had a lot of people think i'm weird but whatever works right.

Ty Webb
    I am a left hander who plays right due to my hockey influence. I found that putting left hand low helped me utilized my dominant hand.

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    That's what I'm asking. There has to be a reason
    Something said earlier, whatever feels natural and right is usually the best thing to do. Also, the eye. Some people have a dominant eye, and this might influence the choice.

Thread Information