CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why no run?

Scratch Player kilmidyke is on a distinguished road kilmidyke's Avatar

Why no run?

My current driver of choice is the Titleist 10.5 905R with NV65 reg flex. And when i'm on it's a bomber. The problem is that there never seems to be any roll out of the drive. Now I'm not saying i'm a big hitter, far from it, but lets say if I hammer it out there 250yds, my total distance will be something like 255. My playing partner, using a 10.5 TM R7 with satndard tm reg flex shaft, hits it out there 200yds and rolls down to about the same distance. So I think it's about the club right, wrong i get the same results with his driver and he gets the same with mine too.

What could i be doing in the swing to cause the no run factor?

thanks guys.

Liam.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Generally speaking if you aren't getting any roll it's because your trajector climbs steeply and then falls down. This is usually because you have too much spin for your launch angle/ball speed.

You can either try less loft or change your angle of attack to generate less spin.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Albatross Powerdraw is on a distinguished road
    i'd rather have the ball carry 250 then 200 with same roll to 250 especially in wet conditions, then you will kill all opponents

Scratch Player kilmidyke is on a distinguished road kilmidyke's Avatar
    I wish it was 250yds all the time! lol
    I like the combination of the shaft and head, I do launch it pretty high and that combo has really straightend me up too. I'm not overly concerned I guess, It would be just nice to actually see a ball roll out for a bit after it lands. maybe a lower spinning ball is part of the answer too.

Thanks for the replies guys.

3 Iron Goshawk is on a distinguished road Goshawk's Avatar
    I think you would be a good candidate for a session on a launch monitor. I'm not talking about a simulator, but a device like a Trackman or Vector. It will give you the specifics of what your average launch angle and spin rate is, plus things like ball speed, average carry distance and shot dispersion. Most golf stores like Golf Town and Nevada Bob's have them, as well as some club fitters.
    It sounds like you have a fairly high launch angle coupled with a high spin rate. These two combined will create a high initial launch then a climb, followed by a very steep drop, resulting in little to no roll. A launch monitor will verify this.
    There are several ways to combat this. As others mentioned, a lower lofted driver is one. Another is a different flexed shaft. Swing changes can also affect this.
    Good luck.

Thread Information