CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

garage door openers

anyone out there that knows how to fix those electronic eyes at the bottom? Ours got out of alignment, or at least that is what I think and now the door doesn't close from the outside - it thinks there is something in the way and there isn't. This happened last winter, I called the guy to come out and he fixed it in 5min and charged $75. It happened again this winter and despite my best efforts, I can't get them aligned. The one with the orange light is on but the one with the green light is not, and if I move it, it flickers on briefly but won't stay on. Any help, ideas or input is appreaciated. I am trying to avoid paying the $75 again as he doesn't guarantee that they problem won't reappear at a later date and be covered by warranty.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I had the same problem in Ottawa when the movers were there. With luck, I managed to realign the "eyes." Here is a useful thread as to how you might be able to solve your problem: http://forum.doityourself.com/electr...rage-door.html

Good luck.

Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar
    you need 3 things to fix that.. a level, measuring tape and a long piece of string.

make sure the two "eyes" are the same distance off the garage floor. Then ensure they are level. Next use the string to align them. Takes some patience.

OR if you dont have any little kids or a pet running around you can do what my dad did and rip them out of their brackets, duct tape them to the wall about 1 foot from eachother... not so hard to align them there!
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Gotta like the duct tape
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfer_Gofer View Post
    OR if you dont have any little kids or a pet running around you can do what my dad did and rip them out of their brackets, duct tape them to the wall about 1 foot from eachother... not so hard to align them there!

I like that method the best!
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Thread Information