CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar

Wireless in Dominan - Punta Cana

Heading on vacation soon, call me crazy but I want to bring my laptop (stock market doesn't take a vacation). Any idea if they have wireless technology down there in some of the better resorts? Anything I can buy that can connect me to a satellite or something? Bell Sympatico user.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I leave Saturday for Punta Cana and am just bringing my Blackberry. Most rooms will have wireless for a fee at the nicer resorts. I'am at the Gran bahia Principe and apparently they have it.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    My first bet would be to call the resort. We just returned from a 10 day cruise in the Caribbean (Bahamas, USVI, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba). Did not have a computer but did note that at most, if not all, ports there were wi-fi zones just off the ship. They have the technology.

Pitching Wedge Instinct is on a distinguished road
    Well I just came back from Punta Cana myself and had the best time of my life. Everything was perfect. Was there from the 23-30 of January and stayed at the Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro. Only wireless Internet available was if you payed $25US per day, and from what I heard when I was there, worked just a little better then dialup, when it worked at all. I had upgraded to the Diamond club, so I was entitled to 20min of internet free of charge using one of the computers in the Diamond Club reception. These worked fairly well.
    Just a word of caution about cell phones and maybe blackberrys, charges for voice calling was $3 a minute airtime and $1 minute long distance fee + taxes. A five minute call cost me $23 on my cell bill. Also, just by having the darn thing turned on, if you receive a call and don't even answer it, you are charged $4 ($3 air + $1 long distance). I know this cause I had my phone on for about 10mins one day and got one of those stupid car warranty scam calls. I didn't answer but still got charged.
    Have fun guys, it's not hard to do when you leave this snow for 30C+ weather, unlimited drinks, good food & baby powder beach sand

Thread Information