In my incredibly excited stupor, I've decided to post about my Custom Shop restoration. I just got the confirmation that it's been shipped from Cali today, so it should be arriving within the week!

I had an old LH studio design 1, that lost its finish (I can't oil it every day) and headcover. I came into some spending $$ this winter, and on top of a new driver and new irons, I bit the bullet and sent in the scotty for restoration.

I decided to go with the pro platinum finish, due to its low maintenance... Should suit me and my low-maintenance personality just fine. I got the putter fit before I sent it away and I requested it to be bent flat 2 degrees (apparently I've been playing with EVERYTHING too upright my whole golfing-life), and got my name engraved in the back. I also decided to go for the custom shop grip and headcover, which cost me close to $70 US more, but I figured that I might as well make it REALLY custom. I wish I had before and after pics, but as soon as the putter ships, I'll post some pics.

All in all, with shipping to, and from the shop (you're on the hook for both ways) it's cost me roughly $375 CA, which is about the cost of the putter when I first bought it 5 years ago. Pretty expensive, but if you love putting and golf as much I do (which I'm sure is the case with everyone on this board) it's money well spent