100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
    Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chipandput
    You think the fairways are coming o.k. :dissappro I've never seen a course in such bad conditon .It's a shame for the owners to ask $1600 a season to play there. :shake Emerald Links is the best quality/price course that you can get in the area. Other than that,you don't get anything good for your money............chip
    Man, it's basically a municipal golf course like Pineview, but much more fun (IMO). You shouldn't go there expecting private course quality. Their prices are pretty steep, I'll agree there, but at the same time, they're in every single coupon book you can buy, so you pay 50% every time.

Shouldn't be so outspokenly against a course when the problem is with nature... Although I can understand your frustration about conditioning.

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Fairway Junkie dasnutz is on a distinguished road dasnutz's Avatar
    Emerald Links is a steal at $2000 + tax compared to the other courses at this present time. If it looks like this now, just imagine July and August.... I am pretty sure that out in Barrie the courses don't compare to EL. This is just my opinion, but I think that Gibb has it all paid off now, and I think that it will only get better... May even be another Loch March, give it 2 yrs...

Quote Originally Posted by nice_lag
    WOOOOOOOOOOO... hold on... played in Ottawa for a few years and I'd like you to support your opinions. I agree that Champlain isn't the greatest. I didn't like their rock hard fairways and a few of the members (bad characters). Therefore I never went back. Played Meadows on the weekend and for 37$, you got a very decent course with greens that were in excellent shape (minus the ball marks), very receptive and fairways that were well maintained. Not bad at all for 37$.

As for the price of memberships, well that is something I won't discuss because I'm in no position to do so. But please support your opinions next time. Thanks man.

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Emerald Links is a really nice course considering it's accessible to the public. I appreciate that from them, and am doubly as careful in replacing divots and fixing ball marks.

Cartier is nice too, and I believe reasonably priced considering the amenities.

Not sure how expensive some of the premier courses are around Ottawa, but membership somewhere would be nice soon. Get really good at one course, you've gotten good at probably 80% of them.

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Emerald Links is a steal at $2000 + tax compared to the other courses at this present time. If it looks like this now, just imagine July and August... This is just my opinion, but I think that Gibb has it all paid off now, and I think that it will only get better... May even be another Loch March, give it 2 yrs...

God, I hope not. The Links is head/shoulders above Loch March

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dasnutz
    Emerald Links is a steal at $2000 + tax compared to the other courses at this present time. If it looks like this now, just imagine July and August.... I am pretty sure that out in Barrie the courses don't compare to EL. This is just my opinion, but I think that Gibb has it all paid off now, and I think that it will only get better... May even be another Loch March, give it 2 yrs...

One has to realize that very few places in the country get it as good as Ottawa when it comes to the number of courses within such a limited distance. That being said, the Barrie area has some extremely good golf courses and I wouldn't hesitate to compare the ones I play to EL. Unfortunately, our proximity to Toronto makes us pay a little bit more than we should.

Anyway, this is a thread about course conditions for this "spring" so I will shut up...
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Thread Information