100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Putter ksears is on a distinguished road

Busy weekend ahead

Colby, I would cancel your round at Le Geant for Sunday if possible...I played there Saturday past.. Le Diable is in much nicer condition..played there on Sunday past. I found the difference in conditions very odd as these two courses are side by side..and run by the same resort....but worlds apart in terms of playing conditions.. patchy fairways (winter kill) for the most part and a couple bad greens at Le Geant, Le Diable is in mid-summer form.. I'd go there if you could get the tee time change...

When I say the conditions are bad at Le geant, I am comparing to their normal conditions...

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksears
    Colby, I would cancel your round at Le Geant for Sunday if possible...I played there Saturday past.. Le Diable is in much nicer condition..played there on Sunday past. I found the difference in conditions very odd as these two courses are side by side..and run by the same resort....but worlds apart in terms of playing conditions.. patchy fairways (winter kill) for the most part and a couple bad greens at Le Geant, Le Diable is in mid-summer form.. I'd go there if you could get the tee time change...

When I say the conditions are bad at Le geant, I am comparing to their normal conditions...
    We are in a Le Geant for $59.00, carts in. It would cost us $20-$30 more to move to Le Diable at this time, not sure what you paid, but we were quoted $85. Le Geant is always a bit behind. More mountainous fairways, and the greens always take a week or so more than Le Diable to come back. The guys all prefer Le Geant over Le Diable, so that's where we go. It's also hard moving 6 blocks of tee times from one course to another 5 days in advance. We'll live with what we get, maybe they'll want to try Le Diable again next year if they are really bad.

Thanks for the fore-warning
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Yah I agree.. changing 6 tee offs wouldn't be easy for sure!

Paid 80 Tax in at both courses last weekend ( carts incl. ) Yah, I like the layout of Le Geant too.. Couple more weeks and it should be back in tip top shape..

Have a great trip!

Signed,

Jealous

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    You are unfortunately missing out on a nice course. I guess that you would boycott Myrtle Beach entirely? There are less than 5% of the courses there that allow you to walk, and never in prime seasons, spring and fall.

I hope JVincent does not win 2 Free Rounds of Golf in Myrtle Beach any time soon
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

[QUOTE=Colby]
    It's a busy weekend coming up! Fountainebleu and Quatre Domain #2 on Friday, 2 rounds at Le Maitre on Saturday, Manitou and Le Geant on Sunday and Montebello on Monday, Monday night I rest

[QUOTE]

Ok, I know I'm jealous!
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Yah I agree.. changing 6 tee offs wouldn't be easy for sure!

Paid 80 Tax in at both courses last weekend ( carts incl. ) Yah, I like the layout of Le Geant too.. Couple more weeks and it should be back in tip top shape..

Have a great trip!

Signed,

Jealous
    It's our fourth year, and always a good time.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

[QUOTE=EDSGOLF][QUOTE=Colby]
    It's a busy weekend coming up! Fountainebleu and Quatre Domain #2 on Friday, 2 rounds at Le Maitre on Saturday, Manitou and Le Geant on Sunday and Montebello on Monday, Monday night I rest

Ok, I know I'm jealous!
    I'll post a trip report when I get back
    Colby

It's our fourth year, and always a good time.
    Sounds like a great time for sure.. I was at Tremblant from Friday until yesterday.. Only got in the two rounds ( some of our group we not golfers) We were up there for my Brothers Stag party weekend.. It was great to see the weather man was 100% wrong with the forecast I got on Friday! We had 25 degrees plus both Saturday and Sunday..and hardly even a cloud in the sky...

I'll try and post some pics from both courses tonite when I get home from work... needless to say..I am still in need sleep!

Sounds like a great time for sure.. I was at Tremblant from Friday until yesterday.. Only got in the two rounds ( some of our group we not golfers) We were up there for my Brothers Stag party weekend.. It was great to see the weather man was 100% wrong with the forecast I got on Friday! We had 25 degrees plus both Saturday and Sunday..and hardly even a cloud in the sky...

I'll try and post some pics from both courses tonite when I get home from work... needless to say..I am still in need sleep!
    At least you got a couple of rounds in, and the weather sounded a bit better than here. The pictures would be great! After some sleep of course
    Colby

I'll post a trip report when I get back
    :cryin
    Myrtle Beach Golf

3 Wood mkemila is on a distinguished road mkemila's Avatar
    I just played two rounds at Chateau Cartier this morning and afternoon and found the fairways to be excellant overall.....the greens are really coming along....7 and 11 are being aerated today, the others were in quite good shape. By this summer I can see this course being fantastic!!

Pics from Le Geant & Le Diable

I couldn't attach the pics, they were too large to attach.. You can view them at the following address:

http://ca.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...rs76/my_photos

Cheers

Kev

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

way cool

great pictures kev

Cant wait to be playing there later in the year.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Nice pics Kev, #15 looks like a son of a #*%&*.
    I have to get away soon, thanks for the inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by fireice
    Nice pics Kev, #15 looks like a son of a #*%&*.
    I have to get away soon, thanks for the inspiration.
    #15 is a fun par 5, downhill all the way!
    Colby

#15 is a fun par 5, downhill all the way!
    Yah.. fun is what I called it too... hit a 310yd drive over the cart path.. 151 left to the green (according to the good ole GPS).... severe downhill lie... 5 shots later I was in with a double.... :reallymad

On a brighter note.. I had three beers on that hole!

Kev

Andru
    Yah.. fun is what I called it too... hit a 310yd drive over the cart path.. 151 left to the green (according to the good ole GPS).... severe downhill lie... 5 shots later I was in with a double.... :reallymad

Kev
    Wrong course. sorry

Kev
    Let's see... Drive + 5 shots = 6. You score Par 5's funny! Where you playing the blues or the whites? If you were playing the blues, how did you like the carry on #14?!?
    Colby

Let's see... Drive + 5 shots = 6. You score Par 5's funny! Where you playing the blues or the whites? If you were playing the blues, how did you like the carry on #14?!?

I told you I was in need of some sleep! Had to stay up last night and watch the hockey game...

I did have double... (6 shots later).. played from the whites... there was an abundance of beer involved all weekend....

I actually said to my buddies on 14 .. wow this would be a tough one from the tips! 220 carry!

I told you I was in need of some sleep! Had to stay up last night and watch the hockey game...

I did have double... (6 shots later).. played from the whites... there was an abundance of beer involved all weekend....

I actually said to my buddies on 14 .. wow this would be a tough one from the tips! 220 carry!
    I haven't played it from the tips but the 200 yard carry from the blues is exciting!
    Colby

Just got back

Not sure what you found, but I've been playing Le Geant every May for the last four years, and it was in very good shape for this time of year. I'm used to seeing greens that have round mold spots, and very bumpy, these were very good. The 21 other guys I was with felt it was in great shape also. Strange what a week of rain and sunshine will do
    Colby

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Tried CLOVERDALE Monday morning. Yes, the 2/1 before 11.am is still going.
    Sunny & 20 (eventually)

What a treat, not a browned out spot on any green. Ater a couple of courses lately, this was as good as it gets.

Starting the day with back-to-back Birds was pretty nice too.

Stopping at Rideau Carleton for lunch & hitting a ROYAL on the 4th play was just the prefect ending to great Monday....

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Interesting morning at Falcon Ridge today.
    Arrived early & started at 7.00. Carrying & by myself, I caught up to the 1st two pairs who cheerfully let me thru, even the couple in a Cart.

Course is coming around beautifully with fast greens.

On #9, 195 3-par, I hit a nice 7-wood to the middle of the green. You can only see the pin from the tee. Found my ball 2" directly behind the pin. Easy bird but what do you do if you actually get an ACE playing by yourself?? Do you get credit or do you need a witness?
    Woud I be or :cryin ??

Also, that funky #11 with the 3 (or 4) trees in the middle of the fairway landing area is now down to just the one big one on the right about 100 yards short of the pin. They chopped them out-of-there! Much more playable!!

Finished at 9.15 with an average score of 85. Could not believe I had got in a full 18 walking in two hours & a bit!! Tracey at the cash register was impressed too.

Great weekend to all!!

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    Played Canadian this morning. Good shape. Great greens. Got there early enough to avoid the incredible crowds.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by faldo
    Easy bird but what do you do if you actually get an ACE playing by yourself?? Do you get credit or do you need a witness?
    You buy yourself a drink

Most "official" HIO lists require a witness, but we'd listen to the story and post a "congrats" anyway. Nice shot by the way.

I once went fishing by myself, and the fish was so big I could not get it in the boat to bring it home.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Played early at Champlain. Teed off at 6:15 and I was home at 9:30

Greens are FAR better than last time we were there 2 weeks ago. Still a little bit spotty in a few areas, but they have the pins in decent spots. Fairways are coming along more slowly, but are OK.

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by faldo
    Interesting morning at Falcon Ridge
    Course is coming around beautifully with fast greens.
    Faldo:please, Keep it quiet. 4jag may get offended.

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar

Upper Canada

Played Upper Canada yesterday and the course was in very good shape. Only the green on #12 was in rough shape but other than that I was very impressed!

If only those geese were potty trained..... :jitter

For those who have never played this course, you gotta try it! It's about 1 1/2 hours from downtown (in Morrisburg). I strongly recommend it.

Out of Bounds chipandput is on a distinguished road chipandput's Avatar

Champlain

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Played early at Champlain. Teed off at 6:15 and I was home at 9:30

Greens are FAR better than last time we were there 2 weeks ago. Still a little bit spotty in a few areas, but they have the pins in decent spots. Fairways are coming along more slowly, but are OK.

You think the fairways are coming o.k. :dissappro I've never seen a course in such bad conditon .It's a shame for the owners to ask $1600 a season to play there. :shake Emerald Links is the best quality/price course that you can get in the area. Other than that,you don't get anything good for your money............chip

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by chipandput
    You think the fairways are coming o.k. :dissappro I've never seen a course in such bad conditon .It's a shame for the owners to ask $1600 a season to play there. :shake Emerald Links is the best quality/price course that you can get in the area. Other than that,you don't get anything good for your money............chip

WOOOOOOOOOOO... hold on... played in Ottawa for a few years and I'd like you to support your opinions. I agree that Champlain isn't the greatest. I didn't like their rock hard fairways and a few of the members (bad characters). Therefore I never went back. Played Meadows on the weekend and for 37$, you got a very decent course with greens that were in excellent shape (minus the ball marks), very receptive and fairways that were well maintained. Not bad at all for 37$.

As for the price of memberships, well that is something I won't discuss because I'm in no position to do so. But please support your opinions next time. Thanks man.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Thread Information